Sign in to follow this  
Junkyard

Panasonic Th-p65v10a 65" Plasma

Guest EZYHD
Honestly all I cared about with the 65V10A was the size and that the PQ was good. I haven't even tested the speakers to make sure they work, nor have I ever tuned a TV station through it (never connected an antenna cable to it). If there was an option when I was purchasing the TV to have one without speakers/tuner and still have the same PQ for less I would have gladly gone that route.

+1 did exactly the same, antennae to PVR then to TV, PVR HDMI to receiver, BR Player HDMI to receiver then via hDMI to TV, not used TV speakers nor tuned in on TV stations.

My 65V10A has speakers? :huh: Next you'll tell me it has a HD tuner built in :P

Honestly all I cared about with the 65V10A was the size and that the PQ was good. I haven't even tested the speakers to make sure they work, nor have I ever tuned a TV station through it (never connected an antenna cable to it). If there was an option when I was purchasing the TV to have one without speakers/tuner and still have the same PQ for less I would have gladly gone that route.

Yeah, since getting a twin tuner HD PVR a few years ago, I very rarely use the internal tuner and now since getting a second PVR, I never miss a show I like so no need to watch anything 'live' because I have run out of tuners.

However for me, I like good internal speakers because I don't like watching TV shows through the AVR. I like to try and keep that for good TV shows (eg Band of Brothers) or movies just for the atmosphere it produces...oh, and some sport too.

Did you look at the commercial 65" Pana plasma? I think it was more expensive than the V10 though...WTF???

Guest EZYHD

I've 2 PVR's, an Austar (like Foxtel) Mystar HD Box and Beyonwiz S1 so 4 turners in all, the mind boggles at No. recordings we make. Came back from Hong Kong last Sunday after aweek away to about 100 recordings, dam stupid if you ask me!.

Did you look at the commercial 65" Pana plasma? I think it was more expensive than the V10 though...WTF???

Yeah, I have no idea why when it seems like it is a very similar screen and has no tuner and fewer connections. Maybe build quality is higher??

I've 2 PVR's, an Austar (like Foxtel) Mystar HD Box and Beyonwiz S1 so 4 turners in all, the mind boggles at No. recordings we make. Came back from Hong Kong last Sunday after aweek away to about 100 recordings, dam stupid if you ask me!.

Did you get to see the 85" pana in Hong Kong?

Edited by Masuta

Guest EZYHD
Did you get to see the 85" pana in Hong Kong?

Nah, was too busy at trade show then out every night with ex Pat OZ mates and suppliers till late, came home from HK wrecked, then to hundreds of orders, took a week to get back to some normality, sure there will be 1or 2 on our shores soon.

sure there will be 1or 2 on our shores soon.

Perhaps in the Foxtail pad? ;)

Guest EZYHD
Perhaps in the Foxtail pad? ;)

Nope, think I'm done for this year! :)

So you say Foxy!....but there's always next year! :lol:;)

Guest EZYHD
So you say Foxy!....but there's always next year! :lol:;)

Well I have said before diesel no more upgradis... but look what happened!, in18 months a Pio 50" TV. Epson PJ & screen (both now sold) and now the 65" Panny plus I picked up a Marantz SR6004 for under $800 in Hong Kong recently, me upgrade no never :).

Streamaster has stock of these (65V10) in Sydney @ $5299

Edited by nsdn

Guest EZYHD
Streamaster has stock of these (65V10) in Sydney @ $5299

WOW a bargain to be had there. I can say I love mine at 3m, brilliant TV.

It's a big ask when people are picking up a 63" Samsung C7000 plasma for $3500. I much as I like Panasonic products, Samsung pricing and relative good quality of their TVs gives Panasonic some serious competition.

It's a big ask when people are picking up a 63" Samsung C7000 plasma for $3500. I much as I like Panasonic products, Samsung pricing and relative good quality of their TVs gives Panasonic some serious competition.

And with only a few more months to go before the 2010 Panasonic models start coming out, a lot of people will want to see what they are like before buying a 2009 model.

Hi All,

MY first post and as luck would have it, I find a post about the TV I am about to buy.

Just waiting on final confo from the installer to make sure my beams can hold the weight when wall mounted (he is checking my house out this weekend).

As soon as he gives me a yes, i'm off to buy the TV.

I have been haggling with a particular store and I should be able to get this set for about $4800. But I have to wait until the first week of June when stock becomes available.

Will post back if all goes well on Saturday and i hand over the cash.

Hi All,

MY first post and as luck would have it, I find a post about the TV I am about to buy.

Just waiting on final confo from the installer to make sure my beams can hold the weight when wall mounted (he is checking my house out this weekend).

As soon as he gives me a yes, i'm off to buy the TV.

I have been haggling with a particular store and I should be able to get this set for about $4800. But I have to wait until the first week of June when stock becomes available.

Will post back if all goes well on Saturday and i hand over the cash.

Bing Lee?

And with only a few more months to go before the 2010 Panasonic models start coming out, a lot of people will want to see what they are like before buying a 2009 model.

Actually quite a few months to go unfortunately, we have just been told that everyone are reordering V10 series as V20 in the larger panels won't be around until September possibly october. This is true for both 58 and 65 models. smaller V20 series samples are appearing in shops now on special delivery from Pana.

We are out of 58s again (last one was ordered today) still have some 65 though in stock, not for long though, there is actually price pressure up presently because of supply so $5299 is a good price particularly considering it includes CC charges (not amex though) and is in stock.

There is no way Binga will do $4800, and I would be interested in buying it myself at that price.

Edited by nsdn

Guest EZYHD

In stock and under $5300 a good buy IMO, watching a screen this size is fantastic, love mine.

Bing Lee?

Actually it was at Harvery Norman. Took them my Myer price of $5K and got them to $4,800.

I've changed my mind anway and decided to go with the 63 inch Samsung instead.

Not for the 3D (think that is a load of crap) but simply because it looks like a decent tv and will be about $1500 less.

Also the Samsung is only 38kg compared to 60kg for the Panasonic so the wall mounting is no longer an issue.

Guest EZYHD

Dreddy, which HN? if someone wants one.

Dreddy, which HN? if someone wants one.

Broadway in Sydney.

Took me about half an hour to get them down but would of been worth it in the end if I didn't change my mind.

No extra warranty though, they wanted a few hundred for that. Can't recall exactly how much.

Guest EZYHD
"Someone" isn't after an additional one is he? :lol:

Nope.. :)

Interesting...I will check with my HN contacts tomorrow on their invoice cost.....that price still seems too low to believed.

Samsung...well, good luck is all I want to say, not only that the pana is visibly nicer to look at in terms of picture....engine processing and pure white.

btw we sell both so don't care so that is a personal subjective choice....however our experience with pana service and support is also superior.

Its a individual choice though if the difference in price justifies....but not being able to get Pioneer, pana IS the next best thing.

I don’t agree with that assessment, maybe you should learn to set the Samsung up properly.

I would take the Panasonic in preference to the 63” Samsung because of size and black level in a dark room, however the inferior screen filter on the Panasonic make it less desirable under significant ambient light.

People payed less than $4800 for the Panasonic months ago so $4800 is steep. Considering the AU dollar and overseas pricing it should be under $4k.

deleted

Edited by Owen