Promotion Time

Guys, of the freebie pana gifts, which would be the easiest to sell on ebay/forums?

We're buying the 50v and are wanting to offload the pana 'gift' to offset some of the cost of a higher spec AV receiver and front speakers.

I'd say you'll have a better chance of getting rid of the DVD recorder than the other items.

Just be aware that there are other people with the same idea. You mightn't get what you want for it (or maybe have no bidders at all) if everyone decides to sell at the same time. :winky:

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be aware that there are other people with the same idea. You mightn't get what you want for it (or maybe have no bidders at all) if everyone decides to sell at the same time. :winky:

Yep, I reckon you will be lucky to get $500 for either. I'll be doing the eBay thing with my bonus if and when I get my Full HD Pana, and so will potentially hundreds of others. Best to be one of the first if this is your plan. ^_^

Would anyone be able to tell me the best price they've seen for the G10 50" ?

I saw it at Good Guys, Taylors Lakes today for $2199 "final offer" ticketed price.

Secondly could anyone tell me what models these TV's in the latest Retravision catalogue are? I'm guessing the one on the right is a 50" S series...?

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4853/img0844j.jpg

Edited by TwisTz

Guest starquin
I just rang Sony in regards to this promotion and they told me that at the moment it's just a rumour and no info has come through mentioning anything about a PS3 Slim giveaway! They did say they have been getting a fair few phone calls about it though.

One thing of interest though is that the guy I spoke to said it might be worth holding out a little before purchasing. Now I don't know whether he genuinely knew nothing about it or he did (and wasn't letting on) and was hinting that it would be revealed soon. :unsure:

Hmmm, not sure.

Found this in another forum...

Hi, in case this hasn't been mentioned, the lastest Bing Lee catalogue has the Sony PS3 offer. It's listed on page 18 and in the advertisement, it has the BONUS PS3 along with the 3 year extended warranty (via redemption).

On the back page, the Terms & Conditions state the following.

BONUS PLAYSTATION 3: Promotion opens 22 October and closes 20 December 2009. The first 25,000 eligible claimants will receive a Sony 120GB PS3 valued at $499.95 (incl. GST). $25 incl GST P&H applies. Eligible models include;

KDL40W5500

KDL46W5500

KDL40WE5

KDL46WE5

KDL40Z5500

KDL46Z5500

KDL52Z5500

KDL40EX1

KDL52EX1

KDL40ZX1

KDL40XBR45

KDL46XBR45

KDL55XBR45

Interesting, I wonder if they will announce it on the 22nd. Myer has a deal going for 15% LCD TV's, including clearance items. They also just happen to have a 52Z4500 there for $3221. This runs out on the 25th. A free PS3 would be the icing :D

WTF? 52inch Sony LCD for 2900 and get free PSP?

Which store is that mate? All myers?

Yep, I reckon you will be lucky to get $500 for either. I'll be doing the eBay thing with my bonus if and when I get my Full HD Pana, and so will potentially hundreds of others. Best to be one of the first if this is your plan. ^_^

If I can get more than 500, i'd probably part with dvdr as i've got my pioneer dvdr... we'll see how ebay goes. I understand a heap will flood market, that's why i'll be getting in early.

may end up keeping it if no interest!

Found this in another forum...

Great! Thanks for posting that, at least now I can see some hard evidence that this promotion really does exist. (not that I ever doubted you kulfi :))

Here's a link to the Bing Lee catalogue if anyone's interested.

I'm looking at getting the KDL-52Z5500, and... IT'S ON THE LIST! :D

Edited by Dreamcazman

WTF? 52inch Sony LCD for 2900 and get free PSP?

It's a PS3 mate, not the "toy" PSP !

$2900 for a 52" LCD with a 3 year factory warranty and the PS3 Slim.

It's about time the jerks at Sony woke up and did something about their ridiculously high pricing.

I think that is $3221 including the 15% off (after) for the Sony at Myer.

Nope. Went in to buy it tonight. The only one they've got left is the floor stock with missing remote. The 15% discount is applied to make a total cost of ~$2793.

If anyone's interested I ended up not buying it, as the GF didn't want to buy floor stock. Going to get a 46Z5500 and wait for this PS3 thingo to become available. It's a hell of a deal though.

Unless I'm missing something the Panasonic deal seems a little bit unbalanced:

HT system RRP $1099

DVDR RRP $1099

Camera RRP $549

I wouldn't think too many people would be opting for the camera if that's correct.

I think the camera comes with other stuff such as a bigger sd card and bag or case i think.

Nope. Went in to buy it tonight. The only one they've got left is the floor stock with missing remote. The 15% discount is applied to make a total cost of ~$2793.

If anyone's interested I ended up not buying it, as the GF didn't want to buy floor stock. Going to get a 46Z5500 and wait for this PS3 thingo to become available. It's a hell of a deal though.

Damn, read the fine print. no Ps3 with the 52Z4500

Yeah, another reason why I'm sorta OK to skip it, still seems like a hell of a bargain tho, even without the PS3.

I wouldn't buy it either without the remote. TV's are pretty much useless without it these days.

The 4500 is last years model, hence why it isn't part of the promotion. $2800 is cheap even without a PS3, but a shame it isn't brand new in a box.

new to forums (dont think u guys needed to know)

i'm thinking of buying a new lcd tv to replace my 15 year old crt tv

i got my eyes on sony z5500 52 inch tv

what is a reasonable price for z5500 52 inch (i asked jb, they gave offer of $3900)?

the sony tvs now have 3 year warranty and ps3 but (second question), can anyone estimate how long the 20000 ps3's will last for?

i probably wont be able to purchase it until another 4 weeks but i'm afraid the ps3's will run out.

thanks for reading

to clear excess stock...perhaps

The Sony offer refers to current models. They want to sell a huge number of TVs over the holiday season and have been doing it on a regular basis. Stock clearance happens when new models arrive in March-May.

The post about the Z4500 referred to an old floor-stock ex-demo TV.

on a side note and not sure if its been covered......But if your in the market for a ps3....Hold off a little while, there will be a flood of them cheap soon with people who dont want there promo..same goes for the other redemptions.

I remember last Sony promo with free ps3`s, At the time the ps3 was going for $699. But could be had for $500 new off this very forum

can anyone estimate how long the 20000 ps3's will last for?

i probably wont be able to purchase it until another 4 weeks but i'm afraid the ps3's will run out.

thanks for reading

No-one knows how quickly they'll disappear. 4 weeks is a long time and they could be all gone by then, but then again there might still be a heap left.

If it helps you any, according to the GG catalogue, there will be 25,000 to giveaway. That is a helluva lot of televisions!

I'm hoping to get the DVD recorder will help with the SD issue. :)

Can anybody verify that this might work re upscaling SD to something more watchable ?

I find the HT offer more appealing, but I have a PS3 for Bluray and if the recorder makes a difference I could go for that instead.