Myer 15% Off All Tv's

15% off RRP is not a bad place to start negotiations. However, other places in the area around Myer stores have the same TVs ticketed at similar prices with "negotiable" or "ask us to beat this deal".

For example -

Samsung 40" B650 (all prices from Bondi Westfield)

Myer - $2091 after 15% off

JB - $2091 with a big line across it and the words "Ask for a Deal"

Bing Lee - $2099 Negotiable

The 15% off prices can be beaten very easily (and significantly smashed in the middle of a slow sales day).

Edited by kulfi

15% off RRP is not a bad place to start negotiations. However, other places in the area around Myer stores have the same TVs ticketed at similar prices with "negotiable" or "ask us to beat this deal".

For example -

Samsung 40" B650 (all prices from Bondi Westfield)

Myer - $2091 after 15% off

JB - $2091 with a big line across it and the words "Ask for a Deal"

Bing Lee - $2099 Negotiable

The 15% off prices can be beaten very easily (and significantly smashed in the middle of a slow sales day).

Hi Kulfi

I know you are the master of prices (have seen your posts)

and a lot of knowledge of tv's

If it was you purchasing a 50 inch TV for your self

which would you choose price up to $3000 $2500- $3000

I know everyones preferences are different but for quality and value which would you choose for yourself

viewing distance 2.5 - 3 metres mainly watch free to air and a few vids

thanks

To the OP, current fan favourites amongst the forumites are the Panasonic 50 inch V10, which can be had for $2700

http://www.streamaster.com.au/shop/index.p...ex&cPath=12

and the Samasung 50 inch B850 which can be had for $2900

http://www.streamaster.com.au/shop/index.p...facturers_id=10

Lots of toing and froing from various fanboys about which is better. Who knows! Sammy seems to win on colour and Panny seems to win on blacks. Although many would argue that in normal lighting the Sammy craps on the Panny because of its anti glare coating. And then others will warn you about the infamous Series 8 Sammy buzzing problem.

Bottom line is when the rubber hits the road most people agree they are both great TV's. So maybe you will be swayed by the promotions happening now/soon.

Bondi must be a sharper sales place - I was at Macquarie Centre this afternoon, looking at the 46" B650.

Myer had it ticketed at $2549. Dick Smith had it at $2599 - sales dude said 'Oh, that's below our cost', and refused to budge. JB had it ticketed at $2896!

The Myer sale ends next Sunday 25th. I hope some of the other shops wise up before then.