Mystar - Issues And Comments

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really? thats interesting. the 15th is a sunday. are the installers working on a sunday now? or will we have to wait until monday, hence being HD on the 15th is still a farce

And I wonder why the poor drones on the sales desk dont know who will get one, whats the point of "expressing your interest" if they cant tell you whether you were successful or not :( Im going to ring every bloody day until I get an answer, obviously if I still get a dont know on friday the 13th :o then i missed out.

I never said we were beginning to install on a sunday, read. We will (as contractors) receive the HD boxes prior to the 15th. When you get one, who knows. But the techs for ATS will apparantly have them before hand for installation. As far as the HDMI connections etc, that hasn't been supplied to use for purchase so good luck there. Considering that we are being supplied HDMI 2m lead for like 5 bucks and the cheapest available to purchase retails is around 15-30, good luck getting a tech to install your new HD system via HDMI. When Hills release them, we will install them, until then, stick with 576I !

Mystar HD boxes were freighted out to techs yesterday.

this release of HD on the 15th is a farce. I have rang several times now to be told they dont know when (or if) i will get a HD mystar. How can they say HD starts on that day if no-one will have a box to wwatch it. its absurd! Did anyone else notice the blatant false advertising in novembers printed guide? page 58, ford ranger cup, big red circle with letters saying now in HD, down below sth aust vs vic live nov 4th on fox sports 3 HD. how can it be "now in HD" on the 4th if HD doesnt start until the 15th?

Just received an e-mail, "MyStar HD is now here!"

They're here! Our MyStar HD set top boxes have arrived and we've reserved one just for you – but due to the high demand, we can only hold it until November 15. So don't delay, order MyStar HD today.

Ordered, should arrive "by the 25th November." Coming via Australia post as a swap for my current MyS**t.

Just received an e-mail, "MyStar HD is now here!"

They're here! Our MyStar HD set top boxes have arrived and we've reserved one just for you – but due to the high demand, we can only hold it until November 15. So don't delay, order MyStar HD today.

Ordered, should arrive "by the 25th November." Coming via Australia post as a swap for my current MyS**t.

Got the same email, glad they reserved one for me, since I ordered mine yesterday lol, they are a bit slow on the email I think. Insterad of emailing me, just get aussie post to send it to me

Careful! It might have been a typo and perhaps should read ....

"MyStar HD is no where!"

;)

That should be the title of a new thread for the Mystar HD. We wouldn't want complaints of that unit getting messed up with the SD MyStar as it deserves to have 90+ pages of complaints on its own.

This month is the official start of the Mystar HD public beta testing programme.

Of course there will be complaints, we have geared ourselves up for it, and will try everything to find it and the whole basis of these forums is to complain.

Looking forward to them. Bring em on!

Only a week or so to go until the complaints about it not working properly start. ;)

Of course, I may be wrong and it may be a technological marvel... but I won't be holding my breath.

Austar Technical Support told me that I need to turn my mystar box to a 35 degree angle because my plasma is causing interferance with mystar's remote as the mystar does the opposite to the remote command. Anyone else heard this? I also asked if I got the new mystar HD, could I keep my existing SD box, pay whatever fee, and use it solely to play back the recordings. I was told no, it has to be connected to the dish in order to play back the recordings. Didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Edited by hobb

Of course there will be complaints, we have geared ourselves up for it, and will try everything to find it and the whole basis of these forums is to complain.

Hopefully the issues that may be present will be so obscure and non-irritating to, as you say, 'require everything to find it'... but I'm not holding my breath. If the HD edition is anything like its SD sibling it'll be a piece of rubbish and it'll be obvious.

Austar Technical Support told me that I need to turn my mystar box to a 35 degree angle because my plasma is causing interferance with mystar's remote as the mystar does the opposite to the remote command.

That's a new one on me. I wonder if moving the my-disa-star to a 35 degree angle relative to the sun will fix it too... as I know several people who have 'the remote control blues' and yet have no plasma (or LCD) TV just a humble CRT and no CFL style lighting.

What's the next excuse? The phase of the moon?

Every single glitch the MyStar HD has, I'll be calling Austar. This time I'm not going to take it anymore. If it's anything like the MyStar, they will be pleading with me to leave them alone. I'll be starting a database logging problems, details of contact with Austar and how the complaint was handled (very careful not to put resolved here).

I've opened a new topic for the MyStar HD

Edited by OzyDave

I VIEW WITH INTEREST YOUR COMMENTS ON MYSTAR, BUT HOW ABOUT EXPLAINING WHAT IT IS, NOT BEING TECHNICALLY MINDED LIKE SOME PEOPLE ON HERE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IT IS.

It's a set top box that receives satellite pay TV and terrestrial free to air. Here's a link:

Be aware that it is not without a few faults. Read back through the last 90 odd pages for more details :angry2:

hmm.. I wonder if DrP will have the most posts in this thread too... ;)

I for one, never had any issues with my MyStar except the occasional sluggish TV Guide/Planner, never had to replace it, never had to call up to complain about it.

I have a MyStar HD on order, can't wait to see what the HD channels are like.

I for one, never had any issues with my MyStar except the occasional sluggish TV Guide/Planner, never had to replace it, never had to call up to complain about it.

Do you have FTA digital channels on mystar? I didnt and had very few, after initial teething, issues.