Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Camera & Photo Chat

no buyers on this here, so I stuck it on ebay, a few bites already :D

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...=STRK:MESELX:IT

I noticed one like it jsut sold for $221 so hopefully goes for something similar :)

ending tonight. so far going well, but still a chance to grab a bargain :)

For those folk researching a new lens, here is something that will really muddy the waters: Canon Announces EF-S 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS II. But it's an EF-S lens so not for those contemplating a 5D3.

hm yes have tuned out of EF-s lenses now. my destiny definitely is full frame.

damn that 17-40 IS rumour though. as I'd be trying damnest to get the non IS version now ! but yeah mining man is right I should jsut hold off. the 5D3 will be here should save my cash for that, and 24-105 will still do reasonable wide on a FF in any case :)

oh gawd,

I want this... :(

Kind of disappointed they may cut the 1D series.. Because that's something I may consider, at the right price....

It's that extra vertical grip that I like. It just makes everything so balanced, like a good fishing rod+reel... Joy to use, despite the weight...

That would be nice!

circa $2.7k?????

I doubt that.

7D: $2.4k

5D2: $3.6k

1D4: $7.3k

1D3: $10.0k :o :o

So if the 3D does fit in between the 5D and 1D then $3.6k < 3D < $7.3k

Personally I doubt that there will be a 3D any time soon.

hi diesel, yeah wishfull thinking, but more like north of $3k whereabouts :unsure:

its still mostly rumour speculation in anycase !

5D2: $3.6k

That is with the 24-105? I think without that it's cheaper.. I'm nearly tempted to get it but baulked becoz of you guys... :/

Now if the rumours of 1D gone is true, Canon must need something to fill the void, something that can do 10+ fps and not 1.6x. 1Ds can't do it, 5D2 can't do it, etc. They need something.

Disclaimer: Pure speculation... :P

All prices taken from canon.com.au (body only) so no doubt can do better.

Edited by gone_bush

That is with the 24-105? I think without that it's cheaper.. I'm nearly tempted to get it but baulked becoz of you guys... :/

Now if the rumours of 1D gone is true, Canon must need something to fill the void, something that can do 10+ fps and not 1.6x. 1Ds can't do it, 5D2 can't do it, etc. They need something.

Disclaimer: Pure speculation... :P

Can't imagine them getting rid of the 1D. It's the flagship that at the very pinnacle for so many years would be a disaster for canon to kill off. But yeah can see place for a 3D. Especially if it had shock horror 3D capability which seems all the rage at the moment hehe

The eos 3 from the film days was a popular model in their range, can see a return, I could never afford the eos best I got to own was the eos 33 which was it's under ling :)

Toys? Did someone mention toys? :huh:

hehe, is that for canon as well or just olympus / sony they mention.

one thing have never managed with canon DSLRs is why they dont do a decent wireless remote :mellow:

Yep, Canon as well. Apparently it's just a different cable.

Apropos of nothing, but have you heard that the best way to rid yourself of temptation is to give into it? :huh: And you are not to mention SACDs! ;)

Yep, Canon as well. Apparently it's just a different cable.

~

I still dont understand why they have to be cabled, why dont canon just make a blue tooth or ir remote ?

~

Apropos of nothing, but have you heard that the best way to rid yourself of temptation is to give into it? :huh: ~

its what I keep telling myself....jsut a little too often ! :o

~

:huh: And you are not to mention SACDs! ;)

:P:lol: