Sign in to follow this  
Kimmy247

Why Does Australia Have To Wait So Long For Games?

Scrabble is available on PSP in USA, why doesn't it come out in Australia? There are websites that state Scrabble comes to both DS and PSP, however in Australia only the DS has Scrabble.

I am also wondering why does other countries have more of a range of Wii titles also? They don't seem to come out in Australia.

Is it the government regulators stopping the sale of these games in Oz? Or is it just the gaming companies that are thinking they won't sell in Australia.

Scrabble is available on PSP in USA, why doesn't it come out in Australia? There are websites that state Scrabble comes to both DS and PSP, however in Australia only the DS has Scrabble.

I am also wondering why does other countries have more of a range of Wii titles also? They don't seem to come out in Australia.

Is it the government regulators stopping the sale of these games in Oz? Or is it just the gaming companies that are thinking they won't sell in Australia.

Well firstly Nintendo are morons and severly restrict the titles that are available in PAL territories. For example they think no one is interested in Punch-Out, so only JB Hi Fi is selling it, and probably in a very small run. Likewise Excitebots (was that it? Excite something) will not be released in Australia because of poor sales in the US - Nintendo think it wont sell here

As for the PSP, best to import those titles if they arent available here. Most likely dont have an Australian distributor

I find for Wii titles I import from the UK (tends to be cheaper). For DS and PSP I agree Dans get them from the US where they are cheap and come out WAY before Oz.

Or alternatively BannerBomb your Wii, change the disc model to region free and import cheap games from the US!

How else am I going to play Taiko no Tatsujin?

Woo Hoo! Another Taiko fan!

Get the multitude of PS2 versions! I've still got my drumkits and drumsticks!