Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

I am going to buy a new 42' or 50' Panasonic plasma, but I dont know how much it should be?

If I pay cash at Good guys store, should I get 10~15% off??

I saw the previous model Panasonic 50in at DS Preston Vic for $5500 last week , I would imagine you could do lot less with some haggling, the new 42sd is at Megamart for $3500 with a DVD Recorder, I suppose $3100 would be around about you would expect to pay if you put the pressure on , remember all retail sales are down and latest statement from JB HiFI is that they expect sales to continue to be poor. Why dont you have a look at the NEC VM5W 42SD they can be got for under $3000.

I am going to buy a new 42' or 50' Panasonic plasma, but I dont know how much it should be?

If I pay cash at Good guys store, should I get 10~15% off??

Hi

Checkout the UK AV Forum;

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82

first, similar to new Model here and a lot of unhappy campers regarding visible seam in Picture(apparently dual processors), noise(Pioneer type Hum) and lack of Picture adjustments in Service Menu etc. After waiting 12 Months for the HDMI Model i chickened out and got the PV30 last Month.

If you do decide to get one Dick Smith PowerHouse have them sub $5000, around

$4400 if you have access to a ABN. My Brother checked one(PV50) out a couple of weeks ago and couldn't see any seam but be careful.

Regards

Basil

I got the 42" PV500 from JB HiFi for $4600. I looked very closely at the Pioneer 435HD and the Hitachi 7800TD before making my decision. I did pay another $600 odd for a 5 year warranty mind you.

Hi Def TV from a Strong 5400 through HDMI looks awesome.

DVD's look great too.

I checked out the thread mentioned by Basil. Haven't noticed the 'seam' or blotches that some folks OS are talking about. Seems to be an issue for the 50" as far I can tell.

It's very quiet. I can't hear anything with all sound muted and my ears up close to the unit.

There are plenty of picture adjustment controls to play with:

Brightness

Contrast

Saturation

Tint

Colour temperature

Picture(?) - Standard, Dynamic, Cinema etc...

I was at Myer the other day and they were comparing the cost price of the 42PV500A with a Samsung I was returning.

From their records it looks as though cost price for Myer is around $3510.

Now the happy owner of a 42PV500A (for one day anyway). Have noticed a slight buzz from the rear of the unit, but nothing that bothers me at this stage. Alot happier with this that the Samsung.

I was at Myer the other day and they were comparing the cost price of the 42PV500A with a Samsung I was returning.

From their records it looks as though cost price for Myer is around $3510.

Now the happy owner of a 42PV500A (for one day anyway). Have noticed a slight buzz from the rear of the unit, but nothing that bothers me at this stage. Alot happier with this that the Samsung.

Hi

Its hard to know for sure as every Co. has different buying prices and rebates but i was told a similar figure for wholesale price, just over $A3000.

The whinging in the UK AV Forum started as soon as they hit the market but the G-8 Model on sale here may be different to the UK ones.

Regards

Basil

Negotiated to a $6,400 delivered home for TH-50PV500A at Binglee, Rhodes Shopping Sydney. Habeeb the sales guy was really a nice guy indeed as I got some $200 worth as compliment! I got it on a 12 months deferred pay scheme through GE. Hope to payoff the loan during this no interest no repayment period. Also paid $440 more for that extended warrenty for 4 more years in addition to the 1-year default.

The picture is stunning and colour pattern is brillaint! Planning to buy the Samsung HDMI DVD for $250, I think its the price everywhere I shopped around. I was advised not to invest on any STBs untill I get one with a HDMI output. Will there be one soon? Hope so.