Sign in to follow this  
Junkyard

Panasonic Th-p65v10a 65" Plasma

The New Panasonic Plasma i intend to buy will be released in November with a RRP of $6,699 , one online store Stream master has it for 5399

http://panasonic.com.au/products/details.cfm?objectID=5206

VIErA TH-P65V10A 65" (165cm) Full-HD Digital Plasma TV

* 12th Generation Neo Full-HD Progressive Plasma Panel

* 2,000,000+:1 Dynamic contrast ratio

* 4 x HDMI inputs

* Digital Cinema Colour and THX

* Super Slim 2" Depth panel (At thinnest point)

In stores from November 2009

i am dying to get this beautiful pana in my lounge room

*counts the days*

Edited by Junkyard

It's finally a half decent price.

Shame the VX100 isn't so cheap!

Fantastic ! That's more like the price to win friends and influence people.

*must not hurt Visa badly, must not, must not*

Looks good for that money

Edited by NormanD

The almighty Australian dollar is punching way above its weight.

Am I right in guessing that Panasonic sets the wholesale price?

Is it on the list of 1-of-3 bundle promo that Pana is running ATM?

If it is, you could flog off one of the promo items and that'll mean a 65" for ~$4500!

Yee-Hah!

I just downloaded the manualand am disappointed to see you only get 2x10w speakers with this baby

My 50PX600 has 6 speakers (incl 2 x subwoofers) and the sound is great. This is a defivite step backwards!

Are you sure the RRP is right? Have you checked with any retailers?

I mean, it's listed as half the cost of the outgoing model.

I just downloaded the manualand am disappointed to see you only get 2x10w speakers with this baby.

Honestly, these big screens are designed compliment a home theatre, so it's almost expected that there's an AVR already involved. They're made to provide decent picture quality, not audio.

This is the impression i'm getting with the increasing number of models with poor speakers.

I have got the local GG to match the online price from Streamaster! :D

No just need to get the Minister for War and Peace to signoff on the deal - she is leaning towards the 58"

I have got the local GG to match the online price from Streamaster! :D

when do you get delivery ??

Does anyone know whether this 65V10A model is made in Japan or China ? Will it have the same

frame panel as the 50V10A version, Japan made, where the whole frame covered in one piece of glass) or

will it be the same as the 50G and S10A version, China made, where the frame is built with a cheap plastic look ?

when do you get delivery ??

Stock isnt available until approx mid Nov

Stock isnt available until approx mid Nov

Hope that there 're still some dvd recorder left from panasonic promotion then.

By the way, which GG ( Melbourne or Sydney) matches Streamaster price?

Not meaning to hi jack this thread but I too have decided my Santa card, err I mean VISA card, needs to get me a 63-65" plasma for Xmas...but I am torn between the Panasonic 65 and the Samsung 63 Series 7...someone please help me choose...

I have seen both sets and while the PQ is good enough for me from either set, I cannot help feel Panasonic have done them selves a disservice by continuing to pursue with that crappy bottom silver strip...for me the athestics of the set play an important part as the display needs to be the focul point of the room...even when it is off...while the Samsung with the full gloss black bezel looks superb.

If anyone has either set any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

And should I consider an extended warranty?

Thanks in advance

Does anyone know whether this 65V10A model is made in Japan or China ? Will it have the same

frame panel as the 50V10A version, Japan made, where the whole frame covered in one piece of glass) or

will it be the same as the 50G and S10A version, China made, where the frame is built with a cheap plastic look ?

given the 50in V10 model is made in japan, the 65 should also be the same. not 100% sure, but i cant see why it wouldnt.

Will it have the same frame panel as the 50V10A version, Japan made, where the whole frame covered in one piece of glass) or will it be the same as the 50G and S10A version, China made, where the frame is built with a cheap plastic look ?

From CNET US site's Editor's Take of the Panasonic TC-P58V10:

"As you can see from the image above, the 50-inch and the 54-inch members of the series both feature the "one-pane-of-glass" design we liked so much on Panasonic and LG plasmas from last year. The larger models lack that design element, since their increased weight requires more support, according to Panasonic's rep."

Edited by complectus

That is a shame!

The one piece glass looks sleek...even if they just had a plain black frame, that would look better than the silver strip.

The 65" v10 for $5399....................Jesus........

I just tried to haggle a TH-65pz850a two days ago for $5900 and the sales just let me walked away. Won't go lower than $5900.

Did it say something very strange about the price of the V10 58" and 65"? :o

The 65" v10 for $5399....................Jesus........

I just tried to haggle a TH-65pz850a two days ago for $5900 and the sales just let me walked away. Won't go lower than $5900.

Did it say something very strange about the price of the V10 58" and 65"? :o

That 's why I 'm suspicious that this 65V10 model is the cheap China made model.

I 'm curious to find out that whether or not it has the same cheap black curved plastic frame

as in the 50G10 and 50S10. That frame really put me off.

Hope that my guess is wrong and the low current price is due to our strong dollar.

Hope that there 're still some dvd recorder left from panasonic promotion then.

By the way, which GG ( Melbourne or Sydney) matches Streamaster price?

Went into GG store today - told they can't match the Streamaster price. Salesman I spoke to yesterday was not it today.

Told could do around $6200 with owners approval.

As stock isn't available to Nov will monitor the Pana promotion levels before jumping in.

I also want to find out if I really need to pay in full now to qualify for the offer.

Not meaning to hi jack this thread but I too have decided my Santa card, err I mean VISA card, needs to get me a 63-65" plasma for Xmas...but I am torn between the Panasonic 65 and the Samsung 63 Series 7...someone please help me choose...

I have seen both sets and while the PQ is good enough for me from either set, I cannot help feel Panasonic have done them selves a disservice by continuing to pursue with that crappy bottom silver strip...for me the athestics of the set play an important part as the display needs to be the focul point of the room...even when it is off...while the Samsung with the full gloss black bezel looks superb.

If anyone has either set any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

And should I consider an extended warranty?

Thanks in advance

Maybe take this to the Panny Vs Sammy thread that is alive and kicking in parallel with this one? More likely to get the answers you seek there instead of hijecking this.

Went into GG store today - told they can't match the Streamaster price. Salesman I spoke to yesterday was not it today.

Told could do around $6200 with owners approval.

As stock isn't available to Nov will monitor the Pana promotion levels before jumping in.

I also want to find out if I really need to pay in full now to qualify for the offer.

Anyone ordered from online seller like streammaster? Sometimes their price is so low that makes you wonder. They can't be a bulk buyer larger than the Goodguys and Binglee, right? How come they achieve such a low price.

I think they just advertise so low the price for something they don't have yet. So that you won't go to the big store.

That 's why I 'm suspicious that this 65V10 model is the cheap China made model.

I 'm curious to find out that whether or not it has the same cheap black curved plastic frame

as in the 50G10 and 50S10. That frame really put me off.

Hope that my guess is wrong and the low current price is due to our strong dollar.

actually the 58" v10 too. The new model is almost cheaper than the outgoing model even with heavy discount on the outgoing one. I think may be what the sales told me, it's half made in China, is right