Camera & Photo Chat

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/size]

You bought something, DTV wins :wub:.. Now you need a extra 10-20 lens to get the 15-30 range...

just doing my bit for the local economy, treb, anyway house always wins

a 10-20mm might be on the radar, but at this stage i might just settle for software stitching. Need to weigh up pros and cons,...so go on con me lol

;-)

a 10-20mm might be on the radar, but at this stage i might just settle for software stitching. Need to weigh up pros and cons,...so go on con me lol

Like this London's one.. :) heh heh... Yeah, pp kindda can do what uwa lens can do these days...

thanks minty, pretty impressed with it so far, being non weather sealed is a bit of a worry. Might see if I can get some surf shots today with the 55-300mm, which gave me just that extra bit of clarity and range over the "all in one" 18-270 Tamron in the shop, I thought. It was noticeable, so Im happy with the dual lens solution.

( advantages of a walk in store when you dont know exactly what you want, or need to see something for yourself )

thanks minty, pretty impressed with it so far, being non weather sealed is a bit of a worry.

You're gonna use it underwater? :P Most camera these days will be splash proof, so it'd survive a light drizzle..

So did you get all the accessories? The most important of 'em all (for me anyway) - a good camera bag and a camera strap.

You're gonna use it underwater? :P Most camera these days will be splash proof, so it'd survive a light drizzle..

humidity treb, its ambient limits are 85% humidity, which means "warranty obligaton loophole"

So did you get all the accessories? The most important of 'em all (for me anyway) - a good camera bag and a camera strap.

naw, already have a basic bag, threw in a couple of SDHC cards from Officeworks, will have a good look for what sort of bag i need later, more interested in which software package for the panoramic stitching im going to need,

For traveling Mello, i went for a Lowepro Fastpack 250

It's got plenty of room for a DSLR with lens, an extra lens, charger & flash in the camera section. Then enough room for headphones and a hoody etc. in the top section, it's standard carry on luggage size, and also has a compartment for a laptop/iPad/passport etc.

It's not too big to carry around all day when doing the tourist thing. You only need remove one arm to get access to your camera.

It's not big enough for day to day use at home, but perfect as a travel bag IMO. I believe Lyle used the same bag on his recent Europe trip.

If you've got a trip coming up, it's currently sitting in a cupboard doing sweet FA :winky:

Pretty cool for those that think a phone is a good enough camera, or like so many people i saw in Europe taking tourist pics with an iPad.

Samsung Galaxy Camera

It's good enough for facebook :P... Played with this briefly a while back. Don't think I can find a phone app, but wondering if one can download a phone app from the app store and turn it into a phone (or is something extra necessary?)... My wife don't like it though...

• Moderators

hehe would be funny if the b stands for baby hehe. the m in the eos -m stood for mirrorless. seems this new model likely sit a step up from the eosm with a optical viewfinder and pop up flash ? be interesting what it ends up looking like :)

[quote name=:)' timestamp='1363603328' post='1872965]

hehe would be funny if the b stands for baby hehe. the m in the eos -m stood for mirrorless. seems this new model likely sit a step up from the eosm with a optical viewfinder and pop up flash ? be interesting what it ends up looking like :)

This is what some website speculates: linky

I hope it'd look more like those classic range finder bodies though.

If you had the choice of a used 7d or a 5d mkii for around the same money, which would be the better option. I see the mkiii is obviously rated higher but what about the mkii?

these guys do some interesting comparisons based on specced features

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon_EOS_5D_Mark_II-vs-Canon_EOS_7D

they say 5D MKII

If you had the choice of a used 7d or a 5d mkii for around the same money, which would be the better option. I see the mkiii is obviously rated higher but what about the mkii?

Sport = 7D for it's advanced quick AF, and speed.

Landscape and low light = 5d2 (still a great camera).

Depends on what you're shooting really...

Edit: arrgh beaten.. lol

Edited by myrantz

its wabbitt season, im shooting wabbitt

Did you get your camera yet? I'm not posting any more pics coz nobody post pics anyway... took me so long to get flickr working :wacko:

No more new pics anyway :P

yeaaahh, i said i did ages ago...D5200 i went with, been playing around with it, love it, nice feel, nice detail in portraits, takes some nice (theres that word again) landscapes, beach etc. Tried to upload a sample of my kitchen wall but the server spazzed out at the size of it

yes, larger Mp means much larger files ...averaging about 6.5Mp each photo. HD video is a bit jaggeddy , playing around with frame rates, SD cards to see if I can tweak that, but stereo sound is superb (at least i didnt say "nice" )

edit: i didnt have to wait for delivery i picked it up instore

Edited by mello yello

the d7000 was a huge monster of solid build professional quality, 5200 was a better option for me, looking for some decent stitching software next. I know theres Adobe Lightroom, probably will just get that

depends

"gee thanks mello" lol

edit: on specs 5D MK II

Edited by mello yello

great link mello thanks, you haven't posted any pics yet with the 5200. I'm probably doing both sport and landscape treb ie bikes and landscapes portraits etc

http://snapsort.com/compare

any 2 cameras you like (its a Saafrikan website)

pics are too large in their original format to upload here, and compressing them isnt going to achieve much, will probably do a Flikr thing in the near future...if i get some good surf shots

one thing though, it has this annoying habit of the flash popping up even in broad light, intermittently, and Ive noticed it wouldnt even use the flash, I can easily disable it, but theres nothing more annoying when youre trying to line up a shot and the flash knocks your cap off your head, did I say annoying ? downright embarrassing lol ...is it a fault ?

you haven't posted any pics yet with the 5200.

ok I took a couple of random shots outside my front window this morning

6f939448-1959-4a5d-9ad0-5cccffdb92db.jpg

I used the colour highlight feature in this one, notice how it highlights the redness of the flowers...used the 18-55 zoomed, great for portraits

• 6f4737d9-e65d-4ae6-987f-df9e4fcda9bb.jpg

this one is using the same lens but zoomed out, you can still make out the flowers and other detail

I'm probably doing both sport and landscape treb ie bikes and landscapes portraits etc

If you don't usually need > ISO 800 then go for the 7D. The strengths of the 5D series is the lower noise, but really if you shoot in RAW you can do PP somehow to reduce the noise, or use UWA lens like the 10-22 and so on..

The 5D2 has the same AF system as the 5D, and if so it can be a bit hit and miss for sports. If you set it to AI Servo then it's very good (for me) but that will drain your batteries :P...

Edit: Also, one thing with second hand bodies.. The shutter has a certain lifespan, so obviously the more actuations, the earlier you need replacing. If possible see if you can get a accurate read of the shutter count. or just get the 6D? :P Cheap cheap and FF goodness.

Edited by myrantz

I walked into Ted's last Friday for their 10% off sale, and nearly walked out with a D7100. The only thing stopping me besides no money, was I want to ensure there are no teething issues with it. From info and images I've seen, it looks as though Nikon have their QC under control again.

Did you get your camera yet? I'm not posting any more pics coz nobody post pics anyway... took me so long to get flickr working :wacko:

No more new pics anyway :P

Also a reason I don't bother posting many/any photos any more, I feel others aren't interested in crappy snapshots :yawn: :yawn:

EDIT: attached crappy snapshot with the P&S, just to annoy you all :)

8537788287_6f91c03890_b.jpg

Edited by Spearmint

Also a reason I don't bother posting many/any photos any more, I feel others aren't interested in crappy snapshots :yawn: :yawn:

I was wondering where you had gotten off to, I was hoping you were getting another batch of quality calendar material

as you can see above by my entry in the SLR market, we need you Minty!!!