Foxtel Contracting Installer Issues

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like the last thread was taken down yet again. So I have started a brand new one up.

Any sub contracting foxtel cable or satellite installers across Australia from BSA & Downer with issues post your opinions

If Telstra buys Foxtel, such a company as BSA Ltd may disappear completely from ASX.

just wait for David, he will post some more stories about how tech could make $120k doing one job a day.

That's what most Foxtel techs are getting at the moment, very very quite at the moment.

Edited by Sidor

If Telstra buys Foxtel, such a company as BSA Ltd may disappear completely from ASX.

just wait for David, he will post some more stories about how tech could make $120k doing one job a day.

That's what most Foxtel techs are getting at the moment, very very quite at the moment.

Interesting Sidor, you no longer work in the Industry either so iv read.

And I agree, unless you want to work Friday, Saturday, Sundays there is no work.

And the Foxtel Side of it there are some dodgy practices going on at the moment.

And no one start about me being someone working in BSA management, its why the thread got deleted in the first place because people couldn't understand this

Edited by Frost-6

A certain issue that I think needs to be addressed is Downer techs in some states still being forced to wear PPE and still no rate rises when the job can take an extra hour in total. On top of that the whole aspect of job quality as gone off the scale with Foxtel Auditors picking up minor issues on jobs such as not attaching a foxtel sticker to a wall-plate! to techs not looping a VCR through with the request of the customer saying they don't even want it looped through! I have also been hearing that the techs in south australia are getting paid 25% less then us guys in the eastern states such as Victoria and Nsw. That if you ask me is down right appalling!

Action must be taken.

A certain issue that I think needs to be addressed is Downer techs in some states still being forced to wear PPE and still no rate rises when the job can take an extra hour in total. On top of that the whole aspect of job quality as gone off the scale with Foxtel Auditors picking up minor issues on jobs such as not attaching a foxtel sticker to a wall-plate! to techs not looping a VCR through with the request of the customer saying they don't even want it looped through! I have also been hearing that the techs in south australia are getting paid 25% less then us guys in the eastern states such as Victoria and Nsw. That if you ask me is down right appalling!

Action must be taken.

I noticed that last time the technician was out. I asked for a 6 RCA cable for the DVD-R and they dont supply anymore. When digital was first installed in 2004 this was all supplied at the time of installation

Chris

Hope no-one was hinting at me?

I just dont contract to THEM..................

Still get plenty of Satellite work done....and love it again

No, it definitely wasn't you :) More like ice-vi, lol.

Same here, I don't contract to them any more but the company I work for does.

Far, far less hassle that way !!! woohoo.

BS. There are plenty of instances where customers have been told by the pay tv companies that their job can only be performed on a weekend even if the customer is available on another day. Since when have these companies expressed any desire to put themselves out to suit the customers needs? Get real. The customer is told theirjob will be done on a particular day and thats all there is to it.

Because they are booking Jobs on Satudays and Sundays more, because it saves people taking a day off etc to get their Foxtel installed.
Its the way the Trade industry is going.

Yes they ran the gas chambers and furnaces on weekends too.

Well, looks like this thread has gone to sh*t again with BSA's best buddy spruking away....

The thread CLEARLY states: "Foxtel Contracting Installer Issues" You are no longer an installer, so, why not stay out with your crap.

Well, looks like this thread has gone to sh*t again with BSA's best buddy spruking away....

The thread CLEARLY states: "Foxtel Contracting Installer Issues" You are no longer an installer, so, why not stay out with your crap.

Looks Likes He took your advice and deleted all his comments.

Bye Bye Frost -6

austartech

I hope Austar techs are welcome :D:D:D:D

I'm not a contractor but a long time customer.

GF and I both work long hours on weekdays and find it hard to be at home for a choice of am or pm periods waiting for an installer.

On installing Foxtel and moving house, 1 install and 4 moves in 8 years, I have always requested "next available Saturday" when I contact Foxtel. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

When F&P guy came to fix my fridge I asked for a Sat as well. When the Smeg warranty guy fixed the microwave it was during the week between Christmas and New Year (the microwave crapped out on Christmas day) - we didn't make a song and dance and demand it that was just the service that was provided.

Weekend times are convenient for a lot of people.

Weekend times are convenient for a lot of people.

It is understandable that most of customer prefer weekends installation, but BSA is trying to force technicians to work even on Sundays without any extra pay. Couple of years ago BSA was paying extra $20-50 per job on Sunday, but now they are trying to screw techs more and more and not paying any extra at all.

I will not be suprised that BSA is getting more $$$ from Foxtel for weekends jobs and not passing extra pay to installers.

It looks like BSA is trying to tell Foxtel, " .... look, we can make/force out techs/slaves to work on Sundays for the same money, just give us more jobs than to Downer, otherwise , we (=BSA), are so small and struggling at the moment, that we won't make $0.5mil wages to pay our Mark F. this year"

Edited by Sidor

Guest number761

Well said. It is down't right unAUSTRALIAN to be ignoring our families and setting of to work on SUNDAYS. No penalty rates, only an assurance that you will get your QUOTA. This is BSA driven, trying to position themselves for a fair crack at the next contract offer. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO BE FOR THE REST OF YOUR WORKING LIFE? Rememder what our parents fought for. Remember our RIGHTS. You Sunday workers obviously don't.

Who cares if the guys not an installer anymore he can still voice hes opinion on here. We all need to stick together and fight these shonky cowboy companies who treat subbies like complete crap...

Well actually, it was due to him that the last thread was deleted.

Didn't want to see that happen again.

Who cares if the guys not an installer anymore he can still voice hes opinion on here. We all need to stick together and fight these shonky cowboy companies who treat subbies like complete crap...

On his say so he may be an ex installer and entitled to voice an opinion on a public forum but it is my understanding that amongst other things this thread was created with the intention of airing common grievances suffered by pay tv installers, to devise effective means to combat the exploitative tactics used by contracting companies and provide a support group of sorts.

The entity known as frost 6 has done none of this, indeed he has achieved the opposite. Far from agreeing with the lot of most installers and supporting their claims he has consistently debunked installers complaints regarding pay rates and work schedules citing his own completion rates that stretch incredulity given the demands imposed by the contracting companies. He has consistently applauded the business decisions of the contracting companies to further reduce pay rates and impose harsher working conditions. In another thread he has publicly stated his intention to try and have the installation job on his own premises downgraded, effectively reducing the installers pay. It also appears that he has played an active role in having the previous installers thread closed down because he disagrees with others not agreeing with him. If he is helping us stick together its an odd way of showing it to say the least.

I fail to see how this person can make a positive contribution here and on the face of it is an apologist for the contracting companies and their ethics. Despite clearly being out of step with the sentiments expressed by genuine installers, frost 6 continues to bait and troll. Instead of contributing in a manner which helps pay tv installers with their grievances his actions seem to be designed to goad others into making personal attacks which are used as justification to close the thread and prevent online gatherings of installers discussing their issues. One of the ways to fight these companies is to make it publicly known that they are absolute scumbags and to discourage others from working for them. Contacting companies would be highly displeased at installers voicing the truth here and scaring other candidates off. Anyone who actively seeks to undermine the aims of this forum while claiming to have been an installer is extremely suspect in my opinion

The only solution is to get completely away from sites such as the DTV forum and create a moderated forum exclusively for like minded installers. Ratbags would get sick of having their posts deleted

DTV Forum also appears to be sympathetic to the contracting companies given their apparent willingness to abruptly delete an installers thread without warning. Maybe it is industry sponsored and as such would have a vested interest in stifling discussion

Edited by Eddy Current