Sign in to follow this  

Just wondering if anyone has picked up the new LCN with a scan?

Also, because Perth's 9 is owned by WIN, will we get GO! on August 9 or will it be delayed?

will most likely be 9th August.

(how many hours of HD poker and bull riding can one cope with in prime time)?

One HD'S programming must be pretty good if the only thing people can find to complain about is poker (maybe 4 hours per week and never earlier than 10 pm ) and a whole 1 hour of Bull Riding per week.... lol :lol:

Just checked the Foxtel EPG for the next 2 weeks and ESPN HD alone is scheduling about 12 hours of poker plus many many more hours on the SD sports channels.

Edited by peterca

Just checked the Foxtel EPG for the next 2 weeks and ESPN HD alone is scheduling about 12 hours of poker plus many many more hours on the SD sports channels.

This isn't meant to be a promotion for Foxtel, and I must admit to having no interest at all in ESPN. The point is there are lots of good programs available on BBC HD, Discovery HD and Nat Geo HD for those who aren't into sports, with more HD channels to come later this year.

Just saw an Advert for GO! on NBN.

The add is a Male voice with a hippy coloured GO diagonally across the screen.

The guy says "A new TV channel is coming, where it's good to kick-ass. Go, soon."

For those of you who haven't seen the add, here are some screens:

screen 1

screen 2

screen 3

screen 4

I could upload the 10 second add to YouTube if you guys really want it, but the screens are enough i believe.

One thing Nine should do and it wouldn't cost them a cent, is show episodes of Hey Hey at night starting from 10:30 or 11. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to watch that classic aussie show again. I watched the first episode where they went to a night time slot on youtube recently and it was ****ing hilarious!

One thing Nine should do and it wouldn't cost them a cent, is show episodes of Hey Hey at night starting from 10:30 or 11. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to watch that classic aussie show again. I watched the first episode where they went to a night time slot on youtube recently and it was ****ing hilarious!

Great idea but I don't think (and correct me if I'm wrong) that nine ever held the rights to Hey Hey. Belongs to Sommers/Carroll. Though I was surprised to see Humphrey on NBN the other day thought he got fleeced :P

@Darth

Humphrey has been on NBN for as long as i can remember.

@falco

GO! is apparently going to be SD AND also occupy the NINE HD channel.

I'm not sure what you mean by "occupy the NINE HD channel". Will the HD channel simulcast all or some of Go's programs? Will it show a combination of Go and 9SD material?

Perhaps 9 is going to do what 10 has done with One HD. That is simulcast it in HD and SD. This may mean that WIN (and NB) will do what SC has done, show only the HD edition. With all conflicting reports of what exactly will be done being referenced its probably safer to just wait and see what actually happens.

Edited by DrP

Perhaps 9 is going to do what 10 has done with One HD. That is simulcast it in HD and SD. This may mean that WIN (and NB) will do what SC has done, show only the HD edition. With all conflicting reports of what exactly will be done being referenced its probably safer to just wait and see what actually happens.

I'd believe this post, because steveb works at NBN:

It will be on NBN LCN 88 and will commence at the same time as the capital cities.

i don't think this is correct, from reading through the freeview site it indicates that on WIN GO! will first be on the HD channel and will go to the SD channel in October, presumably at that point they will return 9HD to what it was before. there must be some technical reason why they will not be ready to broadcast the 2nd SD channel right away and so they have to use the HD one till they are ready. so i think you are mixing up NINE and WIN they are not the same. everything i have heard about 9 is that GO! will be the 2nd SD channel and 9HD will either remain as is or become a complete simulcast of 9, we don't know yet, there is no way 9 would make the crazy move that 10 did by having a HD and SD channel both for the minor channel.

the freeview site also makes it clear that GO will be available to NBN viewers as well.

i don't think this is correct, from reading through the freeview site it indicates that on WIN GO! will first be on the HD channel and will go to the SD channel in October, presumably at that point they will return 9HD to what it was before. there must be some technical reason why they will not be ready to broadcast the 2nd SD channel right away and so they have to use the HD one till they are ready. so i think you are mixing up NINE and WIN they are not the same. everything i have heard about 9 is that GO! will be the 2nd SD channel and 9HD will either remain as is or become a complete simulcast of 9, we don't know yet, there is no way 9 would make the crazy move that 10 did by having a HD and SD channel both for the minor channel.

the freeview site also makes it clear that GO will be available to NBN viewers as well.

I reckon 9HD remain as is, but the breakaway programming will be canned and it will just be a similcast of 9 Digital I would prefer if they had the balls to split it up and do both HD for Nine and Go. (I wouldn't know how they work it because obviously they would need to pick the good shows that are worthy of being in HD in the first place). Still we can only hope Nine could be brave in this department.

Ch9 should get 90210 since Ten doesn't show it anymore :(

i hope they do, great show and i would like to see 9HD a mix of content form Channel 9 and GO, I guess they could rename the HD channel because it wouldn't just be 9's programing on it, and wonder if programs on both 9 & GO will start/end at the same time because you would miss 5 mins of the show on GO if u were watching something on Channel 9, well its better then missing 10mins if you were watching Channel 7 before you flicked over to GO.