Sign in to follow this  
Junkyard

Panasonic Th-p65v10a 65" Plasma

Thanks for the breakdown Jayman, it helps to have a comparator for understanding these warranty deals.

I will enjoy my telly veeeery much :P

Knowing you the 'soon to be reality' Pana 80" will be gracing your wall :ninja::lol:

Lovely to hear from Kazz again!

Good point Owen, I like to think that any negotiation I have that is off benefit to me still allows enough for the modern retailer to stick around and sell me something again in the future. Otherwise we'd all be on here sharing stories about our latest valve rotation for a 1950s era Ampilfier or Wireless radio :lol:

Thanks for clearing that up Mr P :)

Knowing you the 'soon to be reality' Pana 80" will be gracing your wall :ninja::lol:

Cheers,

Curious

Pana 80 Wow when is that coming cheers :mellow:

Yeah, I reckon once the salesman has written off most of the profit margin in the negotiated purchase price then picking up a small bonus in the EW is only fairplay - I read a line in a Bryce Courtenay book many years ago and it stuck in my mind as a good balancing tool when negotiating:

'always leave a little salt on the bread for the next man'

...for me that means you can walk in the door and do a deal with that very same salesman anytime in the future without feeling like he would rather you didn't show your face in the shop again 'cos the last deal was so skinny he wouldn't want to waste his time on you :)

Cheers,

Curious

Yep I agree, I like to get a good deal but it has to be a two way street, the sales guys have to eat too.

However in the case of the JB I walked out of, not only did they not come down to anywhere near the price of other stores on the panel but then came up with their humungus EW price as well.

and real nice to Kazz back for a comment.
Lovely to hear from Kazz again!

Thanks guys. :D

Well, the beast arrived today and just finished watching 'The Deep' with Robert Shaw, Nick Nolte and Jackie Bisset - what can I say? this is one MUTHA of a television...looking forward to fiddling with the settings a little and rewatching my BD collection again :P

Two thumbs up Panasonic!

Cheers,

Curious

Well, the beast arrived today and just finished watching 'The Deep' with Robert Shaw, Nick Nolte and Jackie Bisset - what can I say? this is one MUTHA of a television...looking forward to fiddling with the settings a little and rewatching my BD collection again :P

Two thumbs up Panasonic!

Cheers,

Curious

Nice - you're lucky in that you got delivery so soon after ordering.

You should have a look at some of the Samsung threads for people who are hanging on for months still with no definite date.

Enjoy :)

You should have a look at some of the Samsung threads for people who are hanging on for months still with no definite date.

jeepers, and I thought the Panas were the ones with delivery issues!

Just finished watching the footy replay on ONE HD (go Dogs) - all I can say is 'WOW' this is one seriously eye-popping picture, and that is with the settings as they were in/out of the box. Not sure how much more improvement I can expect from fiddling with the settings ^_^

Cheers,

Kieran

There was also a marathon wait for this as well as many can attest, :D

Anybody know how to access service menu

looking at demo plasma and want to check hours b4 purchase. somebody who owns pana plasma must know

looking at demo plasma and want to check hours b4 purchase. somebody who owns pana plasma must know

Howdy com,

I don't know how to access the service menu but the store you are buying the demo model from should have no problems bringing up the hours for you, just ask them :)

Cheers,

Curious

I very much doubt any store would do that even if they knew how.

Edited by Owen

Thanks to ralfi for the access code. The storeperson had no idea but was curious and also keen for a sale. It had 2334 hours so I passed on the deal.

Guest EZYHD
Thanks to ralfi for the access code. The storeperson had no idea but was curious and also keen for a sale. It had 2334 hours so I passed on the deal.

Well done with smart thinking, lucky they allowed you to do it.

...and yet they did do it for him, amazing what you can achieve when you simply try ;)

Wow, got a nice surprise in the mail this week - a 5.1 Panasonic Blu-Ray disc theatre system including a BD copy of Avatar.

This is quite a package - Dolby True HD, DTS HD Master, Viera Link, Online streaming, wirless ready rear speakers, Wirless LAN ready, IPod and IPhone compatable, 24p, BD Live and more.

Not sure whether to keep this as a second system or sell it to further reduce the final purchase price of my 65" Plasma ^_^

Anyone know what one of these systems should fetch?

Cheers,

Curious

Wow, got a nice surprise in the mail this week - a 5.1 Panasonic Blu-Ray disc theatre system including a BD copy of Avatar.

This is quite a package - Dolby True HD, DTS HD Master, Viera Link, Online streaming, wirless ready rear speakers, Wirless LAN ready, IPod and IPhone compatable, 24p, BD Live and more.

Not sure whether to keep this as a second system or sell it to further reduce the final purchase price of my 65" Plasma ^_^

Cheers,

Curious

personally no idea, but a google search of the model no. should give some clues.

Edited by bensl

A search on eBay will give you a good idea. If you are planning to offload it the sooner the better as more of these will hit the second hand market soon as people buy more of the eligible Panasonic models.

$728.95

Thanks guys, looks like there's a couple on e-bay now (model SC-BT230GN-K) so I'll see what their going for and work out if it's worth selling or not (I'm amazed at the list of features in these HTIB packages for well under a grand!)

Cheers,

Curious

Guest EZYHD

I got a free Wii with my 65"Panny, sold it on eBay day after it came for $300.

Hi guys Picked up a demo unit for $3991 from videopro delivered with 200hrs. How do i turn off SHOP mode?

Go into the menus and there should be something called "Shipping Condition" pg 32 of the manual

Menu->Setup->System Menu->Select Shipping Condition

Then the TV will be returned to factory settings with all settings wiped, and you go through the whole initial install as if it were new. It'll ask you the State you are in, Timezone etc, auto tune channels and to choose between Shop/Home modes

Hi everyone, my first post here, there is a stack of useful information to get through.

I picked up my P65v10 from Joyce Mayne last weekend for $2,799,which I think is a pretty good deal. This is my first big TV, previous was 39" LG rear projection. Purchased a PS3 to go with it for the kids.

Very impressed so far. I was almost swayed by the big Samsungs, my other HDTV's in the house are all Samsung and they have been good to me.

Thanks

FYI. Spotted the Pana V10 65" for $2999 at Harvey Norman Chirnside Park this weekend only. Sure dropped a lot in price since I bought mine 9 months ago.