The channel had better improve the bitrate before Sunday programming.

GO is currently only 2 Mbps with a resolution of 704x576i

9HD has dropped back to 1440x1080i resolution with a bitrate of 13.1 Mbps, whilst the 9SD channel bitrate has stayed the same but the AC3 audio stream has been dumped.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the frequency and program ID for Adelaide? (or other states / might be the same).

Since nothing is being broadcasted on it at the moment, none of the software I use is able to tune it. I want to add it to my collection of VLC streaming batch scripts prior to launch :)

just got a message on the TiVo telling me about GO! and to rescan, did. now guide is updated with the tv shows from sunday and the loop (annoying as it is) is on. have already set a few season passes, and of course, now 2 tuners is no longer enough :-)

Just did a rescan in accordance with nine. As of 1pm today her in Sydney. Go! now playing a very annoying repititious 5 second GO! promo clip.

As for the program guide. No update yet. Still showing nine SD/HD programming.

Edited by g12345567

just got a message on the TiVo telling me about GO! and to rescan, did. now guide is updated with the tv shows from sunday and the loop (annoying as it is) is on. have already set a few season passes, and of course, now 2 tuners is no longer enough :-)

Is your TIVO hooked up with an internet connection? Sounds like it has downloaded an XML guide from the net instead of getting any EPG data over the air as the EIT stream isn't sending anything yet.

Just did a rescan in accordance with nine. As of 1pm today her in Sydney. Go! now playing a very annoying repititious 5 second GO! promo clip.

Don't watch it then. It's meant to be a quick peek at GO not a full synopsis of the channel (see the website for that)

What Freeview might end up doing is push a forward thinking PVR manufacturer to add 3 (or more) tuners to thier product that way any of the networks can be programmed for recording without a problem

Guest john-andrew

Yep, I just noticed the 'GO' is now on air and I am now re-scanning all the digital receivers I have here. Andy

Edited by john-andrew

I found it odd that upon doing a re-scan, GO! NBN has appeared on channel 350, instead of 88. Does anyone else have GO! on channel 350?

On another STB, interestingly enough, i have two channel 88's, one is NBN Digital 2 which is simucasting NBN (pointing at the NBN stream i'd imagine) and then there is GO! doing the loop.

ME = confused!

Edited by darthfyer

I found it odd that upon doing a re-scan, GO! NBN has appeared on channel 350, instead of 88. Does anyone else have GO! on channel 350?

On another STB, interestingly enough, i have two channel 88's, one is NBN Digital 2 which is simucasting NBN (pointing at the NBN stream i'd imagine) and then there is GO! doing the loop.

ME = confused!

Sounds like you need to delete the NBN Service before you rescan. Some boxes we have found don't pick up the new service during the rescan. Did you do a complete rescan, or only the NBN Frequency? We have found that a complete rescan in some boxes is what is needed as an individual scan doesn't quite work sometimes. It very much depends on the box.

When I switched the TV on here in Melbourne, it prompted me to scan for a new station, which resulted in Go appearing on 99. It also said that it had found two new stations, but I can't find the other one. There is a Channel 9 on 350 and I'm not sure if that was there before or not, so maybe that's what it's referring to.

Did a rescan on my Toppy last night. Got all the shows starting from Sunday wohoo! C'mon twin tuners you are gonna get a workout my friends!!

Won't be an issue. The primetime slot will be repeated several times throughout the following night and day so you can schedule something then for recording when it won't conflict with other prime time recordings.

Yep, anyone know if there are any other 'new' channels due to come out? Gosh it seems we only got a few weeks notice on this one coming out!

A few weeks?

Nine announced way back last year that the new 2nd SD channel would be available early this year, but has been delayed numerous times.

ME = confused!

You're probably picking up NBN from another transmitter therefore it adds that duplicate channel in the 350 LCN range. If you want it to stay there is no problem usually but best thing otherwise is to delete all your NBN channels and rescan. SOme STB, PVR's just show it as another 88 or what every the LCN number is supposed to be.

You'll find that until you delete and rescan, the exisitng 88 (not the 350) will not change channel names and may stop working like it did for some SBS 2 (from SBS News) viewers back in June.

When I switched the TV on here in Melbourne, it prompted me to scan for a new station, which resulted in Go appearing on 99. It also said that it had found two new stations, but I can't find the other one. There is a Channel 9 on 350 and I'm not sure if that was there before or not, so maybe that's what it's referring to.

see two posts earlier and the later reply

Link

NINE Network chief executive David Gyngell has boldly declared he will resign if Nine's new youth-focused digital multi-channel does not score double the audience this year of Ten's rival sports channel, One HD.

Considering Ten's ONE channels are only pulling about 1% of the viewing public, it shouldn't be too hard :lol:

cheers

Yep, anyone know if there are any other 'new' channels due to come out? Gosh it seems we only got a few weeks notice on this one coming out!

Channel 7 is expected to announce a new channel in the coming months, but could be as late as the end of the year.

ABC have confirmed that their ABC3 Kids channel will release before Christmas.

Link

Considering Ten's ONE channels are only pulling about 1% of the viewing public, it shouldn't be too hard :lol:

cheers

Gee, but how can that be, its sport and sport is god. Proof proof proof?! I actually couldn't care but anyhow . ..

EDIT, found it:-) lol lol. Pdf.

http://www.thinktv.com.au/media/Media_Rele...ings_Report.pdf

Edited by Keepleft

Could have sworn I already posted this, oh well.

For anyone wanting to know, in Adelaide, Go! is on 191625mhz on program ID 1106.

If someone streamed it with:

vlc dvb:// :dvb-frequency=191625000 :dvb-bandwidth=7 :program=1106 --sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,width=320,height=180,acodec=mp3,ab=64,venc=ffmpeg{ke

yint=250,qscale=7}}:std{access=mmsh,mux=asf,dst=:8080}

Then they could show regional users the stupid 5 second loop they have going.