Panasonic Th-p65v10a 65" Plasma

Nice - you're lucky in that you got delivery so soon after ordering.

You should have a look at some of the Samsung threads for people who are hanging on for months still with no definite date.

Enjoy :)

There was also a marathon wait for this as well as many can attest, :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at demo plasma and want to check hours b4 purchase. somebody who owns pana plasma must know

Howdy com,

I don't know how to access the service menu but the store you are buying the demo model from should have no problems bringing up the hours for you, just ask them :)

Cheers,

Curious

I very much doubt any store would do that even if they knew how.

Edited by Owen
I very much doubt any store would do that even if they knew how.

Thanks to ralfi for the access code. The storeperson had no idea but was curious and also keen for a sale. It had 2334 hours so I passed on the deal.

Guest EZYHD
Thanks to ralfi for the access code. The storeperson had no idea but was curious and also keen for a sale. It had 2334 hours so I passed on the deal.

Well done with smart thinking, lucky they allowed you to do it.

Wow, got a nice surprise in the mail this week - a 5.1 Panasonic Blu-Ray disc theatre system including a BD copy of Avatar.

This is quite a package - Dolby True HD, DTS HD Master, Viera Link, Online streaming, wirless ready rear speakers, Wirless LAN ready, IPod and IPhone compatable, 24p, BD Live and more.

Not sure whether to keep this as a second system or sell it to further reduce the final purchase price of my 65" Plasma ^_^

Anyone know what one of these systems should fetch?

Cheers,

Curious

Wow, got a nice surprise in the mail this week - a 5.1 Panasonic Blu-Ray disc theatre system including a BD copy of Avatar.

This is quite a package - Dolby True HD, DTS HD Master, Viera Link, Online streaming, wirless ready rear speakers, Wirless LAN ready, IPod and IPhone compatable, 24p, BD Live and more.

Not sure whether to keep this as a second system or sell it to further reduce the final purchase price of my 65" Plasma ^_^

Anyone know what one of these systems should fetch?

Cheers,

Curious

personally no idea, but a google search of the model no. should give some clues.

Edited by bensl

Thanks guys, looks like there's a couple on e-bay now (model SC-BT230GN-K) so I'll see what their going for and work out if it's worth selling or not (I'm amazed at the list of features in these HTIB packages for well under a grand!)

Cheers,

Curious

• 3 months later...

Go into the menus and there should be something called "Shipping Condition" pg 32 of the manual

Menu->Setup->System Menu->Select Shipping Condition

Then the TV will be returned to factory settings with all settings wiped, and you go through the whole initial install as if it were new. It'll ask you the State you are in, Timezone etc, auto tune channels and to choose between Shop/Home modes

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, my first post here, there is a stack of useful information to get through.

I picked up my P65v10 from Joyce Mayne last weekend for $2,799,which I think is a pretty good deal. This is my first big TV, previous was 39" LG rear projection. Purchased a PS3 to go with it for the kids.

Very impressed so far. I was almost swayed by the big Samsungs, my other HDTV's in the house are all Samsung and they have been good to me.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Display model?

No. $2999 was for brand new TH-P65V10A. They had two in stock at the time.

And, 65 S10 reportedly purchased for $2500 from JB HiFi a few days ago (see Hdtv Prices thread)

Edited by hpotter
FYI. Spotted the Pana V10 65" for $2999 at Harvey Norman Chirnside Park this weekend only. Sure dropped a lot in price since I bought mine 9 months ago.

Yeah My 65" V10 cost me $4326 after I sold the Wii and grabbed the $100 Myer gift voucher, but hey 9 months of use has been noice.

Hi everyone, my first post here, there is a stack of useful information to get through.

I picked up my P65v10 from Joyce Mayne last weekend for $2,799,which I think is a pretty good deal. This is my first big TV, previous was 39" LG rear projection. Purchased a PS3 to go with it for the kids.

Very impressed so far. I was almost swayed by the big Samsungs, my other HDTV's in the house are all Samsung and they have been good to me.

Thanks

What a bl##dy bargain. My first 768p 50" Pana PV60 cost me $3800 and it didn't even have a digital tuner.

But that would have been about 4 1/2 yerars ago. The tech has certainly become cheaper. I still have my 50PX600 the one with a digital tuner, though I hardly ever use the tuner (the TV gets a good whacking everyday) as we got a twin tune PVR