Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Camera & Photo Chat

http://thenewcamera.com/?p=8907

5DMkIII, or 5D-X may be announced Feb 28.... It's on the web, it's must be true....

From an even more unreliable source, possibly 22MP, 61AF points, 7.5FPS burst...

And a [CR1] on canonrumors mentions $2,700 (US, presumably). More likely to be ~$3,7k :(

And a [CR1] on canonrumors mentions $2,700 (US, presumably). More likely to be ~$3,7k :(

hmm, that would put out of reach for me....for now..

honestly cant think why has to cost that much though. subsequent releases of 5D's have been cheaper. the 5D mk1 was over $5k when first came out. the 5Dmk2 is a $3.5k affair. I'd be surpised the 5Dmk3 wasnt $3k or less ! especially when consider just how strong our dollar is. and hopefulyl canon aus is trying to make sure their pricing competitive with overseas !

Ouch ! Ouch ! Ouch on the price ! Whets that mean when gets here ? I'd definitely have to sell my 7d to buy one

[quote name=:)' timestamp='1329957800' post='1783541]

Ouch ! Ouch ! Ouch on the price ! Whets that mean when gets here ? I'd definitely have to sell my 7d to buy one

Canon has adjusted the prices globally and likewise with warranty a while back. I believe price will be similar....

I still reckon a second body is a better idea... 1 CF with a fixed lens, and 1 FF with variable lens (or vice versa). Of coz we asians seem to think we have strong necks (I'm sure you've seen us with 3+ SLRs big guns on our necks :P)...

Having said that, not too sure I'd go after this TBH :P...

Who's buying?

There'll be some excellent deals on second hand mkIIs, I reckon.

Mine won't be one of them. There's nothing in the specs that is worth a $2000+ upgrade from the mkII. And $2k buys a lens I don't need, but want more. :blush:

There'll be some excellent deals on second hand mkIIs, I reckon.

IIRC not many 5Ds were on sale when MkII came out.. Maybe it will happen again?

Mine won't be one of them. There's nothing in the specs that is worth a $2000+ upgrade from the mkII. And $2k buys a lens I don't need, but want more. :blush:

I was actually hoping you would.. :( But then realistically I don't really see myself upgrading to a Mk2 (let alone 3) just yet... OTOH, people always need more lens... $2k lens, what is it? ^_^

hope globally they do set a good price in australia. not that becomes a $4.5 or $5k piece or something silly. Or I will go kogan or not buy at all ! not that canon probably care.

I doubt 5D owners probably upgrade. mostly I'd suggest its those who have been waiting patiently. or those like me that have always wanted full frame :)

really though in scheme of things its going to be just incremental to the 7D as well I would think. apart from the larger frame.

ps talking about lenses you buy and dont need ! . the 17-40L have probably used only about half a dozen times so far ! still love the thing though. I guess will come in handy when do need it !

I have a small war chest that, supplemented with the sale of my 7D, will come somewhere close. But, yeah, will be in the market.

Perhaps we could have a GB? :hyper:

~

... OTOH, people always need more lens... $2k lens, what is it? ^_^

Ask GB... :winky:

[quote name= :)' timestamp='1329962553' post='1783584]

... ps talking about lenses you buy and dont need ! . the 17-40L have probably used only about half a dozen times so far ! still love the thing though. I guess will come in handy when do need it !

Have you travelled yet since getting it? I imagine it would be a fantastic holiday lens, for wide scenery shots. I've noticed a lot of your photography (what you've posted anyway) is around the house, so wide is probably not really used much as you've found.

~

Perhaps we could have a GB? :hyper:

Do you have enough posts?

Um, it was a reference to the GB thread. :poke:

I spent the past 2-3 days staring at tiny dots thinking they're corydora eggs... :( Didn't really catch up on that thread unfortunately. :(

Have you travelled yet since getting it? I imagine it would be a fantastic holiday lens, for wide scenery shots. I've noticed a lot of your photography (what you've posted anyway) is around the house, so wide is probably not really used much as you've found.

Travel lens wise I reckon the 24-105 is a much more versatile lens. (and say a 70-300)... plus a 17-40 (still waiting for the Mk 2).

Difficult trying to get camera gear on flight these days as some folks are so ****y with carry on lugguge.. :(

Do you have enough posts?

He's GB... It's his calling... ^_^

~

~

nah...dont travel much anymore since changing jobs. now walking to work is far as gets ! holidays ? whats that ? yeah bulk of my shots are around the home in the garden, I dont post any of the family/kids stuff which might be for the odd outing beach, family gatherings partys etc. but yeah its all mostly family and stuff for me. I do love landscapes though and why got it. and agree with you has much potential !

~

Travel lens wise I reckon the 24-105 is a much more versatile lens. (and say a 70-300)... plus a 17-40 (still waiting for the Mk 2).

Difficult trying to get camera gear on flight these days as some folks are so ****y with carry on lugguge.. :(

~

love the versatility of hte 24-105, hardly ever comes of the 7D, but I think you got me there in what I'm working towards, 24-105, 17-40 and 70-300. sold my old 75-300. and hopefully can afford the 70-300 sometime to fill the gap. I like taking candids etc and reckon that would be mighty handy for that :)

[quote name=:)' timestamp='1329975437' post='1783654]

love the versatility of hte 24-105, hardly ever comes of the 7D, but I think you got me there in what I'm working towards, 24-105, 17-40 and 70-300. sold my old 75-300. and hopefully can afford the 70-300 sometime to fill the gap. I like taking candids etc and reckon that would be mighty handy for that :)

Me think so too.. Add a few primes, and will be set, for me at least... Now thinking of selling my 70-200F2.8 to get that combo.

Me think so too.. Add a few primes, and will be set, for me at least... Now thinking of selling my 70-200F2.8 to get that combo.

Dream combo would have to be 8-15, 16-35, 24-70, 70-200 and the new 200-400 (x 1.4 ext.)!!!

All the same, I'm leaning towards primes on my own dream list. I just wish that 14mm came in f/4 for $1k less...

[quote name=:)' timestamp='1329987673' post='1783716]

given the current 5D2 is $2499 USD,

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_5d_mark_ii

not really getting why new one would be $3,500 USD. I do hope they are wrong !

I hope it's at least that much more!

Edited by Mining Man

On a different note (and I swear I'm not trying to break my camera).. Any of you tried one of those wet cleaning products before? What product would you recommend?