Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Camera & Photo Chat

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/techniqu...rspective.shtml

interesting article here re video capabilities od DSLRs in the canon range,

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/techniqu...rspective.shtml

plus going through pros and cons, an interesting read :)

Aren't they the same link? Video still hasn't take off it seems.. But if/when I get a new body, I'm gonna focus on the "moving picture" concept... Pipe dream.. :P

Aren't they the same link? Video still hasn't take off it seems.. But if/when I get a new body, I'm gonna focus on the "moving picture" concept... Pipe dream.. :P

You might also want to wait until you get a new camera! :lol:

You might also want to wait until you get a new camera! :lol:

LOL....

ofcourse same link ! :P edited my original post.

dslrs for use as camcorders yes still limited, capable of excellent results. have made few home movies my self and given sensor size and better optics possible walk all over our hd handy cam for PQ. but yeah dslr a pig for useability. hopefully something they improve on in subsequent releases.

hi guys, wondering how do you keep your gear when home, I'm not talking about taking with you, for which I have a snout bag that takes the slr and zoom. but at home how I have my lenses stored along with flash is just in a plastic bag. wondering what others do ?

my slr and 24-105 likely always stay together in the snout bag, just looking for a case/bag for the 17-40, 50 1.4, 100L macro, plus the flash and a 70-300L when one day get around to getting one !

hi guys, wondering how do you keep your gear when home, I'm not talking about taking with you, for which I have a snout bag that takes the slr and zoom. but at home how I have my lenses stored along with flash is just in a plastic bag. wondering what others do ?

my slr and 24-105 likely always stay together in the snout bag, just looking for a case/bag for the 17-40, 50 1.4, 100L macro, plus the flash and a 70-300L when one day get around to getting one !

I put everything in a plastic box (don't think I need a climate or dry box) .. With two pouches of silica gel.. So far no fugus yet.. *touch wood*

I have one of these - waterproof so the gear stays there when I get home. Easy and convenient - when going out all I have to do is to grab one bag - and the tripod.

I have one of these - waterproof so the gear stays there when I get home. Easy and convenient - when going out all I have to do is to grab one bag - and the tripod.

Like the sounds of that one, how much and where from GB ?

Edit been able to find it on bhphoto,

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/4414...mall_Black.html

but anywhere local ?

Got mine from Teds - and it was expensive. The price in you link is waaaay less than what I paid (can't remember exactly).

Thanks gb, doesn't look like on teds website, might give them a call,

Yeah b&hphoto always do a pretty good deal, though shipping of something like this likely be a killer !

Looks like just the thing though.

Looks similar to what I use, although that might be too small in a couple of weeks. :ninja:

I also have this, which is still pretty handy for a single lens day trip option.

Looks similar to what I use, although that might be too small in a couple of weeks. :ninja:

I also have this, which is still pretty handy for a single lens day trip option.

Karachi ? Probably is Kevlar re enforced to double as a bullet proof vest :D

The crumples and the like be pretty Handy for this kind of thing I suspect.

Yeah on the move, often have a small back pack of sorts mm, but yeah keen to know what people store their stuff in when at home :)

Ps a couple of weeks hey :ninja:

~

... but yeah keen to know what people store their stuff in when at home :)

~

Leave it all in the backpack.

~

Ps a couple of weeks hey :ninja:

Yeah, haven't decided yet.

24 is too wide, and 105 is too short. Will try the two that sit either side. You've got one, GB has the other. :winky:

Thanks gb, doesn't look like on teds website, might give them a call,

Yeah b&hphoto always do a pretty good deal, though shipping of something like this likely be a killer !

Looks like just the thing though.

Yeah, shipping will be the killer. :(

I also have one of these. It's good for walking around when I don't need all the other stuff (flash units & etc). When I go on holidays (via car) I have both bags. Why? Because I have to room. And I can. :lol:

Leave it all in the backpack.

Yeah, haven't decided yet.

24 is too wide, and 105 is too short. Will try the two that sit either side. You've got one, GB has the other. :winky:

Your missus must be getting sick of repairing your pockets MM...... Money seems to keep burning holes in them!! :lol::P

Actually the Karachi looks quite good, certainly very versatile!

Pricey though...... :(

And yes, I do remember your.... *cough* handbag *cough* ...... seemed to work ok though.... :P

To answer your question Al, I just leave the camera + lenses in the small 'nosebag' style pouch I use to carry it around.

Your missus must be getting sick of repairing your pockets MM...... Money seems to keep burning holes in them!! :lol::P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nobody store their camera gear (esp lens) in a dry cabinet/box? Or Australia's typical dry climate don't need it?

Even in Perth, at certain months the humidity can go over 80%...

I store my lens in their retail boxes with a couple of silica gel packs in each.

For travel, I use a Lowepro backpack - a much older model, but similar in style to this. We've used it heaps of times as the 'normal' section above the camera gear carries lunches, drinks etc for day trips.

On a recent trip to the US, the back pack was sitting on top of all the suitcases in the back f a Ford Escape. Mrs diesel opened the tailgate and the backpack fell all the way to the concrete floor - probably +4 feet. I was in horror as it landed base first where all the camera gear was. Opened it all up, and everything was still as packed and fully functional. In a way I was heartbroken, because I couldn't use it as an excuse to upgrade to new gear :) but a definite fan of Lowepro bags now for sure.

She'd be lucky if it even made it to my pockets...

Actually the Karachi looks quite good, certainly very versatile!

Pricey though...... :(

~

There is a brand premium for crumpler, no doubt. But they are bloody good for what they are. I particularly like the way the Karachi loads from the inside face, so it can't be accessed by someone else while it's on your back.

It's damn comfy, too.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't you start! It was you that planted the 100-400 seed.

Gotta have someone to blame...

Don't you start! It was you that planted the 100-400 seed.

Damn good lens that! :P

I think Lucky Plaza still have some camera shops? Be wary of that place as the shops there are notorious for being rip offs.. But in theory you should be able to get a good price at SLS...

Also, 24-70 is due for a MkII soon... Still a great lens, but skip that if possible. Consider the 70-200F2.8IS MkII instead... :)

Edit: pricelist...

Note that the price quoted in the first few posts are from the more expensive shops. Others could be cheaper.

My sis recommended this shop: PA-HV: Parisilk (Central), 15A Lorong Liput | 6466-6002..

Disclaimer: Not sure how reliable my sister is... :P

I've just transferred some money back to Singapore, the rate isn't looking too good atm... :( Still high histroically though.

Tried fun an and lucky plaza. Lucky plaza had a shop that was quick to make an offer when I said they were too expensive but they still were not cheap. Finally went to Chinatown and had a guy drop his price considerably to $1800, but having heard the games they play quickly asked about it including everything in the box, whether it included tax, and whether I could take the box and pay for it ( knowing that often they 'need' to take it out back first) -he then said need to add tax on and that he wasn't sure he could do the deal but maybe $1900. I decided to wait and will buy myself something for Christmas instead. Will get our sauna fixed instead.

OK its a definite now apparently a new DSLR from canon on tue 18th oct. but should be the 1D

Which one?

I am 99% positive we’re going to see a new DSLR next Tuesday, all the clues are pointing that way and I’m willing to give it a [CR3] rating.

What camera? No [CR] rating on this yet.

Everything is pointing to a new 1D series camera, I am getting zero information from sources or from anywhere else on the web about any other camera. We started hearing 6 months ago that the next EOS camera would be a new 1D and the bits of information are all pointing that way again.

For now the best spec list I have is what I posted a few days ago.

16-18mp

Full Frame

ISO 51,200

Dual Digic V

Crazy frame rates of 12-14fps have been reported

61 AF points has also been reported

Stock levels of the 1D Mark IV also point me in this direction. It seems they are very much being built to fill orders. There doesn’t seem to be any excess stock too many places.

OK its a definite now apparently a new DSLR from canon on tue 18th oct. but should be the 1D

Oh, OK, if I must then I'll just have to make do with a 1D. :wacko:

Oh, OK, if I must then I'll just have to make do with a 1D. :wacko:

I wish...and I dearly do wish. but yeah even the tooth fairy likely not be able to swap my 7D for one of these :lol: