Camera & Photo Chat

[quote name=:)' timestamp='1377773767' post='1910262]

interesting story there, on how its quite likely given the sigma patent that they have designed the m.zuiko 75 f1.8 for olympus 4/3rd range.

Speaking of sigma.. Rumour of a 24-105 F4.. Now that will be something I'd grab... Hopefully it's not a bad joke.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why get the Sigma instead of the Canon EF 24-105 f4L? Price? :huh:

Already have the 24-105L. am interested to see at 24 if the sigma is better than the canon version.. If it is might as well get that (since my 24-105 have developed zooming creep)...

• 1 month later...

New 24-105 from Sigma: Linky

Bigger, heavier and possibly better than the Canon?

sigma24105-575x438.jpg

With a 82 mm filter, maybe this lens will vignette less at 24 mm... With my old 24-105 doing that focus creep it's probably time to upgrade to another 24-105 type... I pray this is the real deal..

(anybody in WA wants a cheap 24-105? I can sell this lens now since I hardly use it now)

• 3 weeks later...

Seems I'm talking to myself these days... Sigma 24-105, somewhat disappointing: Linky

I'm sure the softness could be fixed (via the USB doc), also less vignetting, less barrel distortion..

But somehow the Canon 24-105 is still better colours wise, less CA with the Canon too it seems.

its obviously the photographer, and it being loaded onto a Canon

those dark corners look more like filtering

Could be.. I'm still gonna say it's the Sigma and save me some money :P

unlike my 300kph quickshot focus, point and shoot in 1 millisecond, capturing not only the clocktower, but the exact frozen moment in time as i sped past

no dark corners, and no balsamic vinegar

dark corners comes in at ultra wide angles.. e.g. 24 mm on a full frame.. This is a bad problem on the Canon 24-105.. e.g. I can't put filters at all if I want to use the entire frame and to avoid the dark corners.. As you zoom in, the dark corners disappear..

I was looking for a reason to replace my old 24-105, now I can't find one.. :P

Could be.. I'm still gonna say it's the Sigma and save me some money :P

see below...

I was looking for a reason to replace my old 24-105, now I can't find one.. :P

how about the reason that you have no money...stops me every time!!

how about the reason that you have no money...stops me every time!!

It's already budged for :ninja:.. Gonna do more research and decide... It's a very versatile range which makes it pretty good for travel (with just that one lens)...

how much is it anyway? $1000 ?

About $900..

thought so

yeah but its wide angle, its not an allrounder for distance shots, you still need a good 50mm for up close and personal

Yeah.. Abs love that shot of yours :wub:.. I guess I just feel like buying something right now :P.... Thought of getting a Nexus 5 (just released), but then I already have a phone :D...

A sigma 24-105, or a fish eye 14, a 17-40 or don't spend money ...

Edit: BTW.. Some pics on the net. Pretty sure it's a Canon (gear and lens).. will see if they have exif when I go home later... Even with everything set to neutral, the colours shouldn't look that dull (on the sigma)... Or is Europe really that gloomy? :D :D

Edited by myrantz

That last pic, you notice the corner is a tad darker? :P That's vignetting..

Anyway, Nikon Singapore press event.. The DF camera is real... http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/11/05/nikon-df-first-impressions-review-is-this-retro-done-right?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=news-list&utm_medium=text&ref=title_0_0

That's one sweet old school camera.

top right or bottom left?

it has a polarising filter on it

Top left.. Did you use a slim polarising, or a normal (slightly thicker one)? No big deal for most cases, but with the Canon 24-105, the vignetting is pretty bad (even without any filter) at wide angle under certain conditions..

Hopefully next week I can take out my rusty camera for a spin.. Been a while since I took any pics :/

• 3 weeks later...

Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 & Premiere Elements 12

US$69.99 – boxed, or MAC or PC version

http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photoshop-Elements-12-Premiere/dp/B00EOQZB4G/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1385633283&sr=8-5&keywords=adobe

I bought the version 11 combo last year for the same price during Black Friday sales

It's saving of ~US$80. A fantastic price!

• 1 month later...

The Sigma 50/1.4 ART is out... Linky.

Abs love the Canon 50/1.4, but for some reason it has difficulty AF at night with the gear that I have.. Folks who wants to get a 50 mm prime should get this instead and tell me how it is :P...

Was fishing last week at a jetty and notice a couple of girls carrying multiple 5D3s, one of 'em has the 50/1.2L (probably doing a wedding shoot).. Damn that looked sweet!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody here got the Sigma 24-105? If yes, can comment?

no

so cant comment

:P

i have Sigma 10-20, a stock standard 18-55 and a 55-300 lens kit

...but i take some pretty impressive pictures

;-)

i have Sigma 10-20, a stock standard 18-55 and a 55-300 lens kit

That 10-20 on a Nikon mount is a fantastic lens...

Anyway, made a decision of faith.. Will skip the Sigma 24-105 for now... And if I still have a job by Sept this year, I'd get the new 16-35 F4 IS.. <3 <3

...but i take some pretty impressive pictures

;-)

Post in the pics thread :P