Seaton Sound Speakers Owners & Discussion Thread

BladeRnR

Still waiting on a final quote from him mate but I suppose the longer I wait the better it's going to be for me due to the dollar. As obee just said the AUD might even reach parity with the USD which would be fantastic!

I'll update here when I've made an official order but it shouldn't be too far away.

Cheers

Blade

The $ is good while the US have stock; once they need to import raw materials, or completed components, I guess the prices will go up accordingly.

Good luck with it all.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance anyone knows the dimensions of the Submersive?

Width = 24.25 inch (615.95mm), Depth = 17.5 inch (444.5mm), Height = 25.5 inch (647.70mm) = HUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!!!!!!!

B)

Edit - bensl beat me to it....

Yeah I'm trying to put an order in but its been 4 days since I've sent an email....

Mark must be a very busy man....

Edited by GETREAL95

Width = 24.25 inch (615.95mm), Depth = 17.5 inch (444.5mm), Height = 25.5 inch (647.70mm) = HUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!!!!!!!

B)

Edit - bensl beat me to it....

Yeah I'm trying to put an order in but its been 4 days since I've sent an email....

Mark must be a very busy man....

i have been in contact with mark for the last few days, answering my many questions. i will be very interested to know what the total cost landed to your door works out to be. please keep us posted :)

**cough** *cough** group buy :ninja:

Edited by bensl

i have been in contact with mark for the last few days, answering many questions. i will be very interested to know what the total cost landed to your door works out to be. please keep us posted :)

Thats strange, via email?

I'll be ordering just one submersive for now, looking forward to his response, that's if i do get a response....

I should have used my own advice "Google is your friend"...as quoted by Mr Seaton himself "The SubMersive dimensions are 24.75" tall + 0.75" for the feet with a footprint of 23" x 17.5" without grills and ~24" x 17.5" with grills."

Suprisingly its slightly smaller than the PB13 ultra but can still outperform it (outisde of the PB's tuned area) from what i can understand the SQ is very similar if not slightly better.

Kind of embarrassing that we can get these for about the same price (if not cheaper) than the svs locally where as they are $500 more expensive in the us than the svs.

The 4+ week wait is going to be the killer though, have already been waiting 4-5 months to save the $$ for the svs and then heard about these subs

P.S. Blade, is it possible to get the specs etc for the cable you ordered from Factory Sound for your submersive so i can place an order for one with them?

Thanks

Edited by SkItZo

I should have used my own advice "Google is your friend"...as quoted by Mr Seaton himself "The SubMersive dimensions are 24.75" tall + 0.75" for the feet with a footprint of 23" x 17.5" without grills and ~24" x 17.5" with grills."

Suprisingly its slightly smaller than the PB13 ultra but can still outperform it (outisde of the PB's tuned area) from what i can understand the SQ is very similar if not slightly better.

Kind of embarrassing that we can get these for about the same price (if not cheaper) than the svs locally where as they are $500 more expensive in the us than the svs.

The 4+ week wait is going to be the killer though, have already been waiting 4-5 months to save the $$ for the svs and then heard about these subs

P.S. Blade, is it possible to get the specs etc for the cable you ordered from Factory Sound for your submersive so i can place an order for one with them?

Thanks

1. All the dimensions/details for each speaker model are in my very first post taken directly from Seaton Sounds Forum...

2. There are no specs for the cable. It's a PowerCON connector terminating in a standard 3-Pin Australian Plug. The only specification is the length. Read the thread for details on what the PowerCON connector looks like. Factory Sound (Hayden) will know precisely what you're talking about. The XLR cable is a standard XLRM (Male) to XLRF (Female) cable you can purchase on Ebay or alternatively order directly from Mark.

3. Read the thread from start to finish - my posts are often detailed as I am notating my experiences as I go.

4. There's a wealth of knowledge to be garnered form Seaton Sounds forums.

Come on - do some due diligence - you learn more about what you want to buy in the process :)

Blade

Edited by BladeRnR

Thats strange, via email?

I'll be ordering just one submersive for now, looking forward to his response, that's if i do get a response....

He is notoriously difficult to get hold of. There is an issue with sending E-mails to him from Australia as I found out early on in the journey. They are bounced back to you eventually (It can take up to 4-5 days for you to receive the failed E-mail message. Annoying.). The best bet is to join the Seaton Forum and PM him or call him directly in Chicago (As I did). He is in a very busy period right now training people to build/test his products and also obtaining a massive stock of parts to his lead times decrease. I am resigned to not expect the speakers until early next year but such is the case when you are purchasing a very esoteric product from a one man company. It is not a shop so do expect a long wait which may improve as time goes on.

Hopefully I'll be in a position to pay for my order within the next 2 weeks so when that's done I'll post again.

Cheers

Blade

Edited by BladeRnR

He is notoriously difficult to get hold of. There is an issie with sending E-mails to him from Australia as I found out early on in the journey. They are bounced back to you eventually (It can take up to 4-5 days for you to receive the failed E-mail message. Annoying.). The best bet is to join the Seaton Forum and PM him or call him directly in Chicago (As I did). He is in a very busy period right now training people to build/test his products and also obtaining a massive stock of parts to his lead times decrease. I am resigned to not expect the speakers until early next year but such is the case when you are purchasing a very esoteric product from a one man company. It is not a shop so do expect a long wait which may improve as time goes on.

Hopefully I'll be in a position to pay for my order within the next 2 weeks so when that's done I'll post again.

Cheers

Blade

Yeah PM'd him first then sent an email 2 days later.

Not in a hurry to get one and I assumed it may take a month or 2 to arrive, not going to use it for another 12 months anyway. Thought I'd get in now while the dollar is good...

Look forward to your setup!!!!

1. All the dimensions/details for each speaker model are in my very first post taken directly from Seaton Sounds Forum...

2. There are no specs for the cable. It's a PowerCON connector terminating in a standard 3-Pin Australian Plug. The only specification is the length. Read the thread for details on what the PowerCON connector looks like. Factory Sound (Hayden) will know precisely what you're talking about. The XLR cable is a standard XLRM (Male) to XLRF (Female) cable you can purchase on Ebay or alternatively order directly from Mark.

3. Read the thread from start to finish - my posts are often detailed as I am notating my experiences as I go.

4. There's a wealth of knowledge to be garnered form Seaton Sounds forums.

Come on - do some due diligence - you learn more about what you want to buy in the process :)

Blade

Actually, you missed the Submersive's dimensions, as well as the terraforms dimensions ;)

I have read through the 3 pages or so of this thread as well as looked over several other threads on avs and the seaton forums as well as a few other scattered forums, reason i was asking for info on the cable was because i had been unable to find pictures of the input on the amp for the sub, saw the connector that DArenberg had linked you to, saw you mentioning something about blue and grey connectors and was a bit lost/confused. I do put a fair amount of effort into what i purchase, especially when making a blind buy (Which is what most of my stuff has been due to the joys of living in perth) <_<

Reason i have selected the seaton submersive is because of the glowing reviews it has recieved in the states as well as comments that it can beat the PB13 outside of the PB's tuned range and people switching to the submersive over the SVS and not the other way around ^_^

I will try to spend some more time on the seaton forums, but unfortunately due to studies and work i dont have a whole lot of spare time :(

Anyway, thanks for your help :D

Actually, you missed the Submersive's dimensions, as well as the terraforms dimensions ;)

I have read through the 3 pages or so of this thread as well as looked over several other threads on avs and the seaton forums as well as a few other scattered forums, reason i was asking for info on the cable was because i had been unable to find pictures of the input on the amp for the sub, saw the connector that DArenberg had linked you to, saw you mentioning something about blue and grey connectors and was a bit lost/confused. I do put a fair amount of effort into what i purchase, especially when making a blind buy (Which is what most of my stuff has been due to the joys of living in perth) <_<

Reason i have selected the seaton submersive is because of the glowing reviews it has recieved in the states as well as comments that it can beat the PB13 outside of the PB's tuned range and people switching to the submersive over the SVS and not the other way around ^_^

I will try to spend some more time on the seaton forums, but unfortunately due to studies and work i dont have a whole lot of spare time :(

The most impressive thing to me is the number of people not just swapping from SVS but JL to the submersive! I can't think of many instances where the upgrade is almost half the price of the item it replaces.

Yeah PM'd him first then sent an email 2 days later.

Not in a hurry to get one and I assumed it may take a month or 2 to arrive, not going to use it for another 12 months anyway. Thought I'd get in now while the dollar is good...

Look forward to your setup!!!!

With the dollar the way it is these speakers become a very attractive proposition. Might even have some money left for a Processor upgrade :)

Cheers

Blade

Main Submersive thread on Seaton Sound (Includes specifications).

Seaton Submersive Thread

Blade

• 2 weeks later...
Main Submersive thread on Seaton Sound (Includes specifications).

Seaton Submersive Thread

Blade

Blade,

Really interested in this, the SubMersive is next on my list and if that goes as well as expected then I’d like to follow the route you’re taking, although I think I’ll have to spread the speakers out a bit.

I’m looking at an Arcam AV888 as the best pre amp with balanced outputs currently out there. But a cheaper pre amp and an SVS AS-EQ1 is also a possibility. I’m following this thread closely and with loads of interest. If you do have a get together then name the wine!

I've come from an SVS PC13 Ultra, to the JL Audio F113 and am now looking at the SubMersive so am aware of the path you've taken.

Cheers,

Chris

My cherry red (to match my Krix's) will be posted on the 13th to the 20th of November barring any delays so hopefully i will have it before christmas :D

That's great to hear mate. You'll no doubt get yours before I get my order but that's understandable given the size of the order and the fact I still haven't received a final quote (Perhaps in the next day or so). Typical that the Australian dollar is no longer at the heady heights of close to 93cents as it was a few weeks ago <_< . I have the $$$ sitting in my account ready to pay. Mark is really busy moving premises and getting his Customer Service up and going (Deperately needs that).

Keen to hear your impressions when you get the Submersive!

Cheers

Blade

Gidday,

I finally received the quote for:

3 Seaton Catalysts (Mains/Center) - $10,185USD

2 Seaton Submersives (Subwoofers) - $3790:00USD

2 Seaton Sparks (Rears) - $2,790:00USD

All relevant XLR-XLR & XLR-RCA Cables - $137:00USD

Gold Line 5.1 Toolkit DVD - Free

Shipping - $1850:00USD

Grand total is $17,033USD + $1850USD (Shipping) which @ .93 cents is around $20,297:00AUD. Still well under what I have budgeted for. Mark did an extraordinary job of getting the best shipping quote hence why it's taken so long to get back to me. I am a litmus test for such a large Australian order so I think you'll agree the shipping is very fair.

All up the shipping weight is approximately 360Kg's so I had underestimated it a bit ;)

Quote from Mark Seaton:

"The fully packed system will weigh in at >800 lbs (>360 kg), and is a very tall pallet..."

The order will be placed this week so I'm not expecting to have them before Xmas (Probably January).

The 2 dedicated 20Amp circuits are being installed by A1 Audio on November 17th so it's worked out perfectly.

All this for less than the cost of 2 Triad Platinum LCR's. Yeah, I know... :huh:

Cheers

Blade

Edited by BladeRnR

Hi All,

I thought I make a stop by as there has been quite a bit of very welcome interest from Australia in the past few months. Both SubMersives and Catalysts are headed your way this Friday and next (reduced freight shipping rates on Friday, but that can change monthly).

I do want to apologize for the slow or non-response due to a variety of issues, but the new office/warehouse we are starting to get settled into helps greatly to handle international orders and shipping. I am also stocking correct power cords (current ones I have are 2.5m in length).

Does the shipping quote also include insurance Blade ?

I currently ship international order by FedEx International Economy Freight. This is an economy air/express shipment, which typically arrives in 3-7 days + any customs delays. Any quotes provided cover freight and insurance excluding applicable duties and taxes. The declared/insured value must be the same, but I do make some effort to make things slightly less painful than full list price might suggest.

I very much look forward to the first impressions of those due to receive their subwoofers and speakers in the next few weeks. On first impression the DTV Forum is quite impressive with the amount of activity and the level of participation. Hopefully I can keep making some time to stop by. B)

-Mark Seaton

Hi All,

I thought I make a stop by as there has been quite a bit of very welcome interest from Australia in the past few months. Both SubMersives and Catalysts are headed your way this Friday and next (reduced freight shipping rates on Friday, but that can change monthly).

I do want to apologize for the slow or non-response due to a variety of issues, but the new office/warehouse we are starting to get settled into helps greatly to handle international orders and shipping. I am also stocking correct power cords (current ones I have are 2.5m in length).

I currently ship international order by FedEx International Economy Freight. This is an economy air/express shipment, which typically arrives in 3-7 days + any customs delays. Any quotes provided cover freight and insurance excluding applicable duties and taxes. The declared/insured value must be the same, but I do make some effort to make things slightly less painful than full list price might suggest.

I very much look forward to the first impressions of those due to receive their subwoofers and speakers in the next few weeks. On first impression the DTV Forum is quite impressive with the amount of activity and the level of participation. Hopefully I can keep making some time to stop by. B)

-Mark Seaton

Hi Mark,

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to visit us here @ DTV Forum. Your input, knowledge and expertise will be most welcome. I have had numerous PM's since starting this thread to track my Seaton Sound experience hence the large interest from Australia. Australia is after all a land of early adopters and I know many here are always on the look out for their next technology fix.

I am exceedingly excited about your speakers and will be posting a very comprehensive review once they have been setup (Including pictures). I don't think anyone here would let me get away with not reviewing them :)

Once again thanks very much for dropping by DTV Forum. I'm sure interest in your speakers will keep growing at an exponential rate.

Kind regards

Blade

P.S I think everyone here will agree the quote for the Seaton System is extremely competitive given each speakers abilities/specifications. You have filled a niche that has been sorely lacking here in Australia (And I'm sure in other countries).

Edited by BladeRnR

The order will be placed this week so I'm not expecting to have them before Xmas (Probably January).
Both SubMersives and Catalysts are headed your way this Friday and next (reduced freight shipping rates on Friday, but that can change monthly).

Me thinks xmas will be early

Me thinks xmas will be early

I don't think this order is Blade's, must be someone else here in Aus about to receive this awesome package.... ;)

Well done Blade on a kick ass setup for a kick ass price. Can only imagine how excited you are at the moment.. B)

Welcome Mark to the forums, as you can see there is a huge interest in the Seaton Sound products. Great to hear the new premises is up and running.

I'm assuming my 'package' is amongst the products leaving Friday... ;)

Looking forward to it.... B)