Sign in to follow this  
Junkyard

Panasonic Th-p65v10a 65" Plasma

Unfortunately there has been an influx of Chinese people posting here lately.

They are incapable of constructing logical points, their paragraph formatting lacks aesthetic appeal, their limited vocabulary results in boring looking sentences, their arguments quickly fall apart at the slightest hint of scrutiny, and their poor spelling & grammar results in a bad reading experience.

It's all going to hell I tell ya. How I long for the whiteys-only days...

I suggest you post this sort of stuff on the KKK or neo nazi forums.

I personally find this comment very offensive and it is certainly not the view of many of us Aussie member's.

I suggest you post this sort of stuff on the KKK or neo nazi forums.

I personally find this comment very offensive and it is certainly not the view of many of us Aussie member's.

I thin k it was a piece of parody judging by his previous post

There was nothing stylish about Pioneers' plasma's that set them apart from the pack.

Yes Samsung and LG make very attractive looking sets but I wouldn't buy LG even if they were selling at half the price of Pana's..

But that is IMO what makes the Pioneer's a very classy screen - their understated elegance.

Sure the Sammys and LGs of this world make stylish screen, but IMO these tend to date much faster than just a plain gloss screen with very few distinguishing features

I decided to jump in and purchase the unit as I want the blue ray player as bonus (it is going quite fast) @ AUD5150 nett delivered. Additional to that managed to get redeem another AUD 100 as cash voucher which make the unit cost to AUD 5050. I hope I made the right choice.

Congratulations! You definitely made the right choice. I was quoted $5,600 from the Sales Manager at Myer Melbourne (with expected stock to arrive early to mid Nov). I know you have had a few requests already, but would you mind forwarding me your receipt too? I would love to be able to utilise my myer one, lock-in the bonus blu ray player and justify the price decrease to him as well.

My email address is mrcheesewiz@hotmail.com

I'm still tossing up whether to get the tv delivered or just pick it up. I have had a bad delivery experience in the past with Myer. Last year, I took a day off work to accept delivery of a sofa but only to find that they had got the delivery dates wrong then had to fight with Myer customer service for hours on the phone and in person to get a refund of the delivery fee. I was thinking of getting my dad to help me load up his old SAAB turbo with the back seat down but I fear the box would just be too damn big to fit!

Many thanks

Daryl

Edited by mrcheesewiz

Congratulations! You definitely made the right choice. I was quoted $5,600 from the Sales Manager at Myer Melbourne (with expected stock to arrive early to mid Nov). Would you mind forwarding me your receipt so that I can use my myer one, lock in my bonus blu ray player and justify the price decrease to him as well? I would greatly appreciate it.

My email address is mrcheesewiz@hotmail.com

I'm still tossing up whether to get the tv delivered or just pick it up. I have had a bad delivery experience in the past with Myer. Last year, I took a day off work to accept delivery of a sofa but only to find that they had got the delivery dates wrong then had to fight with Myer customer service for hours on the phone and in person to get a refund of the delivery fee. I was thinking of getting my dad to help me load up his old SAAB turbo with the back seat down but I fear the box would just be too damn big to fit!

Many thanks

Daryl

Get it delivered....the size of the boxes these things come in is massive. Not worth the risk of dropping and breaking for $55 or whatever it is.

I think it was a piece of parody judging by his previous post

Correct.

I thin k it was a piece of parody judging by his previous post

I think he has a twisted tounge: pro China product at first and making a 180 degree turn

to spit out all racist anti Chinese comment. He must be a very successfull man in his professional

carreer, since his tounge is so ..o good. Only his boss knows how good his tounge is. Darn, I 'm jealous.

has anyone received a firm date on when these are arriving? I rang up myer sydney cbd and they said they had no idea hehe

has anyone received a firm date on when these are arriving? I rang up myer sydney cbd and they said they had no idea hehe

Yeah I would like to know too. Do Harvey Norman sell these models? Now I need ot sell my other Plasma to make room for this new one.

Get it delivered....the size of the boxes these things come in is massive. Not worth the risk of dropping and breaking for $55 or whatever it is.

Yeah tell me about it.

I thought it was wise to save a bit and hook the trailer up and pick up my 58v10 last Thursday.

Got to my place in one piece but it was the most nervous drive I've experienced in a while.

Definitely.... get the beast delivered.

Definitely.... get the beast delivered.

Should be right in my Toyota Hiace i'm thinking?

Edited by Ralfi

What's an extra $50 for delivery on a $5k+ TV, especially if you have a few stairs to negotiate. Let them bust their backs and all you have to do is lift it onto a wallmount/table stand ;)

I enquired about ETA at Harvey Norman. The salesperson rang Panasonic & was told that it would be mid to late November. Hopefully it will be released earlier. Has anyone else got any info???

I think he has a twisted tounge: pro China product at first and making a 180 degree turn

to spit out all racist anti Chinese comment. He must be a very successfull man in his professional

carreer, since his tounge is so ..o good. Only his boss knows how good his tounge is. Darn, I 'm jealous.

Haha... You're the fool that got caught agreeing with a racist comment that was said in jest!

You are also the only poster in this thread that continues to hold and ignorant, biased opinion regarding China despite others with experience giving evidence to the exact contrary.

Do you even intend to buy a V Series Plasma? If not, perhaps you've said enough on the subject.

As far as China goes; the proof is in the pudding. I have several pieces of kit that double in price the going rate of a V series 58". They are of superb finish, build, and performance quality and none have skipped a beat. They make anything you're likely to buy with a Japanese tag look like the, "$2 reject shop toy", you claim they are.

As stated previously; if you pay, China can deliver. If you pay nothing, they, like any other country, will still throw together a poor product.

Haha... You're the fool that got caught agreeing with a racist comment that was said in jest!

You are also the only poster in this thread that continues to hold and ignorant, biased opinion regarding China despite others with experience giving evidence to the exact contrary.

Do you even intend to buy a V Series Plasma? If not, perhaps you've said enough on the subject.

As far as China goes; the proof is in the pudding. I have several pieces of kit that double in price the going rate of a V series 58". They are of superb finish, build, and performance quality and none have skipped a beat. They make anything you're likely to buy with a Japanese tag look like the, "$2 reject shop toy", you claim they are.

As stated previously; if you pay, China can deliver. If you pay nothing, they, like any other country, will still throw together a poor product.

Call me whatever you want, stupid, arrogant, inlux, I don't care. Could you please

leave this thread alone for those that interested in the Panasonic 65V10A so they

can discuss usefull stuff.

For those that do not get caugh in the China/Japan product discussion, please accept my

appologise for divert the thread to an unwanted direction. I 'm very very sorry.

Edited by Aloha

Call me whatever you want, stupid, arrogant, inlux, I don't care. Could you please

leave this thread alone for those that interested in the Panasonic 65V10A so they

can discuss usefull stuff.

For those that do not get caugh in the China/Japan product discussion, please accept my

appologise for divert the thread to an unwanted direction. I 'm very very sorry.

Apology accepted.

Back on topic, as stated, I am interested in the 65v10a as I have the 58" and would like to hear some feedback on its bigger brother.

Anyone ordered and received yet?

Edited by himey

I have the TH-65PZ850A and it is Made in Japan. All I can say this is one beast of a TV.

This thing is built like a tank.

When the Th-p65v10a is released, like most on here, I wouldn't mind what feedback you guys have.

I can imagine that it'll be one hell of a TV.

Anyone ordered and received yet?

Everyone is saying mid-late November

I have the TH-65PZ850A and it is Made in Japan. All I can say this is one beast of a TV.

This thing is built like a tank.

When the Th-p65v10a is released, like most on here, I wouldn't mind what feedback you guys have.

I can imagine that it'll be one hell of a TV.

I will second that. The 65pz850 is a big tv. I am suprised the price has come down this much (I am also interested in were its made).

Apparently Pana has an 80 inch in the works. That might slot in the old price of the 65 incher.

Edited by stano

Finally jumped in and bought a 65v10A too. Managed to get Myers down to 5096 for the TV, 55 for delivery and 599 for extended 5 year warranty. Total was $5750.00

Finally jumped in and bought a 65v10A too. Managed to get Myers down to 5096 for the TV, 55 for delivery and 599 for extended 5 year warranty. Total was $5750.00

Well done. Very good price. Can I ask which Myer branch did you buy it from. I would appreciate if you can post a copy from the receipt.

That's a pricey EW, but overall not a bad price for the lot.

Hope they keep coming down! B)

Well done. Very good price. Can I ask which Myer branch did you buy it from. I would appreciate if you can post a copy from the receipt.

I got it from Doncaster, Melbourne. I used DigitalCentre to price match, which was $5693 (TV plus "free" 5 year extended warranty) $59 delivery:

http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/1013330/...-plasma-tv.html

The salesman was quite happy to price match by mentioning the store.

That's a pricey EW, but overall not a bad price for the lot.

Hope they keep coming down! B)

Yeah the EW was more expensive than most that I have seen (average seemed to be ~$450-500) but Myers wouldn't budge on the EW, not even $50. I preferred to buy from Myers as I had some vouchers so I was happy to get a price match. I also will get ~$115 worth of Myer One points, so that would bring my out of pocket costs to $5635 for the 65V10A, 5 yr EW and delivery.

Yeah the EW was more expensive than most that I have seen (average seemed to be ~$450-500) but Myers wouldn't budge on the EW, not even $50. I preferred to buy from Myers as I had some vouchers so I was happy to get a price match. I also will get ~$115 worth of Myer One points, so that would bring my out of pocket costs to $5635 for the 65V10A, 5 yr EW and delivery.

Throw in the free bundle from Panasonic which you can sell and get some more money back! B)

I will second that. The 65pz850 is a big tv. I am suprised the price has come down this much (I am also interested in were its made).

Apparently Pana has an 80 inch in the works. That might slot in the old price of the 65 incher.

I am also very interested to know where the TH-P65V10A has been manufactured.

I do not want to get into the argument of whether the quality of the Chinese products are the same standard like the Japanese products or not. All I want to know is whether at the current prices the TH-P65V10A is good value for money or not. I am sure that this has to take into account the country of manufacture.

I find it very strange that the TH-P65V10A is manufactured in China while the little brothers the TH-P58V10A and the TH-P50V10A are manufactured in Japan.

I called Panasonic and they told me that the TH-P65V10A is made in Japan, but I also sent Panasonic an email and they told me that "The Panasonic TH-P65V10A is manufactured in China by Panasonic."

Very confusing!