Sign in to follow this  

on ACA youse must of missed it it said it will launch in regional areas as go!HD as well at the same time i dont know about NBN but it is launching for WIN at the same time

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-au&brand=...sn&tab=m164

right at the end go! will also be launched on the regional affiliate WIN-HD

so i guess it is only gunna be HD

it is possible that tracey saying WINHD instead of WIN was a mistake, hopefully WIN won't be pulling a Southern Cross and only utilising the HD and one SD station. it will make more sense for them to replicate what the cities are getting, especially if 9HD continues having break away programming, if they don't use all 3 channels than regional viewers are being disadvantaged again.

it is possible that tracey saying WINHD instead of WIN was a mistake, hopefully WIN won't be pulling a Southern Cross and only utilising the HD and one SD station. it will make more sense for them to replicate what the cities are getting, especially if 9HD continues having break away programming, if they don't use all 3 channels than regional viewers are being disadvantaged again.

they can't get away with 1 HD channel and 1 SD Channel, because if they tried to use their HD channel to broadcast GO!, they would fail to achieve the minimum hours of HD due to GO! being an SD Channel. Do you really think that 9 is going to go to the trouble to provide the content on Go! to WIN/NBN in HD when 9 aren't doing it in HD?

9 HD is separate to Go, i.e. 9 will have 3 unique channels.

Have you got any evidence of this?

I figure lots of the breakaway HD programs will just move onto Go!99.

ie: the HD channel will no longer show anything unique.

as pointed out on knowfirst, a number of the shows to be aired on this channel are shows that were axed by 9 over the past year or so

I wouldn't mind that - if Go!99 can keep shows that 9 stops showing that's a good thing.

Nein better do what Ten was too chicken to do, and that is to make the HD channel the best of their two channels. Will be nothing worse than all that great programming they are going to have on "Go" being on super-low res SD (nearly everything in that list is awesome looking HD!).

If the HD channel isn't going to be unique, it'd be great to have the HD channel showing the best of both SD channels. Much harder work for 9 than just to show one though, isn't it?

(ACA) said it will launch in regional areas as go!HD as well at the same time i dont know about NBN but it is launching for WIN at the same time

Odd, but I can't realistically trust ACA.

(WIN) can't get away with 1 HD channel and 1 SD Channel, because if they tried to use their HD channel to broadcast GO!, they would fail to achieve the minimum hours of HD due to GO! being an SD Channel. Do you really think that 9 is going to go to the trouble to provide the content on Go! to WIN/NBN in HD when 9 aren't doing it in HD?

Too many unknowns there anyway.

Hey I thought the minimum HD requirements were dropped beginning of last year?

Unlikely, anyone that is a pay TV subscriber has already seen most of that lineup.

Though it certainly is another reason for many to not bother with PayTV. At least those prefering options other than discs or the internet.

Now if only it was a HD channel. Then I'd probably be more likely to tune in to rewatch some of the shows mentioned in HD. In any case this channel will be at useful to me, unlike OneHD.

Edited by sulimo

Does one need to do a rescan on August the 9th or will it just appear on the STB?

cheers laurie

Does one need to do a rescan on August the 9th or will it just appear on the STB?

I'd think that that would depend on your STB. Standards say that it should do it automatically, but not all do. Did you need to rescan when One SD came on?

That's entirely up to how the firmware in your STB behaves. If it supports the DVB standard properly it will magically appear in your channel list next time you tune to a '9' channel (or WIN or NBN).

If you are lucky, tuning to Nine Guide and waiting might get it to pick up the change, but most likely a rescan would be needed.

Will Go appear on foxtel from the 9th of August? If so how will they fit it onto the bandwidth?

Edited by timy

The Freeview website has updated its Media section with the Media Release of GO!. As well as briefly mentioning ABC3 coming later in the year, it also mentions one more unannounced channel to launch later this year. I would assume that it is Seven's long awaited second SD channel.

Just waiting on the full confirmation that GO! will be on NBN and if it will be launching Aug9 or later. Anyone know about this and/or any extra info about the WIN launch date?

Edited by darthfyer

Just mentioned now on WIN news confirmation of GO for August on the HD channel and then from October on a second SD channel...

Nein better do what Ten was too chicken to do, and that is to make the HD channel the best of their two channels. Will be nothing worse than all that great programming they are going to have on "Go" being on super-low res SD (nearly everything in that list is awesome looking HD!).

That would do for sure Tony ; make sure the 5.1 shows like terminator and fringe arent just dd 2.0 . Strange that CSI is regarded as a 14-39 demographic show ;wont be watching that in sd for sure. Could live with most shows being sd if they make dd5.1 a reality though :mellow: HD all the better though..

Edited by cwt

Will Go appear on foxtel from the 9th of August? If so how will they fit it onto the bandwidth?

Probably not until D3 goes up. Might appear on cable.

There are at least 2 things which I find concerning.

Firstly, nothing has been said about what changes there will be in the programming on 9HD. Will the shows shown on Go no longer be shown on 9HD? It would be a crime :) not to show the HD versions of programs like the CSIs and the last 2 seasons of Survivor (which were filmed in glorious widescreen HD). It is to be hoped that 9 are more sensible than 10/One in their choice of programs for the HD channel (how many hours of HD poker and bull riding can one cope with in prime time)?

The second issue is how degraded the pictures will be on each of 9's channels after they reduce the bitrate on 9 and 9 HD to make room for Go in their allowable bandwidth? The same of course will happen when 7 begin their second SD channel.

The sad irony is that as the consumer is urged to buy bigger plasmas or LCDs which can display beautifully detailed pictures, the travesty of commercial TV in this country dictates that the quality of transmissions is becoming worse instead of better.

Foxtel IS expensive, but for those who value picture quality, the Foxtel HD channels leave Freeview for dead.

Just wondering if anyone has picked up the new LCN with a scan?

Also, because Perth's 9 is owned by WIN, will we get GO! on August 9 or will it be delayed?