Sign in to follow this  

Its a channel showing people kicking donkeys? :rolleyes:

Well it IS Channel 9. :):rolleyes::P

They also have the show "Dance your ass off" airing soon. It's all about the Donkey's! More specifically, kicking them! Poor donkey's, did they cause Kerry Packer's death or something?

Since Nine Perth is owned by Win, I'm going to assume here that we'll get Go in HD until the SD channel launches? What bullshit that is!! I'd like to watch whoopi goldberg in high definition!.(lol not really..).. No seriously... It's a good question I thought to ask?

Or is this GO in HD stuff only for reigonal viewers until the SD is launched

I hope this channel has some documentries in the arvos, how I miss those.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...5006022,00.html

Nine chief executive officer David Gyngell says GO!, to be delivered on free-to-air TV on channel 99, aims for the 14-39 demographic with shows including Gossip Girl, Fringe, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Weeds, The Wire and CSI.

Also a poll they are running

Poll Results

Thanks for voting, here are the results so far:

Will Channel 9's new digital channel lift the standards of TV?

Yes

65% (130 votes)

No

34% (68 votes)

Total votes

Total of 198 votes

Edited by ger

One HD'S programming must be pretty good if the only thing people can find to complain about is poker (maybe 4 hours per week and never earlier than 10 pm ) and a whole 1 hour of Bull Riding per week.... lol :lol:

Just checked the Foxtel EPG for the next 2 weeks and ESPN HD alone is scheduling about 12 hours of poker plus many many more hours on the SD sports channels.

And BMX and surfing and fishing, diving, too, Baseball and gridiron, Nazicar racing, not to mention the fill-in guff masquerading as sport such as the profile of the Aussie swimmers before a really major swimming event... Hell, why don't they go the whole hog and show synchronised bl**dy swimming?

A little more Aussie sport on TV is not a problem, but there is no excuse to have an entire HD channel wasted on "sports" that have little relevance to any definition of sport, let alone any relevance to Australia. Instead of those, some HD drama, sci-fi and general entertainment could be shown. But why let that bother anyone.....

Al.

And BMX and surfing and fishing, diving, too, Baseball and gridiron, Nazicar racing, not to mention the fill-in guff masquerading as sport such as the profile of the Aussie swimmers before a really major swimming event... Hell, why don't they go the whole hog and show synchronised bl**dy swimming?

A little more Aussie sport on TV is not a problem, but there is no excuse to have an entire HD channel wasted on "sports" that have little relevance to any definition of sport, let alone any relevance to Australia. Instead of those, some HD drama, sci-fi and general entertainment could be shown. But why let that bother anyone.....

Al.

They actually had synchronised swimming today! :) Is always a spectacle.

Aussie sport is not featured heavily as rights for Aussie sports are expensive and/or have been bought by FOX and thus too expensive for ONE. As soon as those rights go up for grabs again, you could guarantee that ONE would bid for them.

Give it time and you will see other, new channels in HD for exmple, GO! GO! will feature Drama, Sci-Fi and General Entertainment, But i'm getting mixed reports as to whether GO! will be HD permanently or not. You could always watch 7HD. Does it not have Drama, Sci-Fi and General Entertainment? I wouldn't know, because i never really watch 7 (or in my case Prime). Whenever i'm flicking though channels, 7/Prime seems to feature adds, adds, Kochie and more adds.

HD or not, i'm still looking forward to GO!

Now a slightly different tangent. Is anyone clear on:

- What new shows channel 9 will be airing in place of shows currently airing, eg CSI and various other shows?

- Perhaps 9 will keep those on the main channel for those that don't have Digital?

- Also, i'd imagine that GO! doesn't have a 24hr unrepetitive schedule and that the shows will be repeated several times each week ala ONE with its sports.

Can anyone confirm this? It's nothing really important, but more or less a discussion point!

The Freeview website has updated its list of channels, and GO! is only listed as an SD ONLY channel for all regions.

According to the channel list, all regions will be getting GO!, unfortunately no confirmation of dates for all regions, but is assumed that all regions will get it come August 9.

The regions include:

Metro ~ Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth

Regional ~ Canberra, Northern NSW, Southern NSW, Regional VIC, Mildura, Regional QLD, Tasmania, Darwin

The Freeview website has updated its list of channels, and GO! is only listed as an SD ONLY channel for all regions.

According to the channel list, all regions will be getting GO!, unfortunately no confirmation of dates for all regions, but is assumed that all regions will get it come August 9.

The regions include:

Metro ~ Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth

Regional ~ Canberra, Northern NSW, Southern NSW, Regional VIC, Mildura, Regional QLD, Tasmania, Darwin

I rang Win Hobart about GO and was informed that they are going to show it on 80 their HD channel. Go Figure!

I rang Win Hobart about GO and was informed that they are going to show it on 80 their HD channel. Go Figure!

I'm sure that you'll agree that this is all so confusing and a mess... i suppose all will be revealed in just over 2 weeks!

it was posted somewhere that WIN are going to broadcast Go on channel 80 until october, and will then move to 88.

it was posted somewhere that WIN are going to broadcast Go on channel 80 until october, and will then move to 88.

Hope your right HD is going down the drain very fast at the moment.

Are they putting out the schedule for GO today?

im not sure when the schedule will be out for go, um the soft launch in august and as far as i know the channel will fully launch in September so we might have to wait until the soft launch to see the schedule but i hope im wrong.

Also in the ACA Go preview on youtube, 2:36 into it, the girl with the purple top on, what show is she from?, it looks like Skins but i couldn't see Skins at the start of the video but i do hope Go picks op skins even if its season 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxtNPEyb37k

A user on Media Spy said that the guide for Sunday the 9th of August is out anyone got a copy?

~UPDATED~

Programs we can expect from GO!99 ( gathered from articles ):

- Entourage (Airing on SBS soon)

- Gossip Girl

- Sex and the City (Early rumour, Unconfirmed)

- The Wire

- The Hills

- Fringe

- Sarah Connor Chronicles

- Survivor: Gabon

- The Bachelor: Officer & A Gentleman

- The Bachelorette

- Hells Kitchen

- Kitchen Nightmares

- Seinfeld

- Just Shoot Me

- Weeds

- Curb Your Enthusiasm

- Dog The Bounty Hunter

- Entertainment Tonight

- Moonlight

- The Big Bang Theory

- CSI

- CSI: Miami

- CSI: New York

- Priviliged

- Aliens in America

- Wipeout Australia

- Bad Lads Army

- Little Britain

- Neighbours at War

- The Vampire Diaries

- Eleventh Hour

- Bewitched

- I Dream of Jeannie

- The Nanny

- Teen Titans

- Xiaolin Showdown

- The Jetsons

- Starsky & Hutch

- Charlie’s Angels

- Marine Boy

- Thunderbirds

- Scooby Doo

- TMZ

- Dance your ass off

- Australia’s Funniest Home Video Show

- The New Adventures of Old Christine

- The Flintstones

- The ARIA Music Show

- Numerous Cartoons on weekends

- Random movies

Edited by Dyllip

- Australia's Funniest Home Video Show

Will this be a repeat, or are they planning on axing it from the 9 lineup and move it to GO!?

EDIT: looked at schedule, it appears it will be repeats.

EDIT2: down the bottom of the article linked to by Dyllip, there is a link to an advanced guide which covers GO! for at least the first few days.

Edited by digitalj

i will be watching more GO then channel 9.

Overall i really like this lineup and even so i wont be watching every show on Go it really looks good BUT the only problem i have is that Channel 9 said if shows don't work out good on 9 that they will move them to GO, But where?, 8:30-11:30pm Weekdays looks full to me unless they wait until those shows are over or they can stick them at 11:30pm or on the weekend because i can not see 9 moving a show to GO at 7:30pm then they would not be showing TMZ and Seinfeld which i guess would'nt be that bad.

Also does anyone know if Channel 9 has the rights to Skins?

im not sure when the schedule will be out for go, um the soft launch in august and as far as i know the channel will fully launch in September so we might have to wait until the soft launch to see the schedule but i hope im wrong.

Also in the ACA Go preview on youtube, 2:36 into it, the girl with the purple top on, what show is she from?, it looks like Skins but i couldn't see Skins at the start of the video but i do hope Go picks op skins even if its season 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxtNPEyb37k

Nah not Skins. SBS shows Skins. She's from 'Aliens in America'. ...

I don't think Entourage will be on either- it's coming up on SBS.

All in all- weeds, curb, the wire....well that's about where my interest ends...and I've already seen all of the episodes...twice.

If they can 'fast-track' 'decent' shows then it may be worthwile....doubt it

Just checked out the schedule. I don't think there is enough CSI- only 2 nights of that bore-fest?

So Mondays and Tuedays we have trashy reality followed by trashy reality...

Wednesday Sci-fi night- well a poor imitation of Ten HD's lineup- BSG and X-files vs Sarah Connor, 11th Hour and Fringe...hmmm

Ah Australia's funniest home videos every night...though I'm pretty sure many are American....and all lame.

I know it's targeted towards 'young people' but I didn't know they meant young people without a brain...

Uh oh, I don't really like having funniest home videos every weeknight at 6... they should put Seinfeld on at 6:30 - 7:30 so I can escape the bore of ACA, TT and neighbours... and H&A, 7pm Project (pretty dry) and 2.5 men repeats (ergh).

Also, in the advanced guide it says some programs are HD, I wonder if this means there will be a combo HD channel or maybe its just stating which shows are available in HD. Not sure because it lists Funniest Home Videos at 6 as HD, but the news is in HD, but that isn't a necessity.

Edited by Dyllip

7pm Project (pretty dry)

will most likely get axed soon, viewers have fallen from 1.285 million on first show to just above 800k on 4th show.

Season 7 of Curb Your Enthusiasm starts airing this year in the US. They better fast track it here and show it at the same time, otherwise I will once again be using other means. I've already seen every episode of Seasons 1-6 many times and have them on DVD.

Uh oh, I don't really like having funniest home videos every weeknight at 6... they should put Seinfeld on at 6:30 - 7:30 so I can escape the bore of ACA, TT and neighbours... and H&A, 7pm Project (pretty dry) and 2.5 men repeats (ergh).
Don't you receive ABC where you live? There is an advert free 7pm news service, far better than the 6minutes of news (& 8minutes of sport, a couple of mins of some silly gossip story, and 12mins of TV commercials). And the 7.30 report is often very worth watching also. Then you need something to fill in 6-7pm, Time Team fits the bill nicely there (on the day it is on), actually nearly every day of the week ABC has something interesting on between 6 and 7pm.