Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Camera & Photo Chat

Yeah, but then I might wanna wait a few months/years for the 'new' price to drop a bit :lol:

guys, if have waited so long. whats a bit longer. a 5D3 is coming...its either late this year early 2012. matter of months really ... :D

Couldn't wait any longer for confirmation that the 5D mkIII is coming, took the plunger and bought a 5D mk II. Geez does it do everything - I actually have to read the manual (at p78 so far....).

Couldn't wait any longer for confirmation that the 5D mkIII is coming, took the plunger and bought a 5D mk II. Geez does it do everything - I actually have to read the manual (at p78 so far....).

Canon rumors says next year at the present. So who knows. Yep can't wait forever ! congrats !!

Next year suits me better money wise !

Congrats!!!

Congrats - but you do realise that you've just become a potential victim of that dreaded disease upgraditis? :lol:

Almost everything. Doesn't make up for the photographer. Or at least, hasn't for me...

But, congrats!!! B)

Almost everything. Doesn't make up for the photographer. Or at least, hasn't for me...

But, congrats!!! B)

Wouldn't really know....... You hardly ever post any of your Blardy pics!! :P

Here we go Al...

Canon plans Hollywood event, ready to roll out the red carpet on November 3rd

Could this be the 5D3 - or a mirrorless camera?

Also, CR has this spec list for the new 5DS;

5D Mark III

24MP

Pro grade AF (not 7D like)

2 stops better ISO than 5D mk II

Digic V

6 fps

New video codec, not Raw. MPEG 4:2:2, new video functions such as tracking focus in video mode

Compact body with improved weather sealed

Same introduction price as the predecessor

Edited by diesel

+1... I actually liked the frog.... Give us some night shots! IMO one of the areas FF sensors really really shine...

So what would be a likely RRP for a 6D??

5DmkII RRP $3299

7D RRP $2399

6D $2899????

this isnt you is it Pete ? ? :o

( shot with a GoPro Hero HD on a VFR800 )

kids do NOT try this getting home !!

this isnt you is it Pete ? ? :o

pffft.. That's nothing...

Entire continent in 1 minute...

kids do NOT try this getting home !!

Now, kids, try to beat that... :P... :lol:

interesting comment that fewer megapixels = better, from Canon itself... A sign that Canon is giving up on the mega pixel race? Acknowledgement that consumers are slowing down their spending?

Did not do any actual measurements.. But looking at the 70-200F2.8 for example, I think one probably needs at least 18MP to maybe 20+ to fully resolve the details it can capture... Bloody great lens, but stupidly heavy too.... :( Really should have settled on the F4IS.. What was I thinking? :wacko:

Id like to see you do it

that was realtime

:P

Time laspe is harder... :lol:...

Retail Real time I'd crash in <5 seconds... :blush:

Edit:

retail... ppfft.. :rolleyes: Must resist urge to spend money...

Edited by treblid

pffft.. That's nothing...

Entire continent in 1 minute...

Now, kids, try to beat that... :P... :lol:

interesting comment that fewer megapixels = better, from Canon itself... A sign that Canon is giving up on the mega pixel race? Acknowledgement that consumers are slowing down their spending?

Did not do any actual measurements.. But looking at the 70-200F2.8 for example, I think one probably needs at least 18MP to maybe 20+ to fully resolve the details it can capture... Bloody great lens, but stupidly heavy too.... :( Really should have settled on the F4IS.. What was I thinking? :wacko:

the less is more is what they discovered with the quality compact cameras, increasing pixels reduced pixel size on the sensor...reducing low light capability and PQ ! all quality compacts are around 10MP as result :)

But more pixels is not necessarily bad - what is bad is more pixels / sq mm.

And don't forget the quality of the sensor. Let's face it, how much of the $'s spent on a phone is because of the exquisite quality of the sensor?

Presently in Singapore, looked around at EF lenses for Canon and couldn't find anything cheap. In general, having not been back here for some time now, Singapore seems to have become even more expensive than Australia and so even if I can negotiate someone down a little on price think with warranty and local support nothing seems worth buying here now - how disappointing, was hoping to get a good L lens at a reasonable price.

In genearl to me Singapore seems to have changed quite a bit and is less organised, more messy, poorly signed, than I remember it. In fact it is starting to become more like Malaysia now, except Malaysia still has good shopping. Oh well the oldest boy enjoyed Universal and the Night Safari.

But if anyone knows where a bargain can be had let me know as I tried Sim Lim and Funan prices seem similar, all start at around S$2K excluding tax for a 24-70mm L Lens or similar, and without knowing how far they can be negotiated it is hard - should have bought treblid with me :D

Edited by SDL

In genearl to me Singapore seems to have changed quite a bit and is less organised, more messy, poorly signed, than I remember it. In fact it is starting to become more like Malaysia now, except Malaysia still has good shopping. Oh well the oldest boy enjoyed Universal and the Night Safari.

It never changed.. It's still the same old crap as before.. :ninja: But it's getting harder and harder to hide the flaws now.. Now you know why I'm here...

But if anyone knows where a bargain can be had let me know as I tried Sim Lim and Funan prices seem similar, all start at around S$2K excluding tax for a 24-70mm L Lens or similar, and without knowing how far they can be negotiated it is hard - should have bought treblid with me :D

I'd check with my sis and get back to you... I never buy my camera stuffs in Singapore though as I already got 'em first in HK... TBH you may get a cheaper price if you buy it here ni Australia with your air tix then claim the GST when you're at the airport.

I think Lucky Plaza still have some camera shops? Be wary of that place as the shops there are notorious for being rip offs.. But in theory you should be able to get a good price at SLS...

Also, 24-70 is due for a MkII soon... Still a great lens, but skip that if possible. Consider the 70-200F2.8IS MkII instead... :)

Edit: pricelist...

Note that the price quoted in the first few posts are from the more expensive shops. Others could be cheaper.

My sis recommended this shop: PA-HV: Parisilk (Central), 15A Lorong Liput | 6466-6002..

Disclaimer: Not sure how reliable my sister is... :P

I've just transferred some money back to Singapore, the rate isn't looking too good atm... :( Still high histroically though.

Edited by treblid