Sign in to follow this  
ugoagogo

Promotion Time

I gave that freebie TV to my parents to use as a spare PC monitor. My mum even uses it in the backyard if she's bored.

My son tried using it as a PC monitor and couldn't get it working properly

Did originally set it up in the bedroom but the wife wanted a DVD player in there as well

Went and bought an Aldi 19" TV with HD tuner and built in DVD player for $299

Comes in very handy for late night viewing :wub:

Has anyone heard whether Panasonic is going to add more bonus in response to Sony adding more PS3 or not?

rumour floating around, Panasonic gonna add 4000 more Bluray HT and 4000 more Recorders to the current promo

rumour floating around, Panasonic gonna add 4000 more Bluray HT and 4000 more Recorders to the current promo

Got told that earlier today by a retailer. No idea of when it'll be announced though...probably close to when current stock's gone.

well that was promptly validated rumour.. most impressed.

Undermines the integrity of the original offer though in my opinion, as much as it is great for all those that benefit from it.

well that was promptly validated rumour.. most impressed.

Undermines the integrity of the original offer though in my opinion, as much as it is great for all those that benefit from it.

I think they probably were compelled to after Sony added further TV sets.

I think they probably were compelled to after Sony added further TV sets.

+1

I think Sony's addition pushed Panasonic into updating the quantity. At present, Sony and Pana TVs are moving faster than ever before. To drop the offer would've been a big mistake.

+1

I think Sony's addition pushed Panasonic into updating the quantity. At present, Sony and Pana TVs are moving faster than ever before. To drop the offer would've been a big mistake.

I think we all knew that Sony were always going to add at least another 10000 or so. It's was a pretty low number to start with, considering they've done 35000 on past promotions. I'm sure Panasonic knew that as well, which is why they started with a total of 36000 bonuses. Nice to see Panasonic throw another 8000 up there. It is certainly an interesting war between the two at the moment and the end result is a great deal for consumers.

Andys.

Edited by andys

...It is certainly an interesting war between the two at the moment and the end result is a great deal for consumers.

Andys.

Not just two. LG, Sharp, Toshiba as well.

Personally I'm spewing that they added extra stock because I rushed in and bought mine not wanting to miss out. With competition up, and the $AUD up, prices are going to drop even further in just a short space of time. IMO, TV's are well overpriced for what they are, but considering I paid less for my 50" Pana G10 Plasma than I did for my 28" Pana 300a fine pitch CRT, I can't complain. BTW, the plasma picture is about as good as the CRT, which is a fair effort considering the size difference. Maybe just a little soft on shows with cheap production values.

Personally I'm spewing that they added extra stock because I rushed in and bought mine not wanting to miss out. With competition up, and the $AUD up, prices are going to drop even further in just a short space of time. IMO, TV's are well overpriced for what they are, but considering I paid less for my 50" Pana G10 Plasma than I did for my 28" Pana 300a fine pitch CRT, I can't complain. BTW, the plasma picture is about as good as the CRT, which is a fair effort considering the size difference. Maybe just a little soft on shows with cheap production values.

Would you say the G10 is as good with SD as it is with the fine pitch CRT? I have the 200 fine pitch model which is essentially the same as the 300a just a different case. I want to upgrade I just find the picture on the fine pitch is just so good - and i dont really need a bigger set

Would you say the G10 is as good with SD as it is with the fine pitch CRT? I have the 200 fine pitch model which is essentially the same as the 300a just a different case. I want to upgrade I just find the picture on the fine pitch is just so good - and i dont really need a bigger set

Personally, if you don't need a bigger set, it's a tricky decision. I wouldn't automatically upgrade. Only reason I did was I had a buyer for the free dvd recorder that was one of the redemption offers. Well, that and "screen envy". Made the 50" G10 a $1200 out-of-pocket purchase, easily justifiable (to myself). Now that I sit there and watch, it's no more pleasurable, as the PQ is not discernably better, and it's all about content (the show itself) for me, not how good it looks. The wife, it's a different story, she adores the big lug of a thing. And it makes our lounge room look so much better. And the kids don't have to be embarrassed anymore when friends come over.

I don't know if you are ever going to get a "better" SD picture because a fine pitch 28" screen is a 28" screen. Stretch the same picture to a 50" screen and it is going to suffer. The higher resolution of the new TV makes up for it enough to make it about the same, as long as you don't sit too close (under 2 metres). FTA analogue pictures sometimes look weird if shot in 4:3 unless you put the screen into 4:3, but on the digital channel the same program is fine. I can't tell on the G10 if it's a SD channel or a HD channel ??? Every channel I have looked at looks fine from 3 metres. At 2 metres or less, you notice a "worse" picture for many shows, but it's not a "bad" picture. Over 3.5 metres everything looks great. My missus watches it from the kitchen when she's cooking (about 5-6 metres away) and a 50" screen is much, much better for her. If you are going to be doing such long distance TV watching, then it's a must.

I guess that's the curse of having a fine pitch screen. Apart from the size, there's no "wow factor" for us when we get a new TV.

If I could have got the V10 for $2450 like another poster here, I would have gone for it, for the sexier screen and PIP, supposedly better PQ, and other features. Made in Japan vs Made in China for Panasonic makes no difference, same quality control in place. Made in Japan for a major player like Pana is snob value mark up only, i.e. so they can charge you more. And reflection is not a problem, even when the room is brightly lit (though I haven't actually watched in daylight with all the curtains open - too hot ). Good Huntiong !

Personally, if you don't need a bigger set, it's a tricky decision. I wouldn't automatically upgrade. Only reason I did was I had a buyer for the free dvd recorder that was one of the redemption offers. Well, that and "screen envy". Made the 50" G10 a $1200 out-of-pocket purchase, easily justifiable (to myself). Now that I sit there and watch, it's no more pleasurable, as the PQ is not discernably better, and it's all about content (the show itself) for me, not how good it looks. The wife, it's a different story, she adores the big lug of a thing. And it makes our lounge room look so much better. And the kids don't have to be embarrassed anymore when friends come over.

I don't know if you are ever going to get a "better" SD picture because a fine pitch 28" screen is a 28" screen. Stretch the same picture to a 50" screen and it is going to suffer. The higher resolution of the new TV makes up for it enough to make it about the same, as long as you don't sit too close (under 2 metres). FTA analogue pictures sometimes look weird if shot in 4:3 unless you put the screen into 4:3, but on the digital channel the same program is fine. I can't tell on the G10 if it's a SD channel or a HD channel ??? Every channel I have looked at looks fine from 3 metres. At 2 metres or less, you notice a "worse" picture for many shows, but it's not a "bad" picture. Over 3.5 metres everything looks great. My missus watches it from the kitchen when she's cooking (about 5-6 metres away) and a 50" screen is much, much better for her. If you are going to be doing such long distance TV watching, then it's a must.

I guess that's the curse of having a fine pitch screen. Apart from the size, there's no "wow factor" for us when we get a new TV.

If I could have got the V10 for $2450 like another poster here, I would have gone for it, for the sexier screen and PIP, supposedly better PQ, and other features. Made in Japan vs Made in China for Panasonic makes no difference, same quality control in place. Made in Japan for a major player like Pana is snob value mark up only, i.e. so they can charge you more. And reflection is not a problem, even when the room is brightly lit (though I haven't actually watched in daylight with all the curtains open - too hot ). Good Hunting !

And reflection is not a problem, even when the room is brightly lit

er... reflection IS a problem during the day with all the curtains open. Our room lights are above and to the side of the tv so the reflection doesn't really hit the screen at night time. Our windows are around on three sides, and only covered by roman blinds, so light gets in through the cracks on the sides. Quite distracting when there is a dark picture filling the screen (but mostly because this forum brought it to my attention !). Same thing happened with the CRT, but being a much smaller screen, most times you didn't notice. If I watched a lot of daytime tv, I'd regret buying this tv instead of an LCD. If I move my tv to one particular wall it wont be a problem. Give this some thought before buying.

Edited by EFC

Oi - you forgot another company with a promotion atm. Teac are giving away free WD external hard disc drives with their LCD televisions. SCORE

Oi - you forgot another company with a promotion atm. Teac are giving away free WD external hard disc drives with their LCD televisions. SCORE

WOW! That'll really make me race out and buy one. :P

Can I have some help from someone who bought their TV at Myer and has claimed the free gift from Panasonic, please?

When I bought my TV, the salesman gave me the small till receipt attached to the front page (blue) of the Myer Order/Sales form, and told me NOT to send that to Panasonic. He also gave me the second page (green) of the Myer Order/Sales form and told me to send that to them.

Is he correct? Is that green form valid as a receipt, or do I have to send off the blue one with till receipt attached?

Thanks. :)

Is he correct? Is that green form valid as a receipt, or do I have to send off the blue one with till receipt attached?

Send both. I did it for my Sammy and it was fine.

Send both. I did it for my Sammy and it was fine.

Hey Kulfi

Have they dispatched your sammy TV yet?

Hey Kulfi

Have they dispatched your sammy TV yet?

I had sent them for a previous Sammy free LCD TV promo. That promo was a major fiasco with everyone reporting massive delays before eventually getting the TVs (months later).

Am I going waaaaaaay off topic if I ask for some suggestions?

What are some good PS3 games and what is a good price to pay? Where from?

I prefer a car race or a Mario brothers type game to any war / fighting games.

I have heard of Grand Theft Auto, but that sounds a bit rough?

Cheers,

Typhoon.

Hey guys,

What's the turnaround for these PS3's? I send my reciept and everything to sony today (in the arvo) via express post. When should I expect to have the PS3?

Cheers

What's the turnaround for these PS3's? I send my reciept and everything to sony today (in the arvo) via express post. When should I expect to have the PS3?

After Australia Post delivers your package ! :P

Sony has been quite prompt with redemptions this time, so maybe a couple of weeks (or less).

I prefer a car race or a Mario brothers type game to any war / fighting games.

I have heard of Grand Theft Auto, but that sounds a bit rough?

Cheaper PS3 games appear in Big W or K-Mart catalogues on a regular basis. EB Games price matches those catalogues and best of all, EB accepts Westfield Gift Cards or trade-ins.

When it comes to racing, the ultimate PS3 racer has not been released yet ! :(

I'm referring to Gran Turismo 5, which is still in Prologue form. Little Big Planet might be a bit like Mario. If not, the Ratchet-and-Clank series may fit the bill.

Grand Theft Auto is a very violent game with loads of nasty scenes thrown in. Not for families.

Back on topic, the release of the Play TV add-on gives the PS3 the capability to become a PVR, which is another sweetener from Sony this holiday season.

Hey guys,

Cheers

I sent my receipt express post at 5.25pm on a Friday afternoon. They received it on Monday. Approved it on Tuesday. I received the PS3 (Brisbane) on Friday.

Edit - Does anyone know how the warranty works with these giveaway PS3's? I'm about to sell mine, but should I also give the buyer the receipt for the TV (no mention of PS3), Letter from Sony when they send you the PS3 (Congrats on your new PS3...blah...blah), or is there something inside the box where they register it online?

Edited by Iglesia

In regards to the Panasonic promo. As I've sent mine express post platinum, can anyone confirm that it does goto the BROOKVALE BC.

As I sent it on the 2nd of November and it got delivered to the BROOKVALE BC on the 04/11/09. The status is still: COMPLETE.Online registration successful. We have not yet received your claim form and original receipt in the mail.

Thanks.

Edited by Calciatore