Sign in to follow this  
Junkyard

Panasonic Th-p65v10a 65" Plasma

G'day thanks for the reply...do you have the Myer Chatswood Receipt?...If so I already have that one from last December..I was wondering if there is a more recent version out here???

I have mine and Chatswood. Chatswood will do just fine its a genuine receipt you

should be able to get a free delivery out of them considering it was in December.

The guy serving me had seen the Chatswood receipt before :lol:

BTW the guy at Myers told me the chatwood employee was sacked for selling that cheap,

Probably right up there with "we are only making profit on the warranty"

Edited by omb

I have mine and Chatswood. Chatswood will do just fine its a genuine receipt you

should be able to get a free delivery out of them considering it was in December.

The guy serving me had seen the Chatswood receipt before :lol:

BTW the guy at Myers told me the chatwood employee was sacked for selling that cheap,

Probably right up there with "we are only making profit on the warranty"

Went to Chatswood Myer and they indeed honored the receipt...$3300 inc delivery..I couldn't get them to budge on the 5 yr warranty at $499....so all up $3799...which is what Digital Centre are selling this model for....PS I heard that Panasonic are about to drop their prices....so haggle.

Went to Chatswood Myer and they indeed honored the receipt...$3300 inc delivery..

nice work ! did they have it in stock ?

Hi all,

I have had mine for months now. Got in early. Did not get a bargain as few shops had one. Price was OK in my opinion. Had no faith in the whole "we are expecting one next week line" so I went with the HN shop which had one in stock.

What I want to ask though is why on earth with all their production capacity Panaonic can't just crank out more of these babies? We are not talking about a hand made Rolls Royce here. It's just the biogger version of their mass produced 50inch V series dime a dozen telly. What gives? I find it hard to believe Pana has no interest in selling as many tonnes of these bad boys as they can.

nice work ! did they have it in stock ?

New shipment arrivingnext Wednesday ...so no issues with stock!

I find it hard to believe Pana has no interest in selling as many tonnes of these bad boys as they can.

Demand is high for these all over the world and so unfortunately stocks remain tight!

What I want to ask though is why on earth with all their production capacity Panaonic can't just crank out more of these babies?

The world is a bloody big market.

Until this model arrived, how many 65" plasmas were being sold? I would guess not too many.

eg. there is no way in hell I ever imagined, last July when I started shopping around, that I would own one. I was thinking:

50"? Nah, I'll splash out and get a 54" ... hey, hang on, suddenly this new 58" one somehow well within my budget and is damn nice. Sweet! I'll grab that. Ummm ... HELLO ... what's this beautiful humungous beast over here? Screw this - it's time to live large!

They hit a sweet spot with price, quality, size and timing (esp. with the stronger aussie $) that they could not have anticipated. Sure they can, and no doubt have, cranked up production, but it doesn't happen overnight.

Edited by luuuc

They hit a sweet spot with price, quality, size and timing (esp. with the stronger aussie $) that they could not have anticipated. Sure they can, and no doubt have, cranked up production, but it doesn't happen overnight.

Well then, I feel sorry for all those that don't have it or are waiting. It is bloody magnificent! Personally, if I was told I couldn't have it until June or beyond I would just wait for the new model. I wouldn't get a 3DTV but I would wait for the nest improvement.

I helped my friend set his up on Tuesday. Looks awesome with blu Ray and fox HD. Was an absolute steal. It was manufactured Sep 2009. He ordered in Dec 2009, so not only is there a manufacturing shortage but also a transport delay with these sets.

Guest EZYHD

Never thought I would own a 65" TV of any sort, saw it pop up on various forums, thought hang on a minute, if I sell my 50" Pio and my Projector & Screen can have one for same bread, bingo, sold the lot (TV collected when new one arrived) and ordered the big Panny 1st week of Dec, it arrived last week Jan. now mounted, looks bloody awesome on the wall.

I am in no rush for this TV. I could handle waiting till end of April/Beginning of May. Though I do have to consider my options now and I take it the only alternative is the Samsung PS63A750 ?

Never thought I would own a 65" TV of any sort, saw it pop up on various forums, thought hang on a minute, if I sell my 50" Pio and my Projector & Screen can have one for same bread, bingo, sold the lot (TV collected when new one arrived) and ordered the big Panny 1st week of Dec, it arrived last week Jan. now mounted, looks bloody awesome on the wall.

good to see Foxtail... I ordered mine yesterday.... I was tossing and turning between a projector or upgrade from my 50" plasma.... I think I'd use the plasma more often... so pulled the trigger.... should arrive this Friday ....

Guest EZYHD
good to see Foxtail... I ordered mine yesterday.... I was tossing and turning between a projector or upgrade from my 50" plasma.... I think I'd use the plasma more often... so pulled the trigger.... should arrive this Friday ....

Well done. its an unreal TV.

You ordered yesterday and getting it Friday! WOW that is incredible ,most wait months forthe 65"Panny, you must be in the know!. :D:lol::D

Well done. its an unreal TV.

You ordered yesterday and getting it Friday! WOW that is incredible ,most wait months forthe 65"Panny, you must be in the know!. :D:lol::D

well ... in Singapore the large TV prices are about twice as much as Australia... so... plenty of stock over here at about AUD$8k .... not cheap ... but it is what it is .... at least I'll get it fast ...

I just hope my cabinet will hold the weight... the old 50" NEC is pretty heavy.... so it should be fine ...

the 50" moving to the bedroom (large bedroom), and the 40" in the bedroom moving to the library .... enough TV's alredy ...

Edited by big_marcelo

Hey Big M. Good to see you back posting again. B)

Guest EZYHD
well ... in Singapore the large TV prices are about twice as much as Australia... so... plenty of stock over here at about AUD$8k .... not cheap ... but it is what it is .... at least I'll get it fast ...

I just hope my cabinet will hold the weight... the old 50" NEC is pretty heavy.... so it should be fine ...

the 50" moving to the bedroom (large bedroom), and the 40" in the bedroom moving to the library .... enough TV's alredy ...

Weight is about 65kg with stand.

Despite the price difference that waiting period is amazing.

The variation in product prices between us and Signapore is odd: TVs cheaper here, Receivers cheaper in Singapore. I can get a Denon 4310 Receiver landed here for around $1800 from Singapore which is around half what it costs here.

Yeah, but is that Denon ripping Aussies off? Or are all receivers cheaper in the 'Pore?

If anyone in Adelaide is interested I saw one of these beauties at Radio Rentals Prospect tonight.

Probably only store in Adelaide with the panel.

Guest EZYHD

HN Cairns has a 65" Panny in stock price quoted was $5600.

The variation in product prices between us and Signapore is odd: TVs cheaper here, Receivers cheaper in Singapore. I can get a Denon 4310 Receiver landed here for around $1800 from Singapore which is around half what it costs here.

TV's above a certain size I think must attract a tax in Singapore probably something to do with power usage because you don't see anywhere near the numbers of large 50inch and above screen size in the shops there as you do in Australia.

Guest EZYHD

I also noticed same in Hong Kong last trip, all other consumer electronics cheap as chips tho. Will be there agin in couple weeks, heard they have a Panny 85" set up in Mong kok Shop I'll have to go see that also see what price is.

Hello Fellow Owners,

I got mine a couple of weeks ago and I have been struggling with my infrared remote on my HTPC (DVICO Fusion USB) acting up and being recalcitrant. I am pretty tired of it and then when reading the manual (real men never read manuals) it says to keep it away from electronics (yeah right!) and infra red receivers as it emmits IR. WTF!! I wish someone had of mentioned this. I thought I had read everything about this thing before purchase.

So if you are using Media Centre to drive this baby then your volume will increase or decrease for no apparent reason, become unresponsive and generally have a ghost in the machine. The imon remote also displays similar behaviour.

Cheers

Sailing.

Hello Fellow Owners,

I got mine a couple of weeks ago and I have been struggling with my infrared remote on my HTPC (DVICO Fusion USB) acting up and being recalcitrant. I am pretty tired of it and then when reading the manual (real men never read manuals) it says to keep it away from electronics (yeah right!) and infra red receivers as it emmits IR. WTF!! I wish someone had of mentioned this. I thought I had read everything about this thing before purchase.

So if you are using Media Centre to drive this baby then your volume will increase or decrease for no apparent reason, become unresponsive and generally have a ghost in the machine. The imon remote also displays similar behaviour.

Cheers

Sailing.

Enjoy your new toy.

What are your first impressions on this beast.

I actually mistook it for a 58" when I recently saw it on display at Radio Rentals Prospect.

Seems to grow when you get it home. :D

Edited by CC Rider