Sign in to follow this  

Uh oh, I don't really like having funniest home videos every weeknight at 6... they should put Seinfeld on at 6:30 - 7:30 so I can escape the bore of ACA, TT and neighbours... and H&A, 7pm Project (pretty dry) and 2.5 men repeats (ergh).

Also, in the advanced guide it says some programs are HD, I wonder if this means there will be a combo HD channel or maybe its just stating which shows are available in HD. Not sure because it lists Funniest Home Videos at 6 as HD, but the news is in HD, but that isn't a necessity.

Edited by Dyllip

7pm Project (pretty dry)

will most likely get axed soon, viewers have fallen from 1.285 million on first show to just above 800k on 4th show.

Season 7 of Curb Your Enthusiasm starts airing this year in the US. They better fast track it here and show it at the same time, otherwise I will once again be using other means. I've already seen every episode of Seasons 1-6 many times and have them on DVD.

Uh oh, I don't really like having funniest home videos every weeknight at 6... they should put Seinfeld on at 6:30 - 7:30 so I can escape the bore of ACA, TT and neighbours... and H&A, 7pm Project (pretty dry) and 2.5 men repeats (ergh).
Don't you receive ABC where you live? There is an advert free 7pm news service, far better than the 6minutes of news (& 8minutes of sport, a couple of mins of some silly gossip story, and 12mins of TV commercials). And the 7.30 report is often very worth watching also. Then you need something to fill in 6-7pm, Time Team fits the bill nicely there (on the day it is on), actually nearly every day of the week ABC has something interesting on between 6 and 7pm.

Don't you receive ABC where you live? There is an advert free 7pm news service, far better than the 6minutes of news (& 8minutes of sport, a couple of mins of some silly gossip story, and 12mins of TV commercials). And the 7.30 report is often very worth watching also. Then you need something to fill in 6-7pm, Time Team fits the bill nicely there (on the day it is on), actually nearly every day of the week ABC has something interesting on between 6 and 7pm.

It's a bit OT ... but I am getting really tired of this cross promotional stuff being shown as news ... I mean who cares if some blind guy has to dance by himself in the dark!

I get ABC, but the fact is, the news starts at 4:30, then all the way through to 8 on all the standard channels.

I'm not liking AFHVS every weeknight at 6, just keep it on 9 on Saturday nights like it has been for years. Surely there's something better to have on at that time of day? Can't think of anything right now, but i'm sure that will change as the channel acquires more shows over time! Well, i'm not going to be watching GO! between 6 and 8 on weeknights!

like i said before im really looking forward to this programing.

I was just thinking when shows like The Wire, Entourage & sex and the city may return (Don't really care for the last one really)

in summer, (after most of these shows have finished) because if they are showed at a 9:30pm or 10:30pm timeslot and im guessing sex and the city would replace Just shoot me at 11:30pm, which would mean Go is most likely not going to be repeating these types of shows the next day at say 12PM, 1PM or 2PM, which being summer(and school holidays) could be replace with more cartoons or other Kids shows.

But i could be wrong, Channel 9 repeated Damages at 12PM when it first started.

I also hope we see Nip Tuck and also Damages and The sopranos one day as well.

I would also like them to pick up more new HBO shows when they start.

Over time i think this channel will get better and better.

i was also hopping to see One tree Hill on Go, and also 90210 which i have no idea why Foxtel hasn't picked it up yet.

I was just checking the warner bros website and if you check out the featured clips for tv shows,

all 4 featured clips are for CW Network shows and i think GO need to copy or if they can use the same ads because they are very 'fast' moving ads and some only go for 10 seconds and they get to the point.

http://www.warnerbros.com/#/page=televisio...amp;type=video/

Edited by tess1988

i think 9HD may be a mix of programs from Channel 9 and Go

because on the Advance Guide

ELEVENTH HOUR Pilot "Resurrection"

@ Wednesday 10:30pm --> M (S) WS

but when it is repeated the next day (thursday)

at 2pm it says M (S) HD WS,

Note it says HD on Thursday but not on wednesday, Tv tonight will have an update next week about available HD programs on GO.

Edited by tess1988

Jeez, 3 hours of CSI on Friday AND Saturday nights? Jeez, couldn't they be a little more creative than that?

More creative like you i guess :P:lol::ninja:

Jeez, 3 hours of CSI on Friday AND Saturday nights? Jeez, couldn't they be a little more creative than that?

well their is alot of CSi episodes so i think its a good idea to have them on both Friday and Saturday, that said i don't really watch any of the CSI, only about 2 or 3 eps a year if that so i might start to watch them again, Yes they could of done so many other things at this time but at least its better then the movies we get down here in Melbourne.

Does anyone know if GO is starting from the first episode?, and Scramble what are your ideas for a Friday or Saturday night on GO?, because you haven't said anything yet.

Im am pretty excited about GO! I dont watch channel 9 except for the occasional movie but there are at least 3 programes on GO! I want to watch, so its already better then 9 IMO. Compared to the other multichanels it rates well with me too - I dont watch sport and SBS 2 has been a bit light on with movies I like(Dear SBS, please show Taxi 2 and 3). ABC2 is getting better (Being Human was pretty good and I never miss Good Game) though.

Im am pretty excited about GO! I dont watch channel 9 except for the occasional movie but there are at least 3 programes on GO! I want to watch, so its already better then 9 IMO. Compared to the other multichanels it rates well with me too - I dont watch sport and SBS 2 has been a bit light on with movies I like(Dear SBS, please show Taxi 2 and 3). ABC2 is getting better (Being Human was pretty good and I never miss Good Game) though.

i really think 9 could do a 'great' multichannels but it seems like they have, i will have to check out more of the movies on SBS2, not really my type but the ones on 9 and 7 are not really my type either, Yes i agree that ABC2 is getting better with Being Human even so i gave up after 2 shows after missing the 2nd ep, just wished their where more music videos on the network but other then that it seems ok, Now im just waiting to see what Channel 7 does because after seeing Channel 9s GO i want to see another network like that from 7, well thats just 1 type of channel from 7 i want to see but who knows what will happen, i think ones 2013 comes and everyone is on digital channel 7 will move all HD shows on SD1 to 7HD and use the other channels(7SD1 & 7SD2) as different channels, i hope show.

i did a mock schedule if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...p;#entry1378424

Hey!

Not sure if it's in this thread or not, but I heard there was an ARIA charts show on Go!

This is a great move, because RAGE has been going downhill ever since they stopped showing the top 50.

I hope at the very least, that this show has a top 50, or at the very least a top 40 or 30.

The brains of channel 9 should put this show on at the same time as Video Hits. (If they can use them). I'm sure this would steal ratings. Maybe they could play a throw a few "classic" songs in the mix too, such as songs by Pearl Jam or Guns N' Roses. This would give a lot of people a reasonable alternative to Video Hits.

i really think 9 could do a 'great' multichannels but it seems like they have, i will have to check out more of the movies on SBS2, not really my type but the ones on 9 and 7 are not really my type either, Yes i agree that ABC2 is getting better with Being Human even so i gave up after 2 shows after missing the 2nd ep, just wished their where more music videos on the network but other then that it seems ok, Now im just waiting to see what Channel 7 does because after seeing Channel 9s GO i want to see another network like that from 7, well thats just 1 type of channel from 7 i want to see but who knows what will happen, i think ones 2013 comes and everyone is on digital channel 7 will move all HD shows on SD1 to 7HD and use the other channels(7SD1 & 7SD2) as different channels, i hope show.

i did a mock schedule if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...p;#entry1378424

Do you mean more music videos on ABC2 or GO!? GO! will have 6-7 hours of music videos each day from midnight/1am till 7am.