Promotion Time

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot off the press -

Samsung's X'mas promo starts from the 17th of this month and runs till the 24th of December-

Free 22" LCD (LA22B450) on these models :

LCD

40" LA40B650

46" LA46B650

55" LA55B650

40" LA40B750

46" LA46B750

52" LA52B750

Plasma

50" PS50B550

58" PS58B550

50" PS50B650

63" PS63B680

50" PS50B850

58" PS58B850

Free 26" LCD (LA26B450) on these models :

LED-backlit LCD

40" UA40B6000

46" UA46B6000

55" UA55B6000

40" UA40B7100

46" UA46B7100

55" UA55B7100

46" UA46B8000

55" UA55B8000

For those who buy a TV during this period - you will need to register for the deal online and pay them $40 towards postage and handling (cheap bas*ards).

I personally find this to be such a useless deal - I don't want a second smaller TV (I have enough TV's already). I simply want to upgrade my main living room TV. So give me cheaper prices - not another TV. This type of promotion just makes me look to other brands

Now this is entirely speculation but Samsung may increase the value of there promotion in plasmas or even drop the price of there plasmas if Panasonic gets a big jump on them.

If they cannot fix the loud buzz problem.. No one will wants them even if they are free.. <_<

I personally find this to be such a useless deal - I don't want a second smaller TV (I have enough TV's already). I simply want to upgrade my main living room TV. So give me cheaper prices - not another TV. This type of promotion just makes me look to other brands

Everyone is different, but I think ebay is the keyword you wanted.

Nobody is giving cheaper prices or planning cashback promos in the near future. You can look at "other brands" but there's nothing there.

I believe Ekka_t was referring to eBay because you can sell the freebies over there.

There are other avenues to selling these items as well - one of my friends bought a big LCD from Dick Smith and got a free LCD by redemption. DSE also gave him a free XBox360 Arcade which he didn't want. He talked to the salesman who had a mate on the lookout for a cheap XBox, so he sold it at the door of the shop for ~$200.

Good because I was just about to buy the Samsung 40" LA40B750 but might get the same in the z5500 series from Sony.

Edited by Psion

Kulfi, can I just clarify.

On one hand you said..

"QUOTE (larry @ Oct 12 2009, 04:59 PM) *

kulfi - what brands are having big price drops ?

The rumour mill says Sony and Samsung, plus maybe some minor drops from Pana."

but then say..

Nobody is giving cheaper prices or planning cashback promos in the near future. You can look at "other brands" but there's nothing there.

Im not trying to be picky ... I certainly appreciatte the information provided by yourselves and others here, and I realise that your first comment does attribute the point to the "rumour mill" ...

so in your , or other informed individuals opinion, is some form of price drop probable, or merely possible.? (or maybe I have just misinterpreted the whole point ?!?!

The questions were in a different context.

The first person had asked whether there will be any RRP changes over the next few weeks and that's likely to happen. Minor RRP markdowns happen on a regular basis. It's the main reason why I would personally wait until early December to take advantage of them.

The second person wanted a significantly cheaper selling price INSTEAD of freebies and to that, my response was "very unlikely".

The point I'm trying to make is that RRP changes will deliver marginal benefits to customers but it won't lead to deep cuts in the selling price (not with the X'mas rush). Customers do stand to benefit significantly AFTER the value of the freebies has been factored in.

Well now

I am looking to replace my 3 year old 55inch Sony KF55E200 3LCD "olcos" HDTV

($3280 from Sony Central in 2006. RRP $4999)

With a Samsung UA55B8000 Series 8 55inch LED TV which is for sale at WEBPRICE.com.au

for a nice tidy $5720 plus delivery charges. (RRP $7999)

I am looking forward to the improved PQ as I upgrade from 1366x768 to 1920x1080 resolution.

and using considerably less power from a powerfull 100W rear projection globe to full color LED backlighting

Regards

That price is quite high. FYI I picked up one of these 6 weeks ago from Myer in Melbourne for under $4900... so you have a bit of haggle room..

The second person wanted a significantly cheaper selling price INSTEAD of freebies and to that, my response was "very unlikely".

The point I'm trying to make is that RRP changes will deliver marginal benefits to customers but it won't lead to deep cuts in the selling price (not with the X'mas rush). Customers do stand to benefit significantly AFTER the value of the freebies has been factored in.

I want a cheaper price, and am prepared to wait until after Christmas. I have no need for a 26" LCD TV. I don't think we've seen prices go down with the strength of the Australian dollar.

I remember 12 months ago a story in the SMH that said to buy before Christmas because prices were going to go up after Christmas to adjust to the dollar's depreciation. Odd, don't see any stories saying hold off until after Christmas this year...

I want a cheaper price, and am prepared to wait until after Christmas. I have no need for a 26" LCD TV. I don't think we've seen prices go down with the strength of the Australian dollar.

In that case, waiting would be a better option for you. I waited till Feb 2008 to buy my TV so I can understand where you're coming from.

However, there are many people who are impatient and must have the TV up-and-running on X'mas day or earlier. The promo makes sense for them.

This this great news. Im in the market for a 50inch panasonic (just HD not Full HD). I already have a 46inch full hd plasma and its been great!!

Cant wait to see what it is. PS3 would be good

Likewise, a HD ready with PS3 would be ideal. ;)

Ivalice, do you still have your Hitachi?

Cheers

Struggo

I seen in the retra catalogue a samsung 50" 1080p 5 series? correct me if I`m wrong.....for $1999, is this the price drop I`ve heard of or is there likley to be further reductions and bonus *something*

I believe this is the price drop. The bonus 22" LCD TV giveaway with this plasma starts from Saturday.

mate of mine has priced a TH-P46S10A for just over $1800. He doesn't want add-ons (but would consider selling them if it turned out cheaper).

Should he just pull the trigger on that price, since i don't think retailers will allow these sort of prices with the add-ons? I don't know whether he should wait for the promo or not...