Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Guest Statts1503562272

Picked up a Panasonic TH-42PZ800A from Harvey Norman Woodville (SA) today for $2090. $200 extra got me an additional 4 years warranty.

Looked at a few other places beforehand and looks like I was lucky to find stock anywhere! ^_^

Bad attitude dude!

Shops closing means there's less competition and that's not good for anybody...retailers, sales jobs and buyers have less choice.

yeah could be bad atitude, but really, some places you go and the guys are great, other places you go, the guys are crap.

it almost becomes a personal insult when you ask for a discount and it shouldn't be that way. come on buddy, you are there to sell on behalf of that company, it's not your personal panel you are selling on ebay. don't be insulted when someone tries a haggle or bargain. in some places it's offensive not too :P

like you would think, if they know the profit is lower on the item, and thinking about customer service and good buying experience for the customer, maybe they try to use some magic sales pitch and get you to buy the extra warranty, which they make a good return on. then that way the customer is happy, the unit was cheap and they have peace of mind with the warranty. and the sales man is rated as a good person and then becomes more valuable to the business.

no offense to all the good sales guys out there, i've dealt with many good ones in my time, but i think it's always the bad ones that really stick when talking about bargaining a good price!

The Myer Gift card deal is definitely still on, picked up $2500 worth of cards today, got my $250 bonus, and used them...on a LG 50PG70FD. Sacrilege I know on a Panasonic thread, but it is generally well reviewed, including a recommendation by Choice magazine. $2300 with 5 yr extended warranty after counting the $250 bonus, and free 26" HD LCD by redemption as well. Too good to say no to. Was also considering the Pana and Samsung 6-series LCD but figured the extra LCD screen for the bedroom would be more benefit than a free Wii or Bluray player.

Edited by ZoomJC

so how does this myer bonus work? you go into store. check out tv you want. then go buy a certain amount of myer vouchers and get extra vouchers that you can then use on that discounted price you got?

Yep, sounds like you buy 4 or 5 $500 vouchers and get $200 or $250 worth of extra vouchers. So if your receipt says $2600, you have $150 of extra vouchers to spend if you bought 5 or pay with $2200 worth of vouchers (4) and $400 cash (total $2400 cash paid). Option 2 costs you a bit more but you dont have to possibly spend the extra $150 on something you dont really need or want.

Might be able to point you in the right direction and close to your mark. Send me a PM.

Thanks Spero, I have sent you a PM.

To elaborate, I am not at all angry with the guys working in the stores, just a bit upset. I certainly wouldn't want to see any of them loose their jobs! The young guy, Ben, who I try and deal with at GG's is very polite and his parting words were "Sorry, I did try for you". Which was true. It is just a simple matter of "supply and demand". If a store can sell a product at near full retail they are not going to sell at just above cost to me, if I were in buisiness I would do exactly the same.

Keep the info coming guys!

Yep, sounds like you buy 4 or 5 $500 vouchers and get $200 or $250 worth of extra vouchers. So if your receipt says $2600, you have $150 of extra vouchers to spend if you bought 5 or pay with $2200 worth of vouchers (4) and $400 cash (total $2400 cash paid). Option 2 costs you a bit more but you dont have to possibly spend the extra $150 on something you dont really need or want.

Yep and the gift card credit is good for 2 years, but I fully anticipate spending what I have left in the new year sales. :lol:

What’s the best price in Adelaide for a 50” 800A ?

Gotta find one first...

If I were to get one, I would go to Myer Rundle mall - not Marion as previous posters have said they are unwilling to deal. Try to negotiate for $2800 with the 5yr warranty. Then go get the giftcards, for the bonus dollars, either $2500 for $250 bonus (which means effectively you pay $2550 including warranty - great price if you can do it), or $3000 for $300 bonus to spend later.

I did get my 50PZ850A for $2460 a few weeks back but it looks like the 850A models are out of stock in Australia now. Looks like everyone is flogging off the 800A models for sub $2400 easily. I'm waiting till someone can break the $2300 barrier and get closer to $2200 + wii.

Looks like there is gonna be a lot of 50" 800A panasonics in people's houses this christmas lol

Is there any possibility that you could post the receipt somewhere? Or could anyone point me in the right direction for a copy of a receipt for a 50PZ850A for around this price. Would be much appreciated.

I got a price for TH-46PZ800A with 3 years warranty (2 years extra on top of 1 from manufacturer) + free delivery. The price is $2149 from Myer. I used "$500 gift card" deal. So I paid $2000. And I still have $51 left on my last gift card.

So you can say I paid $1949 for this.

I hope I will be able to sell Wii (I have already got one before so I don't need this one) to get the final cost about $1650. And it's a good deal from my point of view.

hey mate, do you reckon you can post up a receipt for this, or anyone else that has gotten the 46 800a and a good price.... i want to buy TODAY but the sales people i have been dealing with all think these kind of prices are impossible

thanks

Friend purchased a Panasonic 50 inch PZ-80A for $2520 including delivery and 4 year extended warranty tonight from Harvey Norman. Stock was hard to come by and the store knew it so did not want to budge much on the price. Apparently you need to have the TV so you can use the serial code to take advantage of the free Wii? So he was lucky to be able to find stock and do a deal that suited him.

lol $10k for a TV ahahah are you kidding? for that kind of money you could buy a projector, screen, block out curtaining, a reasonable sound system and a console for some gaming fun when not watching TV or movies. that would all get you atleast a 92" if your so inclined or up to 120"

lol $10k for a TV ahahah are you kidding? for that kind of money you could buy a projector, screen, block out curtaining, a reasonable sound system and a console for some gaming fun when not watching TV or movies. that would all get you atleast a 92" if your so inclined or up to 120"

Just sold my projector setup and speakers and reciever with my house(wanted an excuse to get some new speakers anyway).. and won't have a dedicated room in my new house.

so to me i need something to compensate from the 110" screen i had. But just looking at options atm. and like the new viera's

hey mate, do you reckon you can post up a receipt for this, or anyone else that has gotten the 46 800a and a good price.... i want to buy TODAY but the sales people i have been dealing with all think these kind of prices are impossible

thanks

I don't have a scanner at the moment.... :(

It seems to me JB HiFi was the best when I was trying to negotiate the price. So I was running between DSE, Bing Lee and JB HiFi. The best price was finally from JB HiFi. And then I went to Myer to match the price finally.

Friend purchased a Panasonic 50 inch PZ-80A for $2520 including delivery and 4 year extended warranty tonight from Harvey Norman. Stock was hard to come by and the store knew it so did not want to budge much on the price. Apparently you need to have the TV so you can use the serial code to take advantage of the free Wii? So he was lucky to be able to find stock and do a deal that suited him.

ive got the same deal at 2325 for 50pz80a +5yr warranty. plenty of stock for vic tas and adel.

I don't have a scanner at the moment.... :(

It seems to me JB HiFi was the best when I was trying to negotiate the price. So I was running between DSE, Bing Lee and JB HiFi. The best price was finally from JB HiFi. And then I went to Myer to match the price finally.

hey mate, that was me replying on my friends computer as "duckie"

About that receipt, would i be pushing it if i asked you to fax it to me? (lol worth a shot)

thats an awesome price i need to get that receipt, i want to buy tonight!!!!

i went to JB, wow, myer, clive anthony's and harveys last night... JB would only budge 50 bux on the 46800a because they were selling to fast and he SAID they sold twenty last weekend, although he did say if i can get a receipt we can talk

Edited by brake