Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Camera & Photo Chat

NEWS FLASH: Mr Piggy Bank got mugged last night. :o Police are closely monitoring activities at undisclosed addresses for sudden, unexplained activity of a commercial nature. ;)

Apparently the prime suspect in this crime has been seen closely monitoring the AU$ <-> HK$ exchange rate. :rolleyes:

Apparently the prime suspect in this crime has been seen closely monitoring the AU$ <-> HK$ exchange rate. :rolleyes:

You? Or me? I'm monitoring rates too, but it's not DSLR related.. :lol:

Prime? :wub: :wub:

24-105

:huh: U sure you dun wanna wait for the Mk2? Been rumoured so long, surely it'd be out sometime in the next few months....

:huh: U sure you dun wanna wait for the Mk2? Been rumoured so long, surely it'd be out sometime in the next few months....

There's never a good time to buy anything to do with technology. If / when the Mk2 is released there will be talk of another lens that has a similar / overlapping / ? focal length range and that will be "better".

As you pointed out, the current 24-105 biggest issue has to do with the shorter focal lengths / wider apertures (what lens doesn't?) but I wasn't joking about that not being an issue (remember I've got the 16-35). If I was to take a shot at the shorter end of the range, then I'll swap lenses.

Ideally, the lens I should be getting would be something like a, e.g. 50-90 but hey, life's tough!

Ideally, the lens I should be getting would be something like a, e.g. 50-90 but hey, life's tough!

Good points.. So I guess, it's congrats!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Your current bag still fit all the gear? Or you use two bags now?

And I love ur CC.. :lol: What's the rate for yours like?

There's never a good time to buy anything to do with technology. If / when the Mk2 is released there will be talk of another lens that has a similar / overlapping / ? focal length range and that will be "better".

As you pointed out, the current 24-105 biggest issue has to do with the shorter focal lengths / wider apertures (what lens doesn't?) but I wasn't joking about that not being an issue (remember I've got the 16-35). If I was to take a shot at the shorter end of the range, then I'll swap lenses.

You'll be pretty happy with it I reckon. The 24-105 and 5D your likely to get is probably the most popular pairing :)

Sure nothing is perfect. And yeah always something better around corner. Sometimes just have to decide to jump

Congrats !

Where you getting from in hk ?

I haven't pulled the pin yet but the front-runner is T Dimension. This is the same mob as here on eBay.

The big difference being that it's about $85 cheaper to go direct. OK, so no PayPal protection but a bloke at work went direct to them for his 7D and he had no problems. Yep, there is a risk but acceptable. And it's ~$600 cheaper that Teds - which has the best B&M price that I've found.

Why haven't I pulled the pin yet? I'm trying to talk myself out of doing it! :ninja:

Why am I doing it now when I said I'd wait a few of months? Finding out that lenses have a world-wide warranty and the current level of the AU$.

Edited by gone_bush

Turns out that I was wrong about the PayPal thing.

So if considering buying from this mob via eBay I suggest that you have a look at their website - it may just save you a heap of money. In my case, enough for a B+W :wub: UV filter for the lens - and then some. :)

Turns out that I was wrong about the PayPal thing.

So if considering buying from this mob via eBay I suggest that you have a look at their website - it may just save you a heap of money. In my case, enough for a B+W :wub: UV filter for the lens - and then some. :)

Good stuff GB,

whats the difference with the paypal thing, imagine ebay you get the ebay/ paypal (ie upto $20k protection). and direct if you use paypal you get paypal protection ?

Good stuff GB,

whats the difference with the paypal thing, imagine ebay you get the ebay/ paypal (ie upto $20k protection). and direct if you use paypal you get paypal protection ?

Not sure - I didn't take close notice. :blush: Just the standard PayPal site & a note re 45 days to raise an issue with them. At the very least, you do get a document trail as I got the normal PayPal email notification.

Hmmm.. Prices really not that far off in Australia...

Linky...

But would it be of any real use? Yeah, could take a few interesting shots but I think the interest would soon die.

But would it be of any real use? Yeah, could take a few interesting shots but I think the interest would soon die.

Totally agreed.. Need vs want vs waste.. :P I don't even think I know how to use it TBH, and on my camera it may be a waste because there isn't enough pixels.... But having said that, the RRP price is actually quite cheap (if they have stock)... This store PRA is one of the best stocked place in Perth that I know of though (unfortunately it's in those out of place location near the CBD).

Wash your mouth out!!

Logic and reason like that deserve no place in here!

Why, next you'll be suggesting a don't really have any need for the 100-400, macro, 17-40...

:P

Why, next you'll be suggesting a don't really have any need for the 100-400, macro, 17-40...

No 8-15 fish eye? :( :( :(

Seems nobody is at all interested in this lens.. :P Why?