Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Camera & Photo Chat

damn you GB ! :ninja:

Too late - my soul already has Beelzebub's bar code on it! :o

oh gawd...

Announcement(s) Soon

I’ll be posting more of the random stuff I get daily. Things are starting to heat up a bit as announcement season is nearly upon us.

Random Info:

Canon Australia has sent CPS management to Singapore for product training. [CR2]

Any Canon announcement will come after Nikon’s announcement on August 24, 2011. [CR2]

5D Mark III’s are in the wild and an announcement is imminent [CR1]

1D Mark IV’s are out of stock or hard to come by in certain countries. A retailer in New Zealand actually said they won’t be getting any more. [CR1]

1Ds Mark IV resolution correction, I’m told it will actually be 36mp.

oh gawd...

:snigger:

But I don't think we'll see the 5D3 until 1Q12. Oh, wait, you're after the new 1D?! Geez!!! :o

:lol:

:snigger:

But I don't think we'll see the 5D3 until 1Q12. Oh, wait, you're after the new 1D?! Geez!!! :o

:lol:

oh yeah ! diamonds on the sole of my shoes too :lol:

there is some news re 1D though,

http://www.canonrumors.com/

perhaps some clues to 5D3 ? :unsure:

anyways, ps guys anyone tried an iphone/ipad app for tethered control of your canon slr ? it seems a couple of apps around at least ? apparently hook up to your slr via usb cable and lets you do things ...im curious !

anyways, ps guys anyone tried an iphone/ipad app for tethered control of your canon slr ? it seems a couple of apps around at least ? apparently hook up to your slr via usb cable and lets you do things ...im curious !

Seems they are transporting to Android too!

Seems they are transporting to Android too!

thats the kind of thing talking about jsut wondering if anyone is using any iphone/ipad equivalent :)

If guess that such apps _might_ make shooting easier. My opinion is people should learn how to use the controls of the camera. Why duplicate them? Really, they are not that hard to use - unless you are only using your camera once in a blue moon and the Alzheimer's effect takes over.

As for tethering for preview purposes, I see no advantage over the camera's screen. Both are way too small for any critical viewing of a shot. For example, when doing macro stuff it is a LOT easier to judge the quality of a shot on the larger screen of a tethered PC than using the dinky magnification options on the camera. The camera preview gives a good overview of any shot and, together with the histogram, gives a _indication_ to the shot's quality.

Sorry, but that's all you get for 2c! :P

If guess that such apps _might_ make shooting easier. My opinion is people should learn how to use the controls of the camera. Why duplicate them? Really, they are not that hard to use - unless you are only using your camera once in a blue moon and the Alzheimer's effect takes over.

As for tethering for preview purposes, I see no advantage over the camera's screen. Both are way too small for any critical viewing of a shot. For example, when doing macro stuff it is a LOT easier to judge the quality of a shot on the larger screen of a tethered PC than using the dinky magnification options on the camera. The camera preview gives a good overview of any shot and, together with the histogram, gives a _indication_ to the shot's quality.

Sorry, but that's all you get for 2c! :P

Hi gb yeah am just curious i guess. The live view side doesn't interest me that much. Since as you say screen on camera not that much smaller than iPhone. Hooked upto iPad though could see benefit in some scenarios.

My main interest is using as remote controller to camera. Eg whether viable alternative to traditional other tethered means. Whether being tethered to iPhone iPad brings some additional benefit if something someone has tried be keen to know.

If the app you're referring to is DSLR, then from that source:

With your supported camera connected to a computer running the lightweight onOne DSLR Camera Remote Server application...

So your camera is already tethered to the PC / iPad / whatever - why wouldn't you use software on the PC / iPad / whatever?

I have done this in the (distant) past and the tool I used under Linux was gPhoto(?). IIRC, it was pretty painless. Hmm, note to self: have a play with gPhoto when have a few spare minutes.

BTW: Not exactly a cheap app either!

This is a shameless plug for T Dimension.

Ordered the 24-105 on Sunday morning, it was delivered Wednesday morning. Great price and great service.

The only slow bit was that I didn't get the email from them saying that the lens was shipped and telling me the tracking number until mid-Tuesday. Aw, shucks!

Obviously this is a mob that I can highly recommend!

hmm my order was last friday, only got an order confirmation, nothing on whether shipped or not. They did say 3-5 days shipping. Nothing received as yet a week later. have dropped em an email. hopefully just delayed and turns up early next week ! :huh:

5D2? :huh:

dont be silly :ninja:

I'll be waiting for something with a 3 in it :P

I really didn't think so, but...? :huh:

apparently there was by mistake a 6D on the canon aussie website this week. so who knows really :huh:

Come on Al, that not what I meant. Spill the beans - what have you ordered? :huh:

Come on Al, that not what I meant. Spill the beans - what have you ordered? :huh:

this might give you a hint ! :D , very prompt reply from them, top marks for service :)

Sorry for the delay.

There was some error on our system and we only received your order yesterday afternoon.

It can be shipped out today.

And you should be receiving it early next week.

A T-Dimension UV filter will be included as a good will gesture.

Really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Should you have any queries please feel free to contact us.

come on should be an easy guess. what have been umming and ahhing for months :D

fisheye

Edited by diesel

this might give you a hint ! :D , very prompt reply from them, top marks for service :)

17-40 or 16-35?

17-40 or 16-35?

Yeah, fess up Al...... Wadya get? :huh:

I really must dig out my 60D and give it a whirl sometime soon, I planted some Kangaroo Paws in the garden for some colour, the label said they would flower 'profusely'...... They weren't kidding!! :P

The poor old camera is a bit like my house and Media room..... I spent an absolute forutne aquiring them but am never around to actually use them..... *Sigh* :(

Finally managed to get out this arvo.....

Although the light wasn't great at least it had stopped raining for a bit! :P

Kangaroo Paws Galore! :)

Here,

Here,

Here &

Here

They come in Black as well. :ninja:

I like Tree Ferns too...... :P

Hmmmmm....... I really need to get some better image re-sizing software, they've lost a bit in the shrinking....... :(

Yeah, fess up Al...... Wadya get? :huh:

~

ok ! anti climax !

17-40 L :D

most seen that coming. but yeah am still waiting :(

Here,

Here,

Here &

Here

Hmmmmm....... I really need to get some better image re-sizing software, they've lost a bit in the shrinking....... :(

nice !

yeah your right image re sizing sucks. havent got a decent solution either. used to use acdsee in the pc days and that did a great job. but with iphoto not sure what scheme it uses but resizes suck !

ok ! anti climax !

17-40 L :D

Nice one - sure you'll be happy with it. Does SHMBO know? No small body parts added to the freezer? :lol:

But I think I'd be a bit wary of the free filter. No use spending mega-$'s on a lens just to put a 20c piece of glass in front of it.

I'm still waiting for the UV filter for my 24-105 - T-Dim don't stock B+W :wub: filters. :(

Here,

Here,

Here &

Here

Some nice images there. The 15-85 is really a very good lens for the price. Now, for that work, you really need a maco lens, say the 100mm? :P

As for software, may I suggest Gimp. It runs on Windows, is free and is a full-blown image processing system. But don't worry, re-sizing an image can be done in just two or three mouse clicks.

Nice one - sure you'll be happy with it. Does SHMBO know? No small body parts added to the freezer? :lol:

But I think I'd be a bit wary of the free filter. No use spending mega-$'s on a lens just to put a 20c piece of glass in front of it.

I'm still waiting for the UV filter for my 24-105 - T-Dim don't stock B+W :wub: filters. :(

hehe thanks, ofcourse she doesnt know ! :D hopefully its a little non descript box that finds its way quietly into the house !

if its admission in the house is discovered I'll have to fess up. but hopefully when declare that have had to sell three of my other older lenses (75-300, 20-35 and 28-105) thanks to forum members and ebay to fund this one, she'll realise have been a good boy on this occasion. and no further body parts are requested into the freezer :lol:

yeah not sure re a uv filter, never really use one myself. might be a lens protector than anything else ! do you guys use uv filters much for anything ? I know they served purpose for film cameras ie blocked uv from film sensitive to uv ie prevented blue cast but does it serve any real purpose with non film ie digital slrs ?

whats a B+W filter ?