Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

I got a 42" 8A today from Powerhouse in Preston (Vic) for $1395.95 incl an extra 2 yr warranty. Not bad considering NONE of the 8 or so other shops I've been to in 2 days have any in stock!

I've quote by Myer in Perth inc 1 year extra care warranty total 2 years for $1250.

just picked up TH-50PZ800A for $2500 inc delivery at Rick Hart in Belmont (Perth)

i did buy the extended warranty for 4 years for $429 but that's another story...total warranty 5 yrs.

delivered to my door within 4 hours...certainly can't complain about that.

go to RH and ask for Kyle (store manger)...tell him Adam sent you. i've known him for a LONG time...

he won't pressure you into the extended warranty....he didn't pressure me, just explained how their warranty worked and sounded like a good thing to me....

also won a lumix camera....was hoping for blu ray player but you can't have everything can you..:)

Edited by drfunk

at 2m with standard def.. it would be horrible!!

Not only would your eyes constantly be scanning all over the screen to capture all the imagery, but you would be able to easily see the blockiness of the picture.

I got the guys in the DSE store to turn the olympics onto the SD channel 7 (not ch.7 HD), and then some other SD digital channels, and at 3m it looked good. Any closer and you started noticing.

I bought the 50PX80A and sit no further than 2.2m and I am so Glad I did!! the 42" would have been too small IMO.... By the way, bought this Plasma at HN for $1400 plus $139 for extended 5yr warranty... which was another reason why I went the 50" as the 42" was only a couple of Hundred cheaper...

i went with a couple of mates yesterday to buy 2 plasmas form myer

42-8a model for $1099

46-800a model for $2100

both cash prices

Hi Brenton

Great prices. Any chance of posting a receipt?

Went to Myer at knox today at the best they could do for cash was the 42-8a was $1300 and the 46-800a $2500. Might take a drive down to Frankston. Any one else in Melbourne having any luck with prices? Good guys wouldn't do much better... :(

Miro... all the information you need is on the invoice below:

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p...ainvoicetx6.jpg

Took this receipt down to North Parra today and within about 2 seconds they were not having a barr of it. Basically told me that there was no way thay could repeat the offer and it was a one time thing. I also showed Myer receipt for same price but still weren't interested. Did the same thing with Parra Myer, Parra DJ, Auburn Good Guys, Auburn Clive Peters and were uniformly told no and that the price is way below cost (which they all said was about $1900) Basically all of them weren't interested in even negotiating and the lowest offer i recieved was $1900. Any idea guys... It seems that no one wants to sell at this price. I am not sure but i thought someone said something about DSE having a policy to price match othe DSE receipts. Anyone know the details. Any haggling hints would also be appreciated as this is my first big purchase.

Whats everyones thoughts on this 50" monster at viewing distance of 2m for standard def tv??

Personally, that would be too big for that distance (I have a 42" at that distance and it's a good set up), but have a friend who's happy with that kind of set up. I suspect it would have something to do with your eyesight as well...

Myer in Sydney is doing 10% off marked price for all LCD/Plasma TVs this weekend I think (saw it at Bondi Jct). So you could pick up a 42PX8A for $1170 I think without haggling. Good for those who don't want to bother with bargaining.

I will post my receipt for $1531 from DSE on Monday when I get to a scanner. I went in said I don't want anything other than the TV and this is what I will pay, then showed DSE the first DSE receipt and three Myer receipts.

BTW I reckon DSE could easily without effort sell you one for

$2030 -curent sale price

less

$100 cost of interest free which is on offer at present

$200 cost of TomTom

$30 cost of surge protector (ok thats probably $5)

$1700

Also Bing Lee have the 50 inch for $1899 at the moment.

BTW I reckon DSE could easily without effort sell you one for

$2030 -curent sale price

less

$100 cost of interest free which is on offer at present

$200 cost of TomTom

$30 cost of surge protector (ok thats probably $5)

$1700

I tried that argument ($2087 - $526 = $1561) and they couldn't do it :(

I think the store staff wanted to but the manager on the phone said no.

i was trying to figure that out today.

in myer they had the LG 60" 60PG70 for $4999

the 50" LGPG70, top 1080p 50" from them, and it was $3299

the 50" PZ800 Pana was also $3299

that led me to believe the new 58" from panasonic should realistically be $4999 haha, if they are going with the prices I saw at myer.

But in saying that, the 700 series 58" at myer was $6999 i think, so who knows.

I'm quite keen to get a 58-60" now, as that size would suit me more than a 50"

I too am in the market for a 58 inch Panasonic Plasma. The best price I have so far is $5600. It seems to me the latest round of Panasonic plasmas (50 inch) have a lower official RRP than the previous model. I am hoping this will be true for the 58 inch and Panasonic won't view it as their premium version and keep the price artificially high the way they have on their blue ray recording PVR. Anyway, I have deiced to wait till official pricing has been announced. If the new model is released at a lower more competitive price I will get the new one, if not I will try to pick up old stock on the old model, hopefully even less than $5600.

Hi Brenton

Great prices. Any chance of posting a receipt?

Went to Myer at knox today at the best they could do for cash was the 42-8a was $1300 and the 46-800a $2500. Might take a drive down to Frankston. Any one else in Melbourne having any luck with prices? Good guys wouldn't do much better... :(

you should be able to do better than that, i picked up the 46-800a for $2275. i will send you a copy of my receipt.what is your email address.

cheers

hi guys... i actually just went back into DSE powerhouse yesterday to upsell myself...

... walked away with the TomTom + surge powerboard + 4 years extra warranty.

TOTAL PRICE = $2180.00

.. which is $1800 for the TV + GPS + surge powerboard package, plus $380 for the extra 4 yrs warranty.

It worked well for me, because as it turns out the missus wanted a GPS anyyway, and i wanted the extra warranty.

i was trying to figure that out today.

in myer they had the LG 60" 60PG70 for $4999

the 50" LGPG70, top 1080p 50" from them, and it was $3299

the 50" PZ800 Pana was also $3299

that led me to believe the new 58" from panasonic should realistically be $4999 haha, if they are going with the prices I saw at myer.

But in saying that, the 700 series 58" at myer was $6999 i think, so who knows.

I'm quite keen to get a 58-60" now, as that size would suit me more than a 50"

Haha I like your thinking. $4999 would be awesome minus maybe a $200-300 discount as the saleman was in a good mood and we are all in business lol.

Even that $5600 price isn't all that bad. Remember when they first came out at like $9000? Ouch!!