Sign in to follow this  

NBN News stated tonight that GO! will be broadcasted on LCN 88 meaning that I would say LCN 81 will soon be gone

did they say that it will start the same day that it starts in Sydney?

Programs we can expect from GO!99 ( gathered from articles ):

- Entourage

- Gossip Girl

- Sex and the City

- The Wire

- The Hills

- Fringe

- Sarah Connor Chronicles

- Survivor: Gabon

- The Bachelor: Officer & A Gentleman

- The Bachelorette

- Hells Kitchen

- Kitchen Nightmares

- Seinfeld

- Just Shoot Me

- Weeds

- Curb Your Enthusiasm

- Dog The Bounty Hunter

- Entertainment Tonight

- Moonlight

- The Big Bang Theory

- CSI

- CSI: Miami

- CSI: New York

- Priviliged

- Aliens in America

- Wipeout Australia

- Bad Lads Army

- Little Britain

- Neighbours at War

- The Vampire Diaries

- Eleventh Hour

Edited by Dyllip

did they say that it will start the same day that it starts in Sydney?

They never gave a start date but I would assume that it would start at the same time. I was waiting to see if ACA gave a start date but they didn't either. Nor on NineMSN

Yeah but NONE in HD in Canberra....

Just like in the other cities, it is SD only. If WIN do the SD channel, which they apparently will, you aren't missing out on anything.

Nein better do what Ten was too chicken to do, and that is to make the HD channel the best of their two channels. Will be nothing worse than all that great programming they are going to have on "Go" being on super-low res SD (nearly everything in that list is awesome looking HD!).

in my opinion i reakon foxtel/austar will be sh***ng in their boots right now. Absolute credit where credits due to Nine/Win for this channel. Finally there is a glimpse that freeview may actually be this pay tv killer that the FTA networks have been taunting. As soo as this is launched in Tassie, im cancelling my Austar/mystar package and will probably get a second Tivo.

in my opinion i reakon foxtel/austar will be sh***ng in their boots right now. Absolute credit where credits due to Nine/Win for this channel. Finally there is a glimpse that freeview may actually be this pay tv killer that the FTA networks have been taunting. As soo as this is launched in Tassie, im cancelling my Austar/mystar package and will probably get a second Tivo.

Unlikely, anyone that is a pay TV subscriber has already seen most of that lineup. Want to see it whole and intact without the usual chop chop and popups that is commercial FTA TV (trust me, what you saw happen on the 'main' channel will apply to the new ones too) pay TV will still be the only way to see it (putting aside *ahem* the global backup facility and discs).

Edited by DrP

NBN News stated tonight that GO! will be broadcasted on LCN 88 meaning that I would say LCN 81 will soon be gone

What are they using LCN 81 for at the moment?

as pointed out on knowfirst, a number of the shows to be aired on this channel are shows that were axed by 9 over the past year or so, so anyone think a more appropriate channel name might be:

"9's Recycled Garbage"?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Already is: 9 G(arbage)O(ut) :lol:

As an aside, are the programmes to be shown on this channel shown on Foxtel without any ad breaks? I would find that hard to believe (but even if it is the case nothing would persuade me to pay Fox's extortionate fees.)

Al.

on ACA youse must of missed it it said it will launch in regional areas as go!HD as well at the same time i dont know about NBN but it is launching for WIN at the same time

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-au&brand=...sn&tab=m164

right at the end go! will also be launched on the regional affiliate WIN-HD

so i guess it is only gunna be HD

Edited by adamnewy

If they happen to make it to showcase or movie extra yes shown sans breaks. Showcase is running quite a lot of interesting stuff lately. If the shows appear on Foxtel's other channels in all likelyhood they have ad breaks. But the breaks still aren't anywhere as intrusive / poorly timed as they are on FTA and you don't have to put up with popups promoting the latest whatever crap it is the FTAs are trying to push.