Promotion Time

So the big three have all shown their cards right?

Samsung - 22" LCD

Panasonic - 5.1 Blue Ray system, or camera, or HDD recorder

Sony - 3years + Ps3 Slim.

Kulfi, can we expect anything else? or is now the time to buy until christmas?

Edited by soots

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodguys Flier just hit the ground here. It is showing the Samsung bonus TV's, the Sony PS3 extra plus 3yr warranty but no mention of any panasonic bonuses.

The prices have also sharpened dramatically, the 40" LCD's I have been looking at have dropped about $200 (it does mention that it is a 7 day sale). Bring on parity :lol:

cheers

jezza

Sony - 3years + Ps3 Slim.

Why haven't Sony stuck this on their website yet? It only appears to be a rumour at the moment and the only site I've seen a reference to it is on the ozbargain site.

I'm contemplating getting a new TV soon, so this could be the sweetening deal maker for me.

The Sony promo quoted on ozbargain refers to a start date of Oct 22. It seems they got it from the CNet site. I haven't checked it out so I can't be certain.

BTW Myer Eastgardens didn't have a clue about the Samsung promo, even though it started yesterday !

Soots,

I'm not sure if there'll be any other add-ons to these promos. You could hang around till November and make your move by then. Do remember that Sony's free PS3 offer is limited to 20,000.

The Sony promo quoted on ozbargain refers to a start date of Oct 22. It seems they got it from the CNet site. I haven't checked it out so I can't be certain.

Yeah I noticed that after posting :P Couldn't find anything on Cnet either.

I won't be getting a TV until after the 22nd so if it's true it should be officially announced by then. JB hadn't heard anything about this promo (only the 3yr wty) when I mentioned it yesterday.

Yeah I noticed that after posting :P Couldn't find anything on Cnet either.

I won't be getting a TV until after the 22nd so if it's true it should be officially announced by then. JB hadn't heard anything about this promo (only the 3yr wty) when I mentioned it yesterday.

I know you DO NOT want a Panasonic (I've been following your adventures) but for others who might be interested -

Someone on OzBargain (www.ozbargain.com.au) has posted a link to a site with the promo details.

Quick question...

With the Panasonic promotion is it a choice between the 3 options? A friend of mine believes that it might be a "prize" sort of deal where they pick for you.

JustKlapp are already advertising the promotion on their website and it says its your choice of item.

This time last week I was aiming for Samsung Full HD 50". But the Panasonic deal is much better than Sammy's. Starting to swing that way....

It's just the SD issue with the Panas that is confusing me !

I'm hoping to get the DVD recorder will help with the SD issue. :)

I just rang Sony in regards to this promotion and they told me that at the moment it's just a rumour and no info has come through mentioning anything about a PS3 Slim giveaway! They did say they have been getting a fair few phone calls about it though.

One thing of interest though is that the guy I spoke to said it might be worth holding out a little before purchasing. Now I don't know whether he genuinely knew nothing about it or he did (and wasn't letting on) and was hinting that it would be revealed soon. :unsure:

Hmmm, not sure.

Hmmm, not sure.

Maybe you missed my previous post. My local HN had put up labels on all Sony TVs saying "Free PS3 - ask us how" yesterday. The promo is coming but Sony is keeping quiet till the launch date.

Samsung was a bit more open about their promo, handing out flyers to customers in my local Westfield.

Maybe you missed my previous post. My local HN had put up labels on all Sony TVs saying "Free PS3 - ask us how" yesterday. The promo is coming but Sony is keeping quiet till the launch date.

Samsung was a bit more open about their promo, handing out flyers to customers in my local Westfield.

Yeah I saw that, but was still a bit skeptical ^_^ Why all the hush, hush, it's like talking to the secret service or something :lol: I guess this week would be pretty quiet if they blabbed about the promotion early, huh?

I had to ask them about input lag on the Sony models anyway.

Yeah I saw that, but was still a bit skeptical ^_^ Why all the hush, hush, it's like talking to the secret service or something :lol: I guess this week would be pretty quiet if they blabbed about the promotion early, huh?

I had to ask them about input lag on the Sony models anyway.

Interesting, I wonder if they will announce it on the 22nd. Myer has a deal going for 15% LCD TV's, including clearance items. They also just happen to have a 52Z4500 there for $3221. This runs out on the 25th. A free PS3 would be the icing :D