Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

my local rag (newspaper) had the 42PX8A advertised for $1200, less for cash.

This was Bing Lee Castle Hill (sydney).

Thanks for the links to receipts guys... i'll be using the two $1531 receipts for 50PX80A as bargaining leverage when i go out shopping today at Dick Smith and Myers. I would really like to get the deal with the TomTom GPS at DSE, but somehow i doubt they will drop from their advertised price of $2100.

If no one will give me the $1500 price on the 50px80a, then i'll have to go for the 42px8a or 42px80a.

BTW - there have been two reports now of being able to get the 42PX8A for $1099 at Myers, but has anyone posted up a copy of the invoice?

Do let us know how you go at DSE. Both the ads in-store and the salespeople stated that the GPS is only given with purchases at the ticketed price. would be interested to see if they would go a lot lower if you don't get the GPS.

i doubt that DSE will - you are dealing with the mighty Woolworths remember!!

I'll give it a shot though, im heading down to Nth Parramatta powerhouse at lunchtime.

I like my chances at Myers better than DSE - i rekon the price i save at myers will get me a better GPS and then some :)

Edited by The Witzl

I want to buy the TH-50PZ800A in the next few days...

what's the best price anyone has got in Perth?

cheers...

I would go into Dick Smith Powerhouse and ask them what price they will give you 'without the free GPS and surge protector'. The young lad in there told me they would almost certainly drop the price (from $2998 ticket price). And with 4 years interest free.......

Edited by flashman1207

I would go into Dick Smith Powerhouse and ask them what price they will give you 'without the free GPS and surge protector'. The young lad in there told me they would almost certainly drop the price (from $2998 ticket price). And with 4 years interest free.......

dick smith powerhouse? where's that?

not worried about 4 years interest free either....i got enough gear on the interest free lark :wacko:

well i am shocked!

Dick Smith Powerhouse in North Parramatta matched the price of $1531 for the 50PX80A (but without the GPS and surge protector), when i presented the invoice for $1531 posted above.

With the GPS and surge protector, they could do it for around $1800.

I havent bought it yet - cos i need approval from the financial controller (girlfriend).

Once i have delivery and the invoice, i'll post it up :)

well i am shocked!

Dick Smith Powerhouse in North Parramatta matched the price of $1531 for the 50PX80A (but without the GPS and surge protector), when i presented the invoice for $1531 posted above.

I havent bought it yet - cos i need approval from the financial controller (girlfriend).

Please do post the invoice as im looking to get this same telly.

Whats everyones thoughts on this 50" monster at viewing distance of 2m for standard def tv??

at 2m with standard def.. it would be horrible!!

Not only would your eyes constantly be scanning all over the screen to capture all the imagery, but you would be able to easily see the blockiness of the picture.

I got the guys in the DSE store to turn the olympics onto the SD channel 7 (not ch.7 HD), and then some other SD digital channels, and at 3m it looked good. Any closer and you started noticing.

Im so pumped - cant wait to hook it all up tonight!

any chance of getting near east coast prices over here?????

i've got a mate...i'll let you know what price i get out of him...he's a manager @ rick hart.

if it's any good i'll post up the price and contact details.

well i am shocked!

Witzl

Got a contact name at Dick Smith so I can cut the sales crap (I already have the invoices).

Thanks

I'd be interested in that..... as I'm chasing the 50"PZ800a myself

perhaps we can get together and tell him we'll buy two and watch his head spin :lol:

i might pop in there tomorrow and see what the go is...if you're in the market soon i'll tell him i want 2 @ the "special" price....post up and let me know...

if the price is good enough i might commit before the weekend...

well i am shocked!

I've bought plenty of stuff from DSE before including Nth Parra powerehouse. They have always been close with prices when I have asked/bought.

perhaps we can get together and tell him we'll buy two and watch his head spin :lol:

i might pop in there tomorrow and see what the go is...if you're in the market soon i'll tell him i want 2 @ the "special" price....post up and let me know...

if the price is good enough i might commit before the weekend...

That might be a bit soon for me... I'm currently waiting for an air-con guy to come round and tell me what size split system I need and then I was also going to use this as a bargaining chip. But, if the price is REALLY good then I may consider it. Interestingly enough I also have a contact at Rick Hart so it will be good to see what the best price is we can get....... I got one for a mate a few weeks ago at $2700 delivered (no extra warranty) but it appears the price may be dropping. Someone posted after you $2498 or something from Good Guys (dunno what state though). I must say I'm interested to see what DSE Powerhouse can do in Ozzie Park. $2998 with the free GPS and Surge protector and 4 years interest free..... take off the freebies and the price would have to be under $2700. The interest free credit has to be worth a bit !!!!

That might be a bit soon for me... I'm currently waiting for an air-con guy to come round and tell me what size split system I need and then I was also going to use this as a bargaining chip. But, if the price is REALLY good then I may consider it. Interestingly enough I also have a contact at Rick Hart so it will be good to see what the best price is we can get....... I got one for a mate a few weeks ago at $2700 delivered (no extra warranty) but it appears the price may be dropping. Someone posted after you $2498 or something from Good Guys (dunno what state though). I must say I'm interested to see what DSE Powerhouse can do in Ozzie Park. $2998 with the free GPS and Surge protector and 4 years interest free..... take off the freebies and the price would have to be under $2700. The interest free credit has to be worth a bit !!!!

tell ya what...you ring powerhouse....i'll go to rick hart...i'll tell my mate that i may be in the market for 2 if the price is REALLY good.

i might even wind him up a bit and tell him a mate of mine got a price of $2500 from dick smith...is that being to much of a b@stard????? i think not... i'll PM you my mobile number and we can confer... but seriously i'm thinking today is my buying day....let me know by post in the next 20-30 minutes or by phone. :D

tell ya what...you ring powerhouse....i'll go to rick hart...i'll tell my mate that i may be in the market for 2 if the price is REALLY good.

i might even wind him up a bit and tell him a mate of mine got a price of $2500 from dick smith...is that being to much of a b@stard????? i think not... i'll PM you my mobile number and we can confer... but seriously i'm thinking today is my buying day....let me know by post in the next 20-30 minutes or by phone. :D

PM sent (about 10 mins actually.. forgot to post)

I got a 42" 8A today from Powerhouse in Preston (Vic) for $1395.95 incl an extra 2 yr warranty. Not bad considering NONE of the 8 or so other shops I've been to in 2 days have any in stock!

Well done mate, that's a great price! :)

Edited by digitalhome