Iriver B30

If anyone is interested I found a really nice looking theme for the Iriver B30 (at least I think it's a nice theme). The site I got it from is the Iriver site but it's in Korean.. I've uploaded the theme to my site. Just go to http://www.gleff.com/Blue.swf and save as.. put it in your themes directory on the B30 and voila.. It's pretty sexy.

If you want to give yourself a headache or know korean, check out: http://content.iriver.co.kr/ct_content.asp...&SrchType=2 - If you can find a link for an english version of the site i'll love you forever ;)

Incidently, if any other B30 owners out there have any nice themes, skins, sites, etc about the B30 and want to share, let us know hence this thread.

Geoff

If anyone is interested I found a really nice looking theme for the Iriver B30 (at least I think it's a nice theme). The site I got it from is the Iriver site but it's in Korean.. I've uploaded the theme to my site. Just go to http://www.gleff.com/Blue.swf and save as.. put it in your themes directory on the B30 and voila.. It's pretty sexy.

If you want to give yourself a headache or know korean, check out: http://content.iriver.co.kr/ct_content.asp...&SrchType=2 - If you can find a link for an english version of the site i'll love you forever ;)

Incidently, if any other B30 owners out there have any nice themes, skins, sites, etc about the B30 and want to share, let us know hence this thread.

Geoff

thanks gleff, I'll download and give it a shot. much appreciated !

ps get a blank page going to the gleff link, anyways could be because I'm using a mac, will try from work tomorrow.

thanks gleff, I'll download and give it a shot. much appreciated !

ps get a blank page going to the gleff link, anyways could be because I'm using a mac, will try from work tomorrow.

It links directly to a .swf so you need to do a save as.. not sure how to do it on a Mac though.. In windows just right click on the link above in my post and choose 'save as' to save the file. If you left click it will try and load the .swf which isn't what you want. Probably why you're mac isn't showing anything.

Here's a link to the directory listing which might make it easier.

http://www.gleff.com/blue/

Edited by gleff

It links directly to a .swf so you need to do a save as.. not sure how to do it on a Mac though.. In windows just right click on the link above in my post and choose 'save as' to save the file. If you left click it will try and load the .swf which isn't what you want. Probably why you're mac isn't showing anything.

Here's a link to the directory listing which might make it easier.

http://www.gleff.com/blue/

excellent thanks ! done and yep looks a bit more alive than the rather drab default grey ! hehe

what is a bugger is the artist/track info is still light grey on dark grey ! I wish knew how to do something about it.

but great this that can load user created themes. perhaps someone cluey can do something about the artist track info format if that is somethign controlled by theme selection :)

ps spoke too soon, once the picture screen savers come on eg the digital radio wall paper the artist and track info becomes grey on blue background ! which is a bit better :)

hey alebonau (and anyone else with this player),

have you got the b30 to work on a mac? I have bought one and can't get it to work on my macbook. is there a way to get it to work?

thanks in advance.

Iriver software is pc only. But stuff like copying files across USB does work.

Iriver software is pc only. But stuff like copying files across USB does work.

Do I have to format it (or at least plug it into) on a pc before it will show up on the mac? My mac won't recognise it when I plug it in, and the unit won't even charge.

sorry for being annoying but i don't want to sell it if i don't have to.

Do I have to format it (or at least plug it into) on a pc before it will show up on the mac? My mac won't recognise it when I plug it in, and the unit won't even charge.

sorry for being annoying but i don't want to sell it if i don't have to.

no need to format it. I just use a spare usb phone charger to charge it.

if you go in the finder in the mac you'll see the b30 show up as a device, it certainly says connecting to usb and connected once it has done so with the mac. It will allow you to drag and drop or copy files into the b30's folder structure.

if you want to check for firmware upgrades or use any of the iriver software thats only compatible with a pc so a mac wont do.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey just wondering if anyone can help me out here.

I'm getting one of these for my birthday, the guy in the shop said something about when you record dab radio it stores it as a .dap file or he might of said .dab i'm not sure.

I've looked for .dap or .dab converters to mp3 and can't find any nor any players. Can anyone help me out? Or is he wrong and it records it as an mp3?

Any help would be great, thanks.

-Ben

I just bought one of these players and just thought i'd answer a few questions:

Firstly can it play in your pocket?

Yes it can, I have found that if you put the antenna all the way up you can then turn it on its axis, if you then put it back down and have it running along side the iriver so you can put it flat in your pocket and nothing is sticking out.

If you don't follow exactly what i'm saying let me know and i'll take a picture.

Is the sound quality up to standard?

Yes the sound quality is very good, up to other iriver standards.

Does it shake when you move it around?

I use it when riding my bike and have never had it done that, although i do put it on lock so maybe that is why? I haven't changed any settings apart from making it so it doesn't vibrate which i find annoying and it probably just wastes up extra battery anyway.

Is it DAB+ DMB?

It is DAB but not sure whether it is DAB+ isn't DAB + mean you can pause and rewind live radio? If so it doesn't appear to have this function however you can record live radio. It does happen to save as a file called .DAP though which i can't find a converter for but it does play on VLC media player. If anyone has a .dap converter it would be a huge help.

Yes it is DMB but doesn't work in Australia, maybe if you went overseas this would be helpful.

Where to buy:

I got mine from JB for $269, kinda wish i got it overseas though as on ebay they are going for about roughly $200 from Korea although i suppose there is some risk in buying from there. You can also get it from a place in SA called VideoWorld which i believe is the Sony Store. Minidisc Australia also sell them at $249 plus $12 postage.

Problems:

There are a few, it could be made a fair bit better, when you have the digital radio on you can't do anything else. I wouldn't mind playing a game or 2 whilst listening but all you appear to be able to do is one thing at a time unless anyone knows any different. You can however play games whilst listening to your mp3s and stuff.

The digital radio doesn't work in as many places as i thought, well so far 1 place but i thought it would work everywhere in the city. I was at the Adelaide Train Station and it failed to work there even with the antenna out completely. I'm not sure about huge builders though, but if it doesn't work in a train station then i wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work in a large building.

The recording feature could have been done a lot better, when on the digital radio you press the middle button to record, then when you want to stop recording you press it again. There is no option to pause and rewind live radio which could have been done reasonably easy considering the type of player it is. As i said before it also saves in .dap . A file format i'd never heard of before and appears to be extremely rare. However the FM radio records in .mp3. Go figure?

The fact the buttons are like a touch screen yet the player isn't a touch screen player is kind of annoying. Would have rathered proper buttons than the illusion of a touch screen DAB radio. Nevertheless it is something i'm sure i'll get used to in the near future I've only had it for a few days.

I believe that is all, if you have any more questions let me know and i'll try to answer them. I'm reasonably happy with the player considering it is the only one on the market and probably better than the future releases considering it has an inbuilt mp3 player. I heard Sangean are relasing a pocket DAB one but without the 8 gb of space just the DAB radio which will be approx $230-$250.

-Ben

It is DAB but not sure whether it is DAB+ isn't DAB + mean you can pause and rewind live radio? If so it doesn't appear to have this function however you can record live radio. It does happen to save as a file called .DAP though which i can't find a converter for but it does play on VLC media player. If anyone has a .dap converter it would be a huge help.

If it plays with VLC, then you should be able to use VLC's convert option as well. VLC is not the most convenient media converter out there, but conversion is certainly "do-able."

guys am looking to sell my B30, have got both a b20 and b30 and jsut not getting use out of both. probably got more of a chance selling the b30. its yes had minimal use still as new with box and everything else that comes with it. I could throw in express shipping to where ever you are for a good savign on what it sells for new. drop me a line if interested. otherwise if no takers I'll look at sticking on ebay next week.