Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Well l rang grant @ HN sunshine and he denied that low price and was'nt very happy at all ,refusing to sell one for less than $2600............l ended up buying one with 5yr warranty for $2700 up here in ballarat @retravision

ken

For the 50PZ800 or 50PZ850?

Edited by ageha

The 50pz800.......only mob up here that could do the price and had 'em in stock to boot........myer would match the price , but no stock , same good guys.

HN offered me today the 47PZ800 for 2000 without any addional warranty. They had every model in stock.

HN offered me today the 47PZ800 for 2000 without any addional warranty. They had every model in stock.

yeah l didnt bother with harveys ( dont like their attitude atm ).........jb wouldnt go low on the price either, guess its a bad time to buy in one sense because of the rudd money getting around, l just couldnt be bothered waiting another few months to see what was going to happen....been putting off buying for years now so now was as good a time as any

yeah l didnt bother with harveys ( dont like their attitude atm ).........jb wouldnt go low on the price either, guess its a bad time to buy in one sense because of the rudd money getting around, l just couldnt be bothered waiting another few months to see what was going to happen....been putting off buying for years now so now was as good a time as any

Yeah, the 2nd guy we talked with was so unfriendly we decided not to buy there.

When I tried to claim my Wii online it tells me my serial# has already been received, anyone else experienced the same problem? How did you get it sorted? I'll ring Panasonic anyway. Cheers.

Another guy had the same problem here. Give them a call but I think it should work when you caim it by mail.

Another guy had the same problem here. Give them a call but I think it should work when you caim it by mail.

This has happened to many people nationally.

Official advice from Panasonic is:

Send in a manual registration with your receipt.

Take a photo of the back of the panel in your home to show that the registration is legitimate, and attach with the receipted claim.

Guest Garry's Brain
When I tried to claim my Wii online it tells me my serial# has already been received, anyone else experienced the same problem? How did you get it sorted? I'll ring Panasonic anyway. Cheers.

We had the same problem and all we did was put a space between the first two letters and the numbers of the serial number and it worked fine.

My colleague just bought the Panasonic 50PZ800A from Harvey Norman, Sunshine, VIC for $2180.00 with the Wii, in stock, get it quick if interested.

My apologies guys, my colleague did really give me the wrong model#, he got the 50PZ80A not 800, ignore that post please.

Clive Peters (I visited the Richmond store) now has the 50PX80A for $1499 ticketed. As I understand it this is the Boxing Day sale price, started early as their pre Christmas sales have been right down.

I reckon this is a super price for a super telly.

Firstly, happy christmas to all. This is a great forum kept alive by positive and energetic contributors.

I too today purchased the Pan 50z800a from Myer incl 4 years ext warranty and del for $2600, but had two interesting experiences.

I first tried to do this in the city store, and was kept waiting for 20 minutes as the salesman buggered around, before finally telling me best that could be done is $2850.

I later tried Chatswood. They could not have been more helpful (see Anthony 94120111) and did the deal before I could blink. I knew what I wanted and the price, and neither of us wasted each other's time. Great work, Anthony and team.

I also tried Clive Peeters where in the past I have found them competitive, but they could not touch this price.

I just wanted to take some time to share (for those interested) the information I gathered in the process of buying a Panasonic TH-50PZ800A. This forum has been of a massive assistance to me, so hopefully this helps some of you brave last minute shoppers out there in Melbourne heading for the shops on Christmas Eve.

Initially I was looking at either the TH-50PZ800A or TH-46PZ800A, so I collected information on both models right up until the time of purchase. I wasn't too interested in the Wii, and I wasn't too fussed about collecting the unit before Christmas. Also, for peace of mind I wanted the extra 4yrs Warranty

Following on from Bati's post at the bottom of Page 400, the best two prices I found for the TH-50PZ800A were those from Dick Smiths (Nunawading and Southland) and Myer (Southland). The prices were for "TV + Delivery + 4 extra years warranty"

- Myer (Southland): $2600 - reduced to $2310 using the Gift Cards scheme, but excludes the Wii.

- Dick Smiths (Nunawading or Southland): $2700 (includes Wii and 5yr warranty but I think it excluded $60 delivery charge)

Other shops we spoke with were Clive Peters, Harvey Norman etc and no one came close to Myer and DSE. We chose to go with Myer.

Myer had the benefit of using the Gift Card offer (buy $500 gift card and get another $50 card). So by buying $2500 of gift cards gave us $150 left over in the $2600 purchase. We also gained an extra $40 gift card by using our Myer One card. We are regular Myer shoppers, so this suits us as we know we will spend the $190 of gift cards. This might not suit everyone though.

Therefore, the total effective cost of buying the TH-50PZ800A with 5 year warranty and delivered was $2310

i.e. $2500 (buy cards) - $150 (extra left on gift card) - $40 (Myer One)

Some more points to note:

- All DSE stores I spoke with had both 46 and 50 inch models in stock.

- Delivery of the 50 inch model from Myer is expected mid-January

- Apparently, delivery of the 46 inch model from Myer has blown out to mid-February (I was given Feb 14th, but maybe someone can confirm).

- No other Myer store will touch the deal you can get at Southland. I tried a few more 'local' stores and they all said they couldn't match it.

- With regards to the 46 inch model (TH-46PZ800A) Myer Southland was again the best at $2275 including 5yr warranty and delivery. This was followed by DSE in Nunawading at $2450 (excluding delivery).

- I also heard that Panasales were doing reasonably competative pricing and had stock, but I don't have details on delivery or warranty. They won't give "best" prices over the telephone so check out their website for list prices. You have to go into the store to get any price matching.

Lastly, thanks to Muzzman for his 'contact' details. It was due to him I found the best deal for me.

Hope this is has been of help to someone out there.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Because they cannot deliver in time? [Mid-Jauary]

I dont see how the salesperson can not include the Wii as its a promotion from Panasonic, all you need is your reciept and seriel no and enter online before the 24th Dec. The other terms and conditions obviously if you bought by hire purchase I dont think you can claim, just visit http://www.panasonic.com.au/vierabonus

I just wanted to take some time to share (for those interested) the information I gathered in the process of buying a Panasonic TH-50PZ800A. This forum has been of a massive assistance to me, so hopefully this helps some of you brave last minute shoppers out there in Melbourne heading for the shops on Christmas Eve.

Initially I was looking at either the TH-50PZ800A or TH-46PZ800A, so I collected information on both models right up until the time of purchase. I wasn't too interested in the Wii, and I wasn't too fussed about collecting the unit before Christmas. Also, for peace of mind I wanted the extra 4yrs Warranty

Following on from Bati's post at the bottom of Page 400, the best two prices I found for the TH-50PZ800A were those from Dick Smiths (Nunawading and Southland) and Myer (Southland). The prices were for "TV + Delivery + 4 extra years warranty"

- Myer (Southland): $2600 - reduced to $2310 using the Gift Cards scheme, but excludes the Wii.

- Dick Smiths (Nunawading or Southland): $2700 (includes Wii and 5yr warranty but I think it excluded $60 delivery charge)

Other shops we spoke with were Clive Peters, Harvey Norman etc and no one came close to Myer and DSE. We chose to go with Myer.

Myer had the benefit of using the Gift Card offer (buy $500 gift card and get another $50 card). So by buying $2500 of gift cards gave us $150 left over in the $2600 purchase. We also gained an extra $40 gift card by using our Myer One card. We are regular Myer shoppers, so this suits us as we know we will spend the $190 of gift cards. This might not suit everyone though.

Therefore, the total effective cost of buying the TH-50PZ800A with 5 year warranty and delivered was $2310

i.e. $2500 (buy cards) - $150 (extra left on gift card) - $40 (Myer One)

Some more points to note:

- All DSE stores I spoke with had both 46 and 50 inch models in stock.

- Delivery of the 50 inch model from Myer is expected mid-January

- Apparently, delivery of the 46 inch model from Myer has blown out to mid-February (I was given Feb 14th, but maybe someone can confirm).

- No other Myer store will touch the deal you can get at Southland. I tried a few more 'local' stores and they all said they couldn't match it.

- With regards to the 46 inch model (TH-46PZ800A) Myer Southland was again the best at $2275 including 5yr warranty and delivery. This was followed by DSE in Nunawading at $2450 (excluding delivery).

- I also heard that Panasales were doing reasonably competative pricing and had stock, but I don't have details on delivery or warranty. They won't give "best" prices over the telephone so check out their website for list prices. You have to go into the store to get any price matching.

Lastly, thanks to Muzzman for his 'contact' details. It was due to him I found the best deal for me.

Hope this is has been of help to someone out there.

Merry Christmas to you all!

I thought I'd add my 2 cents worth...

As a typical male, Xmas shopping for my parents was left to the last minute.

Clive Peeters did $2500 on a 50 inch pz800 for me yesterday with an 4 yr extended warranty (total 5 yrs) getting delivered today. Delivery is an extra $45. I will also be getting the wii as I saw the actual box/plasma I'm getting and got them to cut out the serial number for me. Even though delivery is today, I wanted today up my sleeve in case there was a problem with the wii claim. I completed the claim form online without much problem and now have my tracking number. I already have a wii but it'll easily be sold on ebay for more than $300. So all in all, I reckon it's a pretty good deal.

I had already made a purchase the day before from HN after some negotiating and paying more than I had expected to after reading the forum (best price from DSE was $2900 and HN was $2800 for the same deal). After reading rav.dusty's post I rang CP who initially quoted $3300. I told them about rav.dusty's deal and the salesperson said he'd speak to his boss and call me back. He called back and I did the deal over the phone and cancelled HN's delivery and got a refund.

I do think that to claim the wii, you have a have the SN by today. When registering online, the trick with the SN is to leave a space between the 2 letters and the 7 numbers.

My impression is that the retailers who currently have stock (CP, HN and DSE) are keeping their prices high whilst the wii promo is on as they know there's extra value for the consumer in purchasing before Xmas. They might as well try to get an extra $300-$400 margin whilst they can. Obviously stores who were prepared to discount heavily like JB and Myer sold off all their stock soon halfway through the wii promo. It wouldn't surprise me if after Xmas you could get one with immediate availability from these stores for $300-$400 less than the quote now.

I hope this helps those in the market for a 50pz800.

Merry Xmas and good luck shopping!