Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

I dont see how the salesperson can not include the Wii as its a promotion from Panasonic, all you need is your reciept and seriel no and enter online before the 24th Dec. The other terms and conditions obviously if you bought by hire purchase I dont think you can claim, just visit http://www.panasonic.com.au/vierabonus

You can't claim it if you don'y have the serial. How do want to get the serial if it gets delivered mid-January? You have only wo weeks time after the 24th.

You can't claim it if you don'y have the serial. How do want to get the serial if it gets delivered mid-January? You have only wo weeks time after the 24th.

I would like to think that Panasonic will honour those who bought before the cut off of 24/12/8 , as you still have your receipts dated before then, and if you send them in via registered post today, then clearly you have made the purchase (haven't had the salesman do a dodgy pre-dated invoice).

This is all on the basis the Panasonic terms and conditions don't state that it must be delivered by today.

It'll be awfully bad PR for Panasonic if they do not honour the wii promotion if that's the reason that got people to buy their plasma now. I can see it now on the tabloid tv shows (ACA + TT) the bad PR that Panasonic will cop.

I thought I'd add my 2 cents worth...

As a typical male, Xmas shopping for my parents was left to the last minute.

Clive Peeters did $2500 on a 50 inch pz800 for me yesterday with an 4 yr extended warranty (total 5 yrs) getting delivered today. Delivery is an extra $45. I will also be getting the wii as I saw the actual box/plasma I'm getting and got them to cut out the serial number for me. Even though delivery is today, I wanted today up my sleeve in case there was a problem with the wii claim. I completed the claim form online without much problem and now have my tracking number. I already have a wii but it'll easily be sold on ebay for more than $300. So all in all, I reckon it's a pretty good deal.

I had already made a purchase the day before from HN after some negotiating and paying more than I had expected to after reading the forum (best price from DSE was $2900 and HN was $2800 for the same deal). After reading rav.dusty's post I rang CP who initially quoted $3300. I told them about rav.dusty's deal and the salesperson said he'd speak to his boss and call me back. He called back and I did the deal over the phone and cancelled HN's delivery and got a refund.

I do think that to claim the wii, you have a have the SN by today. When registering online, the trick with the SN is to leave a space between the 2 letters and the 7 numbers.

My impression is that the retailers who currently have stock (CP, HN and DSE) are keeping their prices high whilst the wii promo is on as they know there's extra value for the consumer in purchasing before Xmas. They might as well try to get an extra $300-$400 margin whilst they can. Obviously stores who were prepared to discount heavily like JB and Myer sold off all their stock soon halfway through the wii promo. It wouldn't surprise me if after Xmas you could get one with immediate availability from these stores for $300-$400 less than the quote now.

I hope this helps those in the market for a 50pz800.

Merry Xmas and good luck shopping!

That is a good price, and in thinking about it I would have probably taken that same offer if Clive Peters had offered it. The most disappointing thing about this is that I called Clive Peters in Ringwood (Vic) twice with a price of $2600 (incl warranty) to match/beat and they said they couldn't as that was below cost. After reading your post above we now know that is not the case.

I am forever sceptical of sales people and this whole process only emphasises that.

As a little exercise I called Clive Peters again and told them my "friend" got the $2500 deal and could I get the same. I wasn't really intent in buying, but if they offered me a fantastic deal I might have been tempted to cancel my Myer order. The guy I spoke with this time around was very good to be fair. He went to a lot of effort to check this for me and did say the person I spoke with the day before must have neglected to factor in the "package" deal that included warranty.

Anyway, the bottom line is that the $2600 they could match no problem. In order to get the $2500 deal he would have to see the receipt from the store than sold it to find out how they did it as they (CP Ringwood) couldn't do it for that price.

Lastly, the guy kindly checked stock and the last remaining 50PZ800 was currently being shipped from Ringwood to their distribution centre for delivery to another customer. He checked their system for the Moorabbin store and they only had display models left that he said they can't sell them.

I told him about the Myer offer ($2600 incl warranty and delivery, with $190 of Myer vouchers left over) and he said it was a pretty good deal, so that made me a bit happier.

Anyway Geeky Dude, well done on getting that deal. Hopefully some of you are getting similar, if not better deals.

Anyone purchasing from cp, their current catalog has listed a 50" full hd with 3 hdmi inputs, after an enquiry they informed that the advertised tele is the 50pz80a, however that's impossible because the 80 has only 2 hdmi,800 has three,the advertised tele has a bonus logitech remote, so a missprint? or....., never the less they might include the remote to astute buyers.

I would like to think that Panasonic will honour those who bought before the cut off of 24/12/8 , as you still have your receipts dated before then, and if you send them in via registered post today, then clearly you have made the purchase (haven't had the salesman do a dodgy pre-dated invoice).

This is all on the basis the Panasonic terms and conditions don't state that it must be delivered by today.

It'll be awfully bad PR for Panasonic if they do not honour the wii promotion if that's the reason that got people to buy their plasma now. I can see it now on the tabloid tv shows (ACA + TT) the bad PR that Panasonic will cop.

I was thinking of making a complaint to Myer and/or Panasonic about this as I think it is unfair. And I was tempted to call the ACA and Today Tonight shows to let them know this is happening.

Okay, I admit I'd probably cack out of calling a TV show and it might be a case of going overboard, but if enough of us on this forum complain then we might be heard?

Anyone interested in taking a lead on this??

Sorry Mincey, IMHO you have gone to far with your complaints. Everyone new that the stock was running low and those who left they purcheses and endless chase for the best deal to the last moment, can only blame themselves. Why buying now knowing that you can't get the TV? The only reason is the extra $300 off. Don't blame Panasonic, the rules of the promotion are very clear. Good luck and Merry Christmas to all contributing to this great forum.

Anyone purchasing from cp, their current catalog has listed a 50" full hd with 3 hdmi inputs, after an enquiry they informed that the advertised tele is the 50pz80a, however that's impossible because the 80 has only 2 hdmi,800 has three,the advertised tele has a bonus logitech remote, so a missprint? or....., never the less they might include the remote to astute buyers.

The 50px80a has three as well.

I never said it must be delivered today. I said you have two weeks from now to send them your serial. If your TV gets delivered in mid-January it's to late.

Terms & Conditions:

All redemption claims must be posted within 14 days of the date of the purchase receipt from the participating retailer. Dated post stamps will be checked. Claim forms must be received by last mail Friday 16 January 2009 otherwise they will be deemed to be invalid. Invalid claims will not be eligible to receive the gift specified in clause 11.

How will you claim the Wii when you don't have the serial number in time?

I never said it must be delivered today. I said you have two weeks from now to send them your serial. If your TV gets delivered in mid-January it's to late.

Terms & Conditions:

All redemption claims must be posted within 14 days of the date of the purchase receipt from the participating retailer. Dated post stamps will be checked. Claim forms must be received by last mail Friday 16 January 2009 otherwise they will be deemed to be invalid. Invalid claims will not be eligible to receive the gift specified in clause 11.

How will you claim the Wii when you don't have the serial number in time?

Okay, my mistake on the 'delivered today'.

I wonder if you sent in the claim form via registered mail today, with the receipt but less the serial number with the notation "awaiting delivery from Myer/JB/whoever", if that would be sufficient or not ?

I'm sure there will be a few caught out with them buying today expecting to get the free wii as they had made the purchase within the set timeframe. I can pretty much guarantee if they don't honour these people who bought in good faith, they'll be doing a lot of airtime on ACA/TT for 'ripping people off'. :)

Sorry Mincey, IMHO you have gone to far with your complaints. Everyone new that the stock was running low and those who left they purcheses and endless chase for the best deal to the last moment, can only blame themselves. Why buying now knowing that you can't get the TV? The only reason is the extra $300 off. Don't blame Panasonic, the rules of the promotion are very clear. Good luck and Merry Christmas to all contributing to this great forum.

I should have pointed out that my issue was with Panasonic making available their stock to Myer customers on January 17th, 1 day after the Wii offer closes. Coincidence or not? I suspect not, but that is merely my opinion .

Anyway, it's a fair cop...... You're right I wanted the best deal and wasn't too fussed about a Wii or delivery, but who would refuse a free games console if someone offered it?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

I should have pointed out that my issue was with Panasonic making available their stock to Myer customers on January 17th, 1 day after the Wii offer closes. Coincidence or not? I suspect not, but that is merely my opinion .

Anyway, it's a fair cop...... You're right I wanted the best deal and wasn't too fussed about a Wii or delivery, but who would refuse a free games console if someone offered it?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

Sure but if you don't get the Wii anyway it makes no difference if you buy a Panasonic before or after Boxing Day. At the moment you still get 10% off through the gift card deal and after Boxing Day you get 15% off anyway at Myer.

Edited by ageha

I was thinking of making a complaint to Myer and/or Panasonic about this as I think it is unfair. And I was tempted to call the ACA and Today Tonight shows to let them know this is happening.

Okay, I admit I'd probably cack out of calling a TV show and it might be a case of going overboard, but if enough of us on this forum complain then we might be heard?

Anyone interested in taking a lead on this??

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Nothing to do with Myer, it's Panasonic's lack of stock. I was ready to buy the 50" 850A during week 1 of the promo but there was no stock around. I have filed a complaint to ACCC. They got back to me and thanked me for the feedback, and advised they use this info to monitor behaviour, and if there is recurring behaviour, action can be taken. Wont help me get my Wii, but hopefully keeps Panasonic honest!

This is the only TV I am interested so will make do without the Wii and get it in Jan.

Is $2700 a good/bad/average price for the 50" 850A?

I am amazed at some of the prices people are getting for 50pz800a. I went to JB, Goodguys and Clive Anthony here in the A.C.T and the best they could do was $2600 pre warrenty. If I wanted an extra 4 years it would have taken the price upto $3000. I didn't try Myer as they were out of stock of 800a's

Suspect9

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Nothing to do with Myer, it's Panasonic's lack of stock. I was ready to buy the 50" 850A during week 1 of the promo but there was no stock around. I have filed a complaint to ACCC. They got back to me and thanked me for the feedback, and advised they use this info to monitor behaviour, and if there is recurring behaviour, action can be taken. Wont help me get my Wii, but hopefully keeps Panasonic honest!

This is the only TV I am interested so will make do without the Wii and get it in Jan.

Is $2700 a good/bad/average price for the 50" 850A?

I think it's a very good price at the moment.

Edited by ageha

Guest Garry's Brain
When I tried to claim my Wii online it tells me my serial# has already been received, anyone else experienced the same problem? How did you get it sorted? I'll ring Panasonic anyway. Cheers.

Well we received a follow up letter from Panasonic regarding our claim and apparently there is a duplicate claim by another party and the letter asked us to provide photographic proof of the tv serial # and the actual tv in our loungeroom.

There seems to be a few of these duplicate claims going around at the moment.

$2700 for 850A is a good price. I paid $2840 in early November, 2 weeks before the Wii promotion started. At that time very few were left in Perth and no one was prepared to bargain. I bought the last one from the specialty Hi-Fi store, plus the Blu Ray player ( Pana BD35) for $375. The manager lent me his delivery van and in 20 minutes my new TV was at home. I have decided to support smaller operator, instead of chasing the lowest prices with box movers. He always gives me good discount on HT gear and ongoing technical support and advise, that you will never get from the big volume sellers.

Edited by gregus

Guest Driver.ocau

I too had been shopping for a 50" PZ800A. I gave up in the end. Not many stores had stock of them, or if they did, they weren't going to give it away. This made playing 2 stores off for the best price quite diffcuilt.

The 2 Myers i went to here were far from impressive. Myer Chermside wasn't willing to bargin hard - with the gift card discount it still would've been 'average' pricing. Myer Northlakes wouldn't even budge from the $3300 sticker price.

I guess we'll see what deals happen in the new year. Doesn't have to be a Panasonic :)

Went hunting yesterday 24/12 in Adelaide for TH-50PZ800A with 5yrs warranty + delivery.

Start Rant >

Went to 1st HN who say 2700 for panel, 2900 for 5yrs + delivery. They have stock.

Next was 1st Myer (have no stock) who tell me Wii promotion is over. I pointed to the sign which says "... must be purchased between 30 Nov to 24 Dec ... claim by 16 Jan" Sales guy is like uuhh?

Next is DJ's who have no stock, so no price discussed.

Then off to 1st Radio Rentals who have stock but tell me best price is 2780 for tv only.

Back to 1st HN to see if they can do $2600 with 5yrs warranty + delivery. Flatly told no fu*&*n way. Under cost blah blah blah.

Then, Ring JB - All JB's in SA have no stock, so no price discussed.

Went to 2nd HN where my mate used to work so I thought I could be able to sort something out through his contacts - boy was I wrong. I say 4-5 wks ago I was offered 2500 for tv only (which I was at another HN when they were doing the $150 gift card promotion) - Sales guy basically calls me a liar, says HN would NEVER sell for that price and in fact shows me his screen which lists cost price as 2720 incl. GST. But ... this screen obviously doesn't list rebates HN gets from Panasonic or Nintendo etc ... No sale. Best price is $2900 for 5yrs + delivery.

Next off to 2nd Radio Rentals - I say I will buy for 2700 for 5yrs + delivery. Sales guy says $3000 best offer.

Off to 2nd Myer to see what $ they can do - forget the wii - doors close before I could get through the door - really sums up the day.

So .... if anyone has got a good deal on this tv in Adelaide or has a contact I would really appreciate some details to save going through this fiasco again without success.

< End Rant

Merry Christmas :D

Edited by xclusive_gamer

Went hunting yesterday 24/12 in Adelaide for TH-50PZ800A with 5yrs warranty + delivery.

So .... if anyone has got a good deal on this tv in Adelaide or has a contact I would really appreciate some details to save going through this fiasco again without success.

< End Rant

Merry Christmas :D

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem. Best advice is PM "Muzzman" (see a few threads back) and he will help you. Unfortunately I had a financial hiccup and had to put the plasma on hold. I am sure he will help you.

It will be interesting to see what the post Christmas sales will be like as nobody in Adelaide would move away from the retail price.

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem. Best advice is PM "Muzzman" (see a few threads back) and he will help you. Unfortunately I had a financial hiccup and had to put the plasma on hold. I am sure he will help you.

It will be interesting to see what the post Christmas sales will be like as nobody in Adelaide would move away from the retail price.

Thanks for the advice mate.

I am now tossing up between TH-50PZ800A and TH-50PX80A for my bro.

Anyone had any direct comparison between the two?

He is unlikely to ever get a blu ray player. He has foxtel digital (not IQ or HD+), xbox 360 and VHS player (yeah I know...).

Anyway, trying to assess which 50" will be the right fit for him - If it were me 800A for sure but I now think the 80A may suffice for his needs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the advice mate.

I am now tossing up between TH-50PZ800A and TH-50PX80A for my bro.

Anyone had any direct comparison between the two?

He is unlikely to ever get a blu ray player. He has foxtel digital (not IQ or HD+), xbox 360 and VHS player (yeah I know...).

Anyway, trying to assess which 50" will be the right fit for him - If it were me 800A for sure but I now think the 80A may suffice for his needs.

Any thoughts?

TH-50PZ800A - Full HD

TH-50PX80A - Just HD (1366 x 768 pixels)

There is a model in between.... TH-50PZ80A - Full HD, but a bit cheaper version compared to TH-50PZ800A.