Promotion Time

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone on the inside know if the pana 50s10 will drop delow $2000. I seen Myer had the 50g10 for $2199. But tossing but between a 50s10 and the samsung 50" 5 series depending on what panasonic are giving away

I've been waiting for ages to get a big tv, and it now looks like I'm in the same boat... getting very excited about the promo's and prices atm!

Edited by bonndrew

anyone on the inside know if the pana 50s10 will drop delow $2000. I seen Myer had the 50g10 for $2199. But tossing but between a 50s10 and the samsung 50" 5 series depending on what panasonic are giving away

It had already happened 3 weeks ago. JB ticketed it at $1946, HN went down to $1936 with Myer keeping the door open for further negotiation.

It had already happened 3 weeks ago. JB ticketed it at $1946, HN went down to $1936 with Myer keeping the door open for further negotiation.

I went to harvey the very day after the jb sale ended on the sunday. Best they would do was $2289, GG`s were similar....

Would not budge on price, they offered the 46s10 for $1999 but i wanted the 50

I went to harvey the very day after the jb sale ended on the sunday. Best they would do was $2289, GG`s were similar....

If those idiots couldn't be bothered to sell TVs, it's their loss. You know exactly where NOT to go. I'm expecting a cash price of under $1900 for the 50" S10 over the next 4 weeks. Let's see if it happens sooner than that.

I had got Myer to beat HN's expired catalogue last year and they did it with a smile. Before walking into Myer, I tried BL, HN, JB (no stock otherwise he would've done it) and DSE without any luck.

The 50” 5 series was on sale for $2000 a year ago, with the dollar rising $1800 would seem a sharp price.

$1995 is Costco's regular selling price for the 50" 5, but my local Retravision claimed it was a $700 "saving". I checked it out thinking it may have been for the 6 series, which would have been a good deal.

Tossing up between the TH-P42S10A and the TH-P42G10A. Can someone explain in layman's viewing terms what the main differences are between these two?

Thanks

The G has a faster pixel flash rate (ie 600hz vs 550hz) in theory this gives better motion rendering. In general this means that the G is a slightly higher spec screen that the S, with more stable picture, although whether there is much difference on most material is debatable.

im no expert, but this is a load of bollocks isnt it?

There is certainly a lot of marketing spin in the specs that Panasonic and others put out :huh: . Mostly it's just designed to take you attention away from whet really matters .... picture quality. At the end of the day it only counts if you can see a difference.

Looking at the reviews the Panasonic G series gets better raps than the S series so the G series must have something going for it ... better video processing perhaps.

Guys,

I don't know if I'm speaking for everyone, but this is a promotion thread, and it feels like its been hijacked, almost this whole last page is about anything but what info most people would want to find out, don't mean to offend, just an observation.

Cheers Chris

Edited by Lanekau

myer had the 50g10 for $2199 to clear and makeway for the 50g15 which is avaible now/soon......is it part of the promo I dont know yet , I havnt checked the models for a while.

Looking at the reviews the Panasonic G series gets better raps than the S series so the G series must have something going for it ... better video processing perhaps.

According to everyone on here, as well as some online reviews, there is no PQ difference between G and S series. You shouldn't have to look far for more info...

Panasonic 50s10 is available on the VideoPro website for under $1993 at present.

So does anyone know the date when these promotions will start?

It starts on the 24th october. Its for full HD panels. There is a full page add in the herald sun today. It doesn't say what the products are but it said you have a choice of product.