Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Camera & Photo Chat

Absolutely. I have one day to figure out how to take photos of cars doing 250 kph. Either that or I'll just get them while there in the pits.

No babes? :P

Damn! I didn't even think of that. Grid Girls!!! :wub:

Just a shame my twin step-granddaughters will be there too.

Absolutely. I have one day to figure out how to take photos of cars doing 250 kph. Either that or I'll just get them while there in the pits.

It's apparently an early fathers' day present which I'll have to pay for myself. What is it with that?

hehe used ot head out to the track a fair bit when younger myself doesnt seem that long ago ! hehe, dont get any time now. but yeah not easy catching things at speed. have to follow them in a pan or best try to catch a shot while theyre either coming upto to you or going away :)

hehe there'll be plenty at the tracks especially if can sneak around the pits which they usually dont mind with the V8s unless things have changed !

What apps are people using to process their photos?

Aperture? Photoshop? Anything else?

While I agree with this sentiment, I think for beginners the minor compromises are easily overlooked when you have one lens that does it all instead of having to carry 2 or more lens and having to switch them all the time. Achjimmy is only looking for an all-rounder entry level setup.

Small steps Al. Let him get a taste for it and then we can watch hime grow his lens fetish! :ninja:;)

Mick only fetish I have is for her

Didnt get out today, going to check some cameras out tommorrow. but another plan that is hatching is to get one of these body only for $550 and a friend has offered me this lens for $250 with a UV filter.

Damn! I didn't even think of that. Grid Girls!!! :wub:

Just a shame my twin step-granddaughters will be there too.

If the twins are still in a stroller they'll be a babe magnet ;)

have to follow them in a pan or best try to catch a shot while theyre either coming upto to you or going away :)

+1 one this approach.. pan & scan...

Sorta what I mean about not freeze framing for sports.... Of coz not all sports can work with pan and scan).. But pan and scan works well for cars...

Maybe too cliche so can mix around a little.

Freeze and zoom prob works best for babes.. :P

You have exquisite taste! :wub:

If the twins are still in a stroller they'll be a babe magnet ;)

They're 12.

Didnt get out today, going to check some cameras out tommorrow. but another plan that is hatching is to get one of these body only for $550 and a friend has offered me this lens for $250 with a UV filter.

Best thing to ever come out of Newcastle!

That's a great price for that lens! Only issue I would put forward to consider with a super zoom is that when attached to the small 1100D body, it may feel a little front heavy. Check with the lens that it's not suffering from "lens droop". It's a bit hard to avoid with cheaper bigger zoom lenses, but can be a pain IMO.

They're 12.

Scratch the stroller plan then :blush:

Time to hatch PLAN B! Look everyone. Is that an F18 flying overhead!

Quick, while everyone is distracted.... :ninja:

a few quick snaps with the 17-40L in the garden to catch the morning sun :)

spring has pretty much sprung !

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?act=att...st&id=12039

quick shot up the sky - no sign of vignetting !

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?act=att...st&id=12040

lets see how captures whites and a bit of blur of the background

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?act=att...st&id=12041

cat has come to investigate

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?act=att...st&id=12042

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?act=att...st&id=12043

magnolias are in full bloom

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?act=att...st&id=12044

I like that it has the rich capture of colours L series do with the bright colour of the flowers and blue sky. also like with the additional width of this lens that can get some shots close quarters eg with the cat and with the magnolia. something wouldnt have been able to do with the 24-105 without stepping back out of the scene. didnt really test for depth of field or anything just a few quick shots with the morning sun :)

What are that two blots? (at the top)..

Looks like bugs or leaf debris caught in the spider's web. Definitely not dust spots IMO.

Edited by diesel

Looks like bugs or leaf debris caught in the spider's web. Definitely not dust spots IMO.

yep got it, bugs in the webs :)

yep got it, bugs in the webs :)

How big is the spider? :ninja: Can get a close up pic with the 100m macro?

How big is the spider? :ninja: Can get a close up pic with the 100m macro?

hehe its hiding someplace no idea, can just in the pic see a strand or two of its web.

we went to the zoo this morning. was a lovely day for it, took the slr with the 17-40L on it. wasnt trying to take pics of the surroundings or animals. a long zoom probably better for that. was more for capturing a few family moments while there. and must say in that role it worked very well.

did take a few pics of surroundings still that it also did a good job on :)

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?act=att...st&id=12057

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?act=att...st&id=12058

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?act=att...st&id=12059

not thoroughly thrilled with the last shot or one other where there is a duck pond, deleted it maybe should have kept to post. but sun can just wash out these shots...any one have any technique for these. to my eyes both were lot greener in person, just with the shot they come a lot more washed out from dashes of sun light. I tried the circular polariser on the duck pond too (in the shot I deleted) but that just wouldnt help it much either. with just too much overhead sun my photography just seems to go to cr@p !

Long tiring day at the V8 supercars. Over 800 photo's taken. First look and they look great. Will sort through them and post the best.

Long tiring day at the V8 supercars. Over 800 photo's taken. First look and they look great. Will sort through them and post the best.

Don't bother with the boring stuff like cars! ;) You know what we want to see! :rolleyes:

Don't bother with the boring stuff like cars! ;) You know what we want to see! :rolleyes:

:lol:

800 shots ! wow fmb you really have gone all out. good luck sifting through :)

:lol:

800 shots ! wow fmb you really have gone all out. good luck sifting through :)

Yeah, will want to have good photo management software! :o

Slight correction. Copied them to the PC and there's actually 1,307 photo's. Some didn't work (man those cars are fast). Some of them are incredible. Noticed a few where the camera picked the wrong focus point so I got a really clear shot of the back of some guys head.

I will sift through them tomorrow and post some.

No shortage of scantily clad young ladies, but I didn't feel that comfortable taking their pic.

No shortage of scantily clad young ladies, but I didn't feel that comfortable taking their pic.

But now that the "deed most foul" has been performed, post, post, post! :lol:

of course not, not if youre wearing baggy khakis...they show all the "wrinkles" :mellow:

must have been very hard for you :huh:

must have been very hard for you :huh:

I was with two of my sons and twin 12 yo girls. I couldn't exactly say "stop while I take pics of these hot chicks"