Samsung Led Ua55b8000 ( First One In Australia)

[b]Good afternoon Im quite new to this and somehow i can not post my new personal msg here so with all due respect i had to ask here just incase someone could help me

I brought a new 127cm plasma screen 2 years ago Samsung brand.

And my question is can the plasma screen i brought which cost me around 2,500.00 dollars can view 3-D movies ? I want to buy a 3-D movie on dvd and i want to know if this will work on my plasma screen ? and of course if only i new where to buy these 3-D classes for the family.

I also have a Pionneer DVD recorder it contains SD tv tuner and that i want to know if the DVD 3-D movie will work on that ? (no its not a blueray disc) its just normal dvd disc but in 3-D and you need special clases to view the movie for that.

I hope i can get some imput on this. And want to apoligies for using the owner of this thread as i may awell be off topic but wanted to know something just before i end up buying the movie and spend money for it. Incase it dosnt work.

Oh the plasma i have is not a fully HD but it is close to a Full-hd and of course intergraded SD tuner on the plasma.

thank you to everyone ill keep an eye to my msg

sandra

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Angelo are you forgetting the beast :D the KVHR eh!!! now that had one nice PQ, a little on the bulky side though LOL.

And mate regarding what you said about never being happy well think of this if you were you would just stick with one panel and upgrade every 5 years or so instead of chasing the wholey grail like you are which is much more fun isnt it:D

Good to see your still having fun mate ;)

Cheers Ryan

Upgrade every 5 years ! :o WTF !

Nice hearing from you again bud.

With me I'm so frig-en picky with things I don't think Ill ever be happy with any display. Congrats and I hope you enjoy it.

At one stage I was keen on one of these TV's but reading this thread put me off so I did not buy one

Today I was in hardly normal and they had one set up with a blu-ray movie.

I was impressed with the PQ and spent a lot of time trying to find the off angle problem.

Either my standards are low or the panel I saw was a good one, because I could not see hardly any differennce in the color or contrast or brightness untill I was so far off centre the other people in store were wondering what I was up to.

Honestly off angle is not a problem as far as my eyes are concerned.

at 3-4 meters in front of set picture quality does not change significantly for a width of at least 3 meters

that is 1.5 meters each side of centre, so imho 4 people could sit side by side at 3 meters distance and see identical PQ.

At one stage I was keen on one of these TV's but reading this thread put me off so I did not buy one

I was impressed with the PQ and spent a lot of time trying to find the off angle problem.

Either my standards are low or the panel I saw was a good one, because I could not see hardly any differennce in the color or contrast or brightness untill I was so far off centre the other people in store were wondering what I was up to.

at 3-4 meters in front of set picture quality does not change significantly for a width of at least 3 meters

that is 1.5 meters each side of centre, so imho 4 people could sit side by side at 3 meters distance and see identical PQ.

I couldn't agree more. I also was interested in this TV for awhile but reading this thread put me off a little. But then I went down to the shops and looked at a few myself I couldn't find any problem with off axis viewing. I have since bought one and couldn't be happier with it. The picture quality is amazing once calibrated and I would put it up there with the Pioneers that I have viewed. I guess you can't believe everything you read and it really just comes down to what looks good for yourself as you are the one buying it in the end..

Well its me again, though I would update the next chapter in my telly stories ! Ill give you 2 guesses what's happening to my Samsung A950.................... GOT IT IN ONE.................. its going back :blink: ! The off viewing axis problem just got to me.

Samsung are now going to give me another UA55B8000 :o but this one is the updated version with all the problems fixed.

I can hear most of you saying "Angelo is just nuts, why doesn't just get another brand" :wacko:

Well let me tell you that Samsung has really bent over backwards for me , so I'm sticking with them.

You guys had better be right about the off axis viewing now, or Ill hunt yous down ! :winky:

has anyone got any good calebration settings for a HTPC for this monitor?

i saw a review linked here somewhere not sur eif calibrated or not but sitting beside the a950 in a dark room teh blacks were grey.

Well its me again, though I would update the next chapter in my telly stories ! Ill give you 2 guesses what's happening to my Samsung A950.................... GOT IT IN ONE.................. its going back :blink: ! The off viewing axis problem just got to me.

Samsung are now going to give me another UA55B8000 :o but this one is the updated version with all the problems fixed.

I can hear most of you saying "Angelo is just nuts, why doesn't just get another brand" :wacko:

Well let me tell you that Samsung has really bent over backwards for me , so I'm sticking with them.

You guys had better be right about the off axis viewing now, or Ill hunt yous down ! :winky:

Well keep us up to date

I am happy with my UA55B8000 for the most part, there is a little light bleeding in the corners, which is driving me nuts, but i only notice it on some movies and only when it's dark. But sometimes it never shows up on Dark movies, eg i watched Sin City on blu-ray and it looked perfrect. and that is a dark movie.

But then i watched I am Legend and you can really see the light bleeding in the corners in the dark parts of the movie.

I just can't get over the size of the TV i went from a 32' to a 55' that alown is well worth it

Fair enough I suppose, if it annoys it annoys... but couldn't you have just got a swivel stand to put it on? I find the off axis viewing is fine apart from the colours getting a bit washed out, and I rarely watch the tv from off angle anyway.

I'd prefer the have this very minor issue rather than horrendous screen uniformity, which the model you have swapped to is known for...

You could wait for the 8500 which comes out next year as well.

Anwyay, I'm sure in most viewing situations it is fine, so enjoy the new panel.

JSmith :ninja:

Fair enough I suppose, if it annoys it annoys... but couldn't you have just got a swivel stand to put it on? I find the off axis viewing is fine apart from the colours getting a bit washed out, and I rarely watch the tv from off angle anyway.

I'd prefer the have this very minor issue rather than horrendous screen uniformity, which the model you have swapped to is known for...

You could wait for the 8500 which comes out next year as well.

Anwyay, I'm sure in most viewing situations it is fine, so enjoy the new panel.

JSmith :ninja:

I was told that we would not see the 8500 in Australia. In any case I've red the reports on the 8500 on the AV Forums in the USA and the off axis viewing is just as bad.

Hey if the screen uniformity is as bad as the 1st one have a guess what Ill be doing ?

I was told that we would not see the 8500 in Australia. In any case I've red the reports on the 8500 on the AV Forums in the USA and the off axis viewing is just as bad.

Hey if the screen uniformity is as bad as the 1st one have a guess what Ill be doing ?

Hey Angelo any feedback on the new LG LED's? Ive starting seeing advertising for them around.

Cheers Ryan

So have you received it yet?

This weekend Samsung have a sellout incentive deal this weekend, this unit is selling as cheap as $4500 with a free 26" unit, well worth it. Its a deal hard to beat. Ive just put though an order.

At all stores? Or is this selected stores? I haven't seen a price like that anywhere. Where have you made your order?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this TV. There are no "good ones or bad ones" - this is something invented on this forum.

Be careful as there are a few weirdo's around here who seem to get their kicks from being hyper-critical about something that is just a television.

They call some models "keepers" they are that strange !!!!.

You get a lot of these types on the Internet. I am old enough and smart enough to ignore the 1/2 glass empty posters - it takes a while but you can soon spot them.

If you like the panel just buy it and enjoy (like I do). Everyone in my house + any visitors who have seen my new tv just love it.

Edited by Doug

The screen uniformity issues on the edge lit “LED” models are well known and easy enough to see, as are the off axis viewing limitations. It wont be obvious in a brightly lit showroom and not everyone will care even when they do see the problems, but that does no mean the problems don’t exist.

What I find amusing is that the B750 ccfl models have superior screen uniformity and off axis viewing to the edge lit “LED” models and are just as good in other areas of performance for a lot less cash. What is the attraction of these edge lit “LED” models?