Sign in to follow this  
Ivalice.

Cheapest Prices On Sony Bravia 46z5500

Hey Guys

As the topic suggests, I'm currently in the market for a Sony 46inch Z5500 which coincide with the latest Sony Ps3 giveaway!

Anyway, I was thinking whether if I could get some user feedback on this unit, I will be using it mainly for Blu-ray and Ps3 gaming and DVD as well.

Lastly, I like to get some Price enquiry for this Tv. I like to know what is some of the Best cash price someone has paid for it recently.

After-all the cheaper the better right! B)

Cheers Guys!

Howdy, I picked up one of these last week, (the 12th) so I am hoping like hell I'll end up with a PS3 out of it. Regardless, 3 years warranty is handy.

You should expect to be paying something in the order of $2500 give or take.

The TV itself is pretty flash. The narrow bezel is a nice touch. The 200Hz thing is pretty ordinary (lots of artifacts and makes movement look kinda funny) but at the same time, the 100Hz setting is really solid. The initial setup was a POP. It's a shame footy season is over but at least we have the cricket to look forward to to enjoy some sport. Its replacing a 10 yr old 68cm LG CRT so lets face it, I'd have to be a bit of a tool to complain.

I am not an officianado of these things so I won't bother giving you my settings, they are probably crap. Having said that, if anyone has settings that they are convinced are good, I'd like to see them.

Editing and using the favourites (and also the programme guide) isn't as good as the bedroom telly which is a 32" pana 800 LCD.

No doubt I am headed at some stage for the male equivilent of post natal depression (buyers remorse) but overall I am pretty impressed with the purchase and right now, happy.

Hey thanks Adman for your inputs

Do you mind sending me your receipt to my Email stevenliu0124@hotmail.com

Saves my self from the excruciating bargaining process if not Repetitive :D

Cheers!

i would also be interested to know which retailer you had gone too to get such a great price ?

Ivalice,

Genuinely sorry but I can't really help you out with that. I got mine via a commercial deal and so the receipt really wouldn't do you any good. Suffice to say that those prices though should be attainable (I think Andy said similar prices on the HDTV Prices thread).

Cheers mate,

Happy Hunting.

Ivalice,

Genuinely sorry but I can't really help you out with that. I got mine via a commercial deal and so the receipt really wouldn't do you any good. Suffice to say that those prices though should be attainable (I think Andy said similar prices on the HDTV Prices thread).

Cheers mate,

Happy Hunting.

Thanks for the brief review I think I'm going to get one of these myself, don't really need the extra 6" for ~$1500. $2500 is a great price, if anyone gets that, would they mind sharing?

I bought mine on Saturday from David Jones, for $2688 including 12 months interest free and $150 worth of DJ's gift card's. They matched JB-HIFI's online price, plus because i'm not picking it up till the end of this week i'll still be eligible for the free PS3 offer. Probably could have get it cheaper but I wanted to the 12 months interest free to spread out the cost

Tell you what tho... I also got the LG BD390 Blu Ray Player and a Harmony One remote at the same time (just finished a 3 month job so ended up a bit cashed up). The BD390 is on back order until the end of this week, I didn't know about the PS3 deal at the time of purchase so someone in the family might get a nice surprise for Chrissie (and lets face it, I might miss out on the PS3 because of the purchase date).

It really is techno bloke heaven in my loungeroom right now. I'd hate to ever see the day when you just become blase' about this stuff.

I've been unpacking this crap with my pants around my ankles!!

I've been unpacking this crap with my pants around my ankles!!

That's nice to know.. :P

Though it is exciting getting new toys to play with.