Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Camera & Photo Chat

surplus to my needs,

got a canon 28-105mm f3.5-4.5 USM zoom lens. in as new mint condition with original packaging and box.

this is same construction and build quality to the 50mm 1.4 so solid thing one of the japanese made lenses, unlike the cheapy chinese made light weight stock lenses get with the cameras and be a good step up from them. In use its a good versatile lens if walking around especially travelling.

was $509 new am thinking $200 posted, drop me a pm if anyone interested. can post around australia.

few pics here,

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?s=&...t&p=1674558

a few reviews,

http://photo.net/equipment/canon/28-105

no buyers on this here, so I stuck it on ebay, a few bites already :D

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...=STRK:MESELX:IT

I noticed one like it jsut sold for $221 so hopefully goes for something similar :)

Good luck with the sale.. :)

Cash for the upcoming 1Ds MkIV in Aug... :P :P Apparently there's one now in HK somewhere...

:o yeah right ! :P

I sold my 20-35 wide zoom over the weekend, so if can sell this as well and remanants of my breville coffee machine might be able to cobble together enough for a 17-40L, but then rumours are there is a 16-40L IS coming :huh: but no doubt at a price I wouldnt be able to afford in any case :lol:

:o yeah right ! :P

I sold my 20-35 wide zoom over the weekend, so if can sell this as well and remanants of my breville coffee machine might be able to cobble together enough for a 17-40L, but then rumours are there is a 16-40L IS coming :huh: but no doubt at a price I wouldnt be able to afford in any case :lol:

If it's F4, it shouldn't be too exy. Can't remember where I read it, but some guys did some measurements, the 17-40 at it's widest angle actually is around 16mm.. Eventually i'd get this lens as well... Eventually.. hee hee.. speakers first...

If it's F4, it shouldn't be too exy. Can't remember where I read it, but some guys did some measurements, the 17-40 at it's widest angle actually is around 16mm.. Eventually i'd get this lens as well... Eventually.. hee hee.. speakers first...

Group buy?

:blush:

Group buy?

My wife will kill me.. I know this photo journalist in HK, apparently he can give me pretty good prices... Unfortunately he is also my wife's cousin... :lol::(

Group buy?

That's an interesting thought. Not in the market for another lens right now, but 5D3 - hmm! :rolleyes:

That's an interesting thought. Not in the market for another lens right now, but 5D3 - hmm! :rolleyes:

Was just about to spring for the 5D II when I discovered the number of rumours about the 5D III. Dang! now have to hold off making purchase for a few months....

Was just about to spring for the 5D II when I discovered the number of rumours about the 5D III. Dang! now have to hold off making purchase for a few months....

I had the same thought 12 months ago. Clearly not for very long though. You have to buy eventually... :blush:

Was thinking 17-40 is funds allow, but then rumours of update for that as well ! How long to keep waiting. With my pj sucking up funds doesn't look like can do a 5d this year in anycase...unless tax man is extra generous ...highly unlikely hehe

Was thinking 17-40 is funds allow, but then rumours of update for that as well ! How long to keep waiting. With my pj sucking up funds doesn't look like can do a 5d this year in anycase...unless tax man is extra generous ...highly unlikely hehe

Was tossing up between 17-40 or 100-400 next (or maybe 100 macro :rolleyes: ).

Any rumours on the 100-400? I'll hold off on the rumour models.

Hmm, does that make the macro the best one? :lol:

Was tossing up between 17-40 or 100-400 next (or maybe 100 macro :rolleyes: ).

Any rumours on the 100-400? I'll hold off on the rumour models.

Hmm, does that make the macro the best one? :lol:

no rumours on the 100-400 that I can see :)

the 100 macro is a beauty, and not that expensive for an L

if my 28-105 sells, whcih it looks it will seriously tempted on the 17-40. just my luck the day I buy it the next day a new version will be out. rumour is 3 new lenses in aug, so maybe will wait till then :)

no rumours on the 100-400 that I can see :)

the 100 macro is a beauty, and not that expensive for an L

~

Macro not really something I've thought much about. Of course, I could get some sexy cart shots, but then I wouldn't have money left over for a sexier cart.

I'm finding 105mm a bit short on a FF, so the zoom makes more sense. Not that silly money on hobbies I'm crap at is a lot of sense to Mrs MM... :blush:

~

if my 28-105 sells, whcih it looks it will seriously tempted on the 17-40...

Put the money towards the 5D3 and you'll get a true 24mm out of your 24-105mm and won't need the 17-40mm!!

Nah, get both. 24-105 suffers a little vignetting at the wide end. Probably only in crap hands like mine, but that's my excuse for the 17-40 sometime down the track too. :ninja:

Macro not really something I've thought much about. Of course, I could get some sexy cart shots, but then I wouldn't have money left over for a sexier cart.

I'm finding 105mm a bit short on a FF, so the zoom makes more sense. Not that silly money on hobbies I'm crap at is a lot of sense to Mrs MM... :blush:

Put the money towards the 5D3 and you'll get a true 24mm out of your 24-105mm and won't need the 17-40mm!!

Nah, get both. 24-105 suffers a little vignetting at the wide end. Probably only in crap hands like mine, but that's my excuse for the 17-40 sometime down the track too. :ninja:

:lol:

your probably right...either way :D

105 would definitely be short on zoom. I sold off my old 75-300m to some who could put it to better use :rolleyes:

but yeah can see one day getting something with more zoom, then I'll be tossing up 70-200 or 70-300 both good lenses and theres also the 100-400 which seems well liked as well just to confuse things !

I've been reducing my lens horde slowly, now down to 24-105, 50 1.4 and my 100mm macro. and thats once the 28-105 moves along :)

It'd be worse on mine... yeah 24 is a bit bad if you put on a UV filter... Try the B+W ultraslim (think that's the name).. The downside of that is it needs a different lens cap... :wacko: Just cannot win....

I've been reducing my lens horde slowly, now down to 24-105, 50 1.4 and my 100mm macro. and thats once the 28-105 moves along :)

You can't go wrong with a collection of F4s.... ala travel pack...

For me, I want 17-40F4 IS (i.e. rumoured mkII), 24-105F4IS, 70-200F4IS. 1.4x, 2x teleconvertors..

Then at home use a 70-200F2.8, 100F2.8 macro...

:wub: :wub: