Sign in to follow this  
Junkyard

Panasonic Th-p65v10a 65" Plasma

Guest EZYHD
Seems to grow when you get it home. :D

Mine did!.

Even visitors have noticed it, a few said "what size is that TV of yours!".

My 3 friends (I only asked one) that came over to help me unpack and set it up were very jealous. 2 refused to help and just sat on the couch and demanded to see what Blu-Ray looked like. I provided a sample and 1 hasn't left my couch in 2 weeks. It's getting a little embarrassing. All jokes aside the missus thinks it is too big, but what does she know!! I say to her it's smaller than the 90" projector screen it replaces. I think all TV stations commercials look rubbish lots of jaggies and anything shot on handicam the same. TV stations still produce lots of stuff on rubbish cameras, National Netball comp looks terrible compared to match of the day AFL or NRL games. Can tell the difference between game in Syd and game in Bris. Guess those cameras cost a lot of money!! HiDef sport in this country has a long way to go I think.

Watched 5 or 6 Blu-Ray movies and I must say I am impressed. I haven't performed any tweeking yet that will come in the next few weeks. Been dealing with HTPC upgrade issues needed to push the tv to produce it's best and stupid remote problems.

You definately notice the heat this thing gives off and at the 1750Kw/year (ave 10 hrs /day viewing) the sticker on the front says equates to $370/year which is a fair wack. We won't e using it half that much, still I better start a trust fund to pay for the power in my retirement!

My bro who has his new 46" series 8 samsung LED in the next room still thinks his is better.

Cheers

Sailing

Guys who have ordered a current model and waiting for June shipment....you may get the new model as that is the expected arrival date for 2010 65" VT models....woohoo

The 65VT20A is expected June 2010

The 65S20A is expected September 2010

I think this is the year I upgrade to a 65"....especially if the S range can bring the price close to $4k

Edited by diesel

Guys who have ordered a current model and waiting for June shipment....you may get the new model as that is the expected arrival date for 2010 65" VT models....woohoo

The 65VT20A is expected June 2010

The 65S20A is expected September 2010

I think this is the year I upgrade to a 65"....especially if the S range can bring the price close to $4k

Wow

Owen will be pleased or have one less thing to whine about as the new models have the screen filters.

.....when reading the manual (real men never read manuals) it says to keep it away from electronics (yeah right!) and infra red receivers as it emmits IR..........

I would hope an infra-red remote control did emit infra-red or it would not be much good!! This should not be a problem as the IR codes are different so although the pana stuff will detect the IR and flash it's light it should not affect it. Any electronics will emit a small amount of radiation which is minimised in most devices by shielding. I have the USB DVICO FusionHDTV also and have absolutely no problems with cross-talk between controllers with all my Panasonic gear (65 inch set, Blu-ray recorder and Blu-ray HT). I do use a media-centre controller though so the codes may be different from the original DVICO remote controller so that may be an option if the problem is troublesome.

{edit} just tried my original DVICO control on the setup. When I use the power button on the remote it does reduce the volume on my pana HT box but other buttons have no effect on TV nor blu-rays devices.

Edited by koolkat

Guest EZYHD

If its near $4K I can live with that as I paid $4730 less the free Wii I sold for $300, so all up $4430.

Well at least this time round it looks like they will be releasing 2 models, so hopefully supplies will be enough to meet demand...

Well at least this time round it looks like they will be releasing 2 models, so hopefully supplies will be enough to meet demand...

I imagine if the device releases in June there won't be much stock until at least November/December. Demand for the 65v10 was strong due to the price drop from previous 65 models though no doubt held back by those waiting for 3D. With the 3D sets and emergence from the GFC I would imagine demand will be much stronger still and supplies could be tight for at least 6-12 months post launch (65v10 demand still not satisfied 5 1/2 months following launch!!).

I wouldn't bother - wait for polarizing sets so you can get extra (much lighter and hence more comfortable) glasses from the local cinemas for $1 or on prescription for those that need corrective glasses (so only one pair needed).

wait 24 months for 3D and get an 80-85 inch at the time.

Edited by koolkat

wait 24 months for 3D and get an 80-85 inch at the time.

But I already have waited that long for a 65"

3D doesn't really attract me that much as FTA content for the next few years will be rare and I won't be buying a 3D Bluray player just so I can watch 3D movies.

But I already have waited that long for a 65"

3D doesn't really attract me that much as FTA content for the next few years will be rare and I won't be buying a 3D Bluray player just so I can watch 3D movies.

I was thinking about changing my order to the 3D model but then I saw "Clash of the Titans". Avatar was a enjoyable 3D experience but after 5 minutes watching clash I knew 2D and the V10A would be fine for many years....

I was considering the 54S10 before going for the 58B550 Sammy in the end, but would seriously consider the 65S20 this time next year or even a used 65V10 if they were around for the right money - maybe someone selling a 65v10 to upgrade to a 65 3dTV..nudge nudge wink wink.....

Mine just arrived and its friggen huge.... BUT already I am getting used to the size (2.3m - 2.6m viewing distance).

Worth every cent! Even the wife has approved of my impulsive order so many months ago:)

Sad to see the pio 508 going but this thing is a worthy replacement.

Needed 3 people to get it out of the box - 2 is not enough!

Edited by Gumball

Wow

Owen will be pleased or have one less thing to whine about as the new models have the screen filters.

Im affraid Owen will never be pleased.

Guest EZYHD
Mine just arrived and its friggen huge..

Needed 3 people to get it out of the box - 2 is not enough!

Yep visitros still ask the size of the TV, its taken up a wall here:

Im affraid Owen will never be pleased.

Ain't that the truth ;)....though you have to give him kudos as he does have his standards and will not compromise

Not for sale IIRC, no more orders to be taken seems to be the chatter

If its near $4K I can live with that as I paid $4730 less the free Wii I sold for $300, so all up $4430.

It will not be the same build quality as the 65v10.

Also the series s will probably be devoid of the 96hz processing for br.

I was thinking about changing my order to the 3D model but then I saw "Clash of the Titans". Avatar was a enjoyable 3D experience but after 5 minutes watching clash I knew 2D and the V10A would be fine for many years....

+1.

It will not be the same build quality as the 65v10.

TBH, I couldn't give a rat's ...., the PQ should be similar, screen size will be the same and sound quality will also be the same - shame they have to make TV's so thin that you don't get decent speakers like on my current PX600 Pana plasma.

TBH, I couldn't give a rat's ...., the PQ should be similar, screen size will be the same and sound quality will also be the same - shame they have to make TV's so thin that you don't get decent speakers like on my current PX600 Pana plasma.

Don't know about you but 3:2 pulldown will look awful on a tv of this size if 96hz is not available for br viewing.

But isn't 3:2 pulldown only for NTSC discs? If so, I don't watch any 30fps stuff.

My 65V10A has speakers? :huh: Next you'll tell me it has a HD tuner built in :P

Honestly all I cared about with the 65V10A was the size and that the PQ was good. I haven't even tested the speakers to make sure they work, nor have I ever tuned a TV station through it (never connected an antenna cable to it). If there was an option when I was purchasing the TV to have one without speakers/tuner and still have the same PQ for less I would have gladly gone that route.

whats the going price on the pana 65" now ?

I was in Adelaide for a couple of day's work this week and noticed that HN City Cross had one on the floor, ticketed at $6499. First one I have seen in the flesh. They were showing some Russell Crowe western of some sort and not particularly good quality at that. Still, its BIG and it would comfortably replace the Pio at home I reckon :D:D

Not for sale IIRC, no more orders to be taken seems to be the chatter

Didn't ask about better price or availability