Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

i went with a couple of mates yesterday to buy 2 plasmas form myer

42-8a model for $1099

46-800a model for $2100

both cash prices

Those are good prices...is that haggling and including the Myer 10% discount sale on ATM?

I phoned Panasonic and confirmed that 800A does not have PIP. I plan to wait till TH-80PZ850A comes out in next few weeks before making a decision (currently listed as $3324).

Finally it is up to you to decide, but I found with my old ancient 130cm RPTV that had picture in picture on it, I used it a fair bit when I first got it, but after a month or so simply couldn't be bothered with it, and just before replacing it with my 800a, I hadn't used PIP on it for several years.

If you're only waiting for the 850a because of the PIP, then you might want to have a think about the value you'll get out of it.

As I said above, it's your choice, not mine. :)

Finally it is up to you to decide, but I found with my old ancient 130cm RPTV that had picture in picture on it, I used it a fair bit when I first got it, but after a month or so simply couldn't be bothered with it, and just before replacing it with my 800a, I hadn't used PIP on it for several years.

If you're only waiting for the 850a because of the PIP, then you might want to have a think about the value you'll get out of it.

As I said above, it's your choice, not mine. :)

PiP would be just perfect now with the games on ch7 and Sbs.

If stations keep on sharing events B)

Hi

It suits some peoples viewing habits better than others. My Toppy 7000 has it,my Panny Plasma doesn't,and it comes in handy when waiting for sporting(football,cricket etc) events to start,resume or just to keep tabs on the score.

It suits some peoples viewing habits better than others. My Toppy 7000 has it,my Panny Plasma doesn't,and it comes in handy when waiting for sporting(football,cricket etc) events to start,resume or just to keep tabs on the score.

Even more valuable than PiP is a PVR, especially one that has PiP. Never watch live TV again. B)

Finally bought my TH-42PX80A and am very happy with the unit. Was undecided whether to get the 50" or 42" but since I'm seating only about 2-2.2m away from tv, it was the perfect size. Also, with the deal I got for $1529 with extra 4yr warrantly included plus on a 18 mnth int free terms, I guess that was the main factor in purchasing it. This forum has greatly helped me. THANKS TO ALL!!!

Unfortunately, did not win an instant price. I guess, you can't have them all.

Interested to see what people getting the TH-42PX80A for. Given the price watch thread on TH-50PX80A there are guys buying that for $1550 you would think you should be able to get the TH-42PX80A for 1250-1300. If i cant get the TH-42PX80A for less than 1300 i reckon id be better forking out the extra on the 50" even though its a big bit for my room.

Picked up 50PZ800A yesterday from Myer at $2401 + $399 (4 year warranty from UEE) total to $2800. Will be delivered today.

Kalinga,

I am currently looking at buying this model. Could you please post your receipt or PM me the receipt?

It would be really appreciated.

Mitch.

42-8a model for $1099

46-800a model for $2100

both cash prices

brenton, appreciate if you can PM me a receipt. I'm gonna order my TV today, and haven't got close to your price anywhere in Melb, muchos gracias...

I'm also interested in a receipt for the 42-8a. Looking at buying very soon, with my tax return of course :)

I work at JB, but because (I hear) JB don't sell off the panasonic rebates, even at staff price I can't get it that cheap (I think around $1250). However if I can provide a receipt from somewhere else thats very cheap (IE. your $1099 myer price), they can match it for me, and also give me cost price for warranty (massive bonus), AND delivery, score.

Cheers!!

42-8a model for $1099

46-800a model for $2100

both cash prices

Brenton could i get that reciept as well, i am intersted in the 42-8a. My email dcspec-at-hotmail-dot-com or just post your receipt, seems like a lot of people want them.

Cheers mate

Bought a one week old 42PX8A for $900ish on ebay! Works a treat. Sit about 2m from the TV and 42" is about right for that distance - was considering 50" but that might've been too big.

Cash price at Caringbah Good Guys for the 42PX8A is $1200 I believe. Was actually going to do the DSE $1499 deal with 24 mths interest free and then sell the GPS (which is worth $400) and surge protector until I found the above deal.

Edited by hoiboy

i got the plasmas from kevin at the frankston myer. he was a great guy. i bought a qty of small lcd's for work but it seemed he was happy enough to give those prices regardless. don't be fooled by the ticket prices, myer have good buying power.

Interested to see what people getting the TH-42PX80A for. Given the price watch thread on TH-50PX80A there are guys buying that for $1550 you would think you should be able to get the TH-42PX80A for 1250-1300. If i cant get the TH-42PX80A for less than 1300 i reckon id be better forking out the extra on the 50" even though its a big bit for my room.

I'm looking for forum members who bought them at this price, to find out what shop, and hopefully receipts. I've started looking back through this thread but with over 350 pages it could take some time :P

Edited by Michkel

For Brisbane people there is an advertisement in The Satellite (local rag) for Harvey Norman Oxley with the 50PZ800 at $2,499. Not bad for an advertised price for those who don't like to haggle. Be interesting to see whether they would go much lower.

my local rag (newspaper) had the 42PX8A advertised for $1200, less for cash.

This was Bing Lee Castle Hill (sydney).

Thanks for the links to receipts guys... i'll be using the two $1531 receipts for 50PX80A as bargaining leverage when i go out shopping today at Dick Smith and Myers. I would really like to get the deal with the TomTom GPS at DSE, but somehow i doubt they will drop from their advertised price of $2100.

If no one will give me the $1500 price on the 50px80a, then i'll have to go for the 42px8a or 42px80a.

BTW - there have been two reports now of being able to get the 42PX8A for $1099 at Myers, but has anyone posted up a copy of the invoice?