Channel 9 Completely Missing

My Channel 9 an 99 went missing too on my Samsung LCD.

The Channels were there, there was just no image or sound. The reception info said I was recieving 90% signal strength.

I tried doing an Auto Scan for all Channels but again the same problem.

I then did a "Factory Reset" and then did a channel Auto Scan, and bingo, I now have all Channels :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after my failure to get 9 or 90 working last night after numerous resets and scans on my pana and mce box I get home tonight to find all stations working as they should.

I did not turn either unit off (only to standby) and did nothing but turn them on when I got home.

Go figure <_<

Maybe Nine reversed some change.....who knows.

Edited by cruiser80

Well after my failure to get 9 or 90 working last night after numerous resets and scans on my pana and mce box I get home tonight to find all stations working as they should.

I did not turn either unit off (only to standby) and did nothing but turn them on when I got home.

Go figure <_<

Maybe Nine reversed some change.....who knows.

I switched to it this morning on my LG LCD. Images came up for a few seconds then disappeared. I got "No Signal" warnings on the TV. Did a manual scan on their channel. Works just fine now.

I did the scan for new stations a couple of days ago I had Go 99 visible if I physically typed 99 into the remote, but not if I used the channel button.

After the advice here to switch off at the wall and then do factory resets, my Pana DVDr and TV now have Go 99 on both and its visible in the EPG.

BUT - despite the fact that there are programs listed in the EPG I am still only getting the ad loop that was running the past few days.

So I am just looking for confirmation from anyone that they are getting actual programs as listed in the EPG ?

Desperately wanting it all to be fixed by Tuesday for Survivor LOL !!!

despite the fact that there are programs listed in the EPG I am still only getting the ad loop that was running the past few days.

That's because Go! doesn't commence programming until 6.30pm today (Sun 9 Aug).... as advertised in the loop

Until that time, you'll continue to see the loop.

That's because Go! doesn't commence programming until 6.30pm today (Sun 9 Aug).... as advertised in the loop

Until that time, you'll continue to see the loop.

Hmmmm todays TV guide (and the EPG) both show programming from 7am.

it was probably published just before 9 changed the launch to 6:30pm

On talkback radio today on Sydney 2UE many callers were calling in with problems with GO & 9 seeking advice but none of the hosts had a clue !! Many had 351 etc when 9 transmitted without proper lcn identities & many black screens on 9. I hope 7 do a better job when they create 77 .

On talkback radio today on Sydney 2UE many callers were calling in with problems with GO & 9 seeking advice but none of the hosts had a clue !! Many had 351 etc when 9 transmitted without proper lcn identities & many black screens on 9. I hope 7 do a better job when they create 77 .

Makes you wonder whether they still employ people with enough expertise :unsure: as they should have seen this was going to happen and issued a warning :angry: .

Maybe it was a 'marketing call' not to bother..........hey no one watches digital TV anyway :blink: and those who do are all propeller heads so they can work it out if there are problems :wacko: after all, the take up for digital TV is still really slow.......right :winky:

Edited by Riv39

Makes you wonder whether they still employ people with enough expertise :unsure: as they should have seen this was going to happen and issued a warning :angry: .

Maybe it was a 'marketing call' not to bother..........hey no one watches digital TV anyway :blink: and those who do are all propeller heads so they can work it out if there are problems :wacko: after all, the take up for digital TV is still really slow.......right :winky:

Were there not crawlers on Nine advising of this?

Was there not a full page ad in the paper?

Sounds like you wanted a tech from Nine to visit your place to fix it up for you.

Were there not crawlers on Nine advising of this?

No, not that I could see during the times I watch nine digital

Was there not a full page ad in the paper?

Not in the weekend SMH or SH that I could find

Sounds like you wanted a tech from Nine to visit your place to fix it up for you.

No, not at all, just my opinion that it could have been better handled by nine

I am getting this problem in Adelaide on an SD Topfield PVR. Channel 9's solution is to do a rescan, however this only finds the stations if they are missing. 9 and GO are not missing, there is good signal strength, just black picture and no sound.

I first saw the problem last night, I noted they were working again today, and tonight they are gone again. Go figure!

Interesting that my HD Sansui STB is not having the problem.

Adelaide 891 had the manager of 9 Adelaide on yesterday. He said it only was a matter of rescanning. (Wrong!!) He also said there was nothing needed fixing, just "rejigging" whatever the heck that is.

Have done multiple re-scans.

All 9 channels appear... Picture comes up fine on but 9HD has no sound ??

Just spoke with LG. Tech is coming out to do a software upgrade at no charge.

It seems its a known fault that predominately happens with TV's manufactured in 2007

Adelaide 891 had the manager of 9 Adelaide on yesterday. He said it only was a matter of rescanning. (Wrong!!) He also said there was nothing needed fixing, just "rejigging" whatever the heck that is.

A friend has a beyondwizz dp-1. Three full rescans still fail to pick up any channel 9 channels at all. Everything else is picked up fine, and channel 9 and go are received fine by a set top box connected to the same antenna...

Ok, I have a problem maybe someone can help.

My STB lost Ch 9 last week so I re-scanned and everything worked fine over the weekend. Now I go to watch 9 tonight and it is not there. Neither is 99 which I could also get on the weekend.

I re-scanned just as I did last Friday, and it locates and stores every channel I had before EXCEPT 9 and 99. My antenna reception is fine as I can still pick up both 9 and 99 on my other TV (much newer with an integrated HD tuner) which is connected to the same aerial.

Any thoughts in the group?