Sign in to follow this  
ugoagogo

Promotion Time

The bonus item is reserved for you once you have correctly entered your details on the website and they have sucked the $17.50 from your credit card. It is not when Panasonic receives your documents and "validates" them.

Guys, Panasonic website says my claim is validated, CBA says $17.50 has been taken from my credit card.

Any idea how long till I receive my PVR? Have any been delivered yet?

EDIT: Question kind of answered in the Panasonic Reply thread.

Edited by defnk

The salesman hath spoken but alas, it is another lie.

The retailer has everything to gain by misguiding the person. Simply say that "Panasonic only has the cheap camera left in its promo so would Sir be interested in a Samsung or LG plasma ? We've got heaps of those gathering dust in our warehouse and would be glad to pick up some margins on them".

True, I hadn't thought of that. All those LG's gathering dust in the storeroom. The owner must be having a heart attack!

Bottom line, if it's on the panny website you can order it. Although if I was you I'd be quick as there are only 684 of the Blu Ray systems left. I don't see them making the weekend to be honest.

True, I hadn't thought of that. All those LG's gathering dust in the storeroom. The owner must be having a heart attack!

It's better for retailers to keep big boxes moving and not end up with a pile of stock.

Well ps3's are gone it seems. I checked yesterday and there was 1300 odd... now there is none..... as cant find the damn page again Grrrrrrr.....

Untrue.

If they are on the panny website then you can get them.

Well, I hope so. I bought a 58" Panasonic V10 today, and have registered for the twin tuner HDD/DVD recorder

:)

any one know the approx turnaround once pana has verified reciept??

The salesman hath spoken but alas, it is another lie.

The retailer has everything to gain by misguiding the person. Simply say that "Panasonic only has the cheap camera left in its promo so would Sir be interested in a Samsung or LG plasma ? We've got heaps of those gathering dust in our warehouse and would be glad to pick up some margins on them".

yes, it would seem that you, like many people,ie myself, like to fill the blanks of a story when we dont know all the facts. From what i can see the salesman gained nothing as the poster still ended up buying the tv he wanted. lying or mistaken...lets all assume everyone are cheating scumbags...thats what its all about right.......??:)

edit: just some hot afternoon venting :)

Edited by deukp

Well, I hope so. I bought a 58" Panasonic V10 today, and have registered for the twin tuner HDD/DVD recorder

:)

How long is the wait on yours, MatF?

I got told around the 5th of Dec - Harveys reckon no branch in Melb has them in store.

Not sure yet - should find out tomorrow morning. I'll post back here when I find out.

A bit redundant now, as I believe you have yours on your floor at the moment! :)

... but I was told today, 2 weeks for delivery.

Bottom line, if it's on the panny website you can order it. Although if I was you I'd be quick as there are only 684 of the Blu Ray systems left. I don't see them making the weekend to be honest.

none left as of now and not many twin tuner recorders either but heaps of cameras. had decided to buy a thp50g15a for a friend for Christmas but with no HT wont proceed dont think they will add another 4000 but that will slow Christmas sales now- all of December and only camera. cheers alan

I'm 99% sure we'll see another Wii promo (with Panasonic TVs) starting next week ...

I'm 99% sure we'll see another Wii promo (with Panasonic TVs) starting next week ...

Wii promo wont do it for me, cheers alan

Is the Panasonic promo through Panasonic or the store you purchase from. I just bought a Panasonic Viera from Myer and no mention of a Panasonic deal!?

David

Is the Panasonic promo through Panasonic or the store you purchase from. I just bought a Panasonic Viera from Myer and no mention of a Panasonic deal!?

David

Hi David,

Through Panasonic.

Assuming you bought a full HD Plasma Viera, it seems you can currently choose between a camera:

http://www.hdbonus.com.au/HDBonus/

or a Wii:

http://www.hdbonus.com.au/wii/

I don't think LCDs or non-full-HD plasmas are eligible for either. There's some more info under the "promotions" tab on the Panasonic website.

Edited by MatF

Hi David,

Through Panasonic.

Assuming you bought a full HD Plasma Viera, it seems you can currently choose between a camera:

http://www.hdbonus.com.au/HDBonus/

or a Wii:

http://www.hdbonus.com.au/wii/

I don't think LCDs or non-full-HD plasmas are eligible for either. There's some more info under the "promotions" tab on the Panasonic website.

Cheers, so us LCD buyers get sweet FA?

Cheers, so us LCD buyers get sweet FA?

Buy a Samsung or Sony LCD and you do.

Can anyone help with a quick question re: selling my panasonic promotion item.

I noted that all the ads on ebay pertaining to the promotion item state they have a warranty, so I followed suit. However I was asked a question re this fact where I was informed the item needs the receipt for a warranty, which of course this doesnt have. Anyone have an opinion on this?

EDIT : OK.. sorry, had this question answered now... Ironically by the individual that asked me the question?!?! Sorry for the now redundant post.

Edited by BadBeachBoy

EDIT : OK.. sorry, had this question answered now... Ironically by the individual that asked me the question?!?! Sorry for the now redundant post.

BadBeachBoy not a redundant post at all.. What was the answer to the question?

It interests me as I want to buy a SC-BT200 HTIB System on eBay or privately.

A bit redundant now, as I believe you have yours on your floor at the moment! :)

... but I was told today, 2 weeks for delivery.

Well, they were on the money - got the call this morning that it has arrived. Will pick it up tomorrow (I'm currently interstate) :D

"Thank you for registering your claim with Panasonic for a BONUS HD gift as part of our recent “VIErA BONUS HD Promotion”.

As you know you’re claim for a HD Tough LUMIX Camera Pack has been verified and approved. We are currently waiting on stock to come into the country to fulfil your claim. Based on the current schedule we estimate we will dispatch your gift by February 12th, 2009, subject to reasons beyond our control"

Ghey. First I'm left with the camera and now this.

"Thank you for registering your claim with Panasonic for a BONUS HD gift as part of our recent “VIErA BONUS HD Promotion”.

As you know you’re claim for a HD Tough LUMIX Camera Pack has been verified and approved. We are currently waiting on stock to come into the country to fulfil your claim. Based on the current schedule we estimate we will dispatch your gift by February 12th, 2009, subject to reasons beyond our control"

Ghey. First I'm left with the camera and now this.

How can they be waiting for the cameras to arrive in the country? They hardly gave any away!

~7900 bonus cameras left...

:( slamdunka

How can they be waiting for the cameras to arrive in the country? They hardly gave any away!

~7900 bonus cameras left...

:( slamdunka

7900 left on the order book but not necessarily in this country ! You can build up a massive order book and then ask for a big batch, thereby saving money. Samsung has tried this stunt too many times and it looks like Panasonic is simply following suit.