• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've been watching GO! a lot, you've probably seen this Nude By Nature mineral make up commercial with a guy saying "I think my girlfriend looks very hot!" in a European accent. Well.. this video made me piss myself laughing;

bwahahaha... nice.

What shits me about that ad is the woman who says "You're giving it to me for free? It must be good!" ...just how do you make a leap like that? "You're giving away? It can't be worth very much!" might be a better assessment.

Then there's the ad for the 48 hour detox... why do they give away a month's trial for something that is supposed to work in two days? (not sure if this is on Go! or Foxtel TBH, but anyway...)

bwahahaha... nice.

What shits me about that ad is the woman who says "You're giving it to me for free? It must be good!" ...just how do you make a leap like that? "You're giving away? It can't be worth very much!" might be a better assessment.

Then there's the ad for the 48 hour detox... why do they give away a month's trial for something that is supposed to work in two days? (not sure if this is on Go! or Foxtel TBH, but anyway...)

What is it with these makeup ads?

The worst i reckon is the one with kiwi bogans advertising 'Thun Luzzie'. :lol:

If you want bogans you can't go past the ones from Melbourne on Highway Patrol on Seven.

:lol: Nah, they've got nothing on the cultured kiwi's you see on TVNZ Motorway Patrol, Renters, Neighbours At War, Police Ten 7, Coast Watch, Border Patrol etc. :P

Not a fan of the blatant Windows 7 advertising 'mashed' into the GO promo thingy.

Good advertising dollars for the network though.

Quite apparent from the article people with their HD displays prefer content over pq

Good PQ doesn't count for much if the shows and choice sucks.

I reckon it's more of a FOX8-cross-TV1 type network.

Yeah, you're right. Probably more TV1 than the other. Which is not a bad thing at all.

Oh dear god, i just saw an ad on GO for Australian Funniest Home Videos nightly at 6... I thought they got rid of that ad when the Flinstones and Jetsons took that spot. I bet it was just the NBN broadcast screwing up again. I seem to see the odd ad on the NBN GO for shows that are no longer on anymore or for shows that are on at different times now. :huh:

You know, when i saw the ad, it frightened me. I thought AFHV had returned to 6. Fortunately it hasn't. :D

An interesting story on crikey.com.au about Foxtel viewers leaving the paid service for the FTA digital multi-channels.

What on earth is a dint? Does he mean dent?

People who critique really must use a spell checker, such an error makes the review seem a little half arsed.

s

Edited by StephenSLR

it's white-out (Liquid Paper for some)

There's much better ways to get blotto and that stuff'll kill ya.

Racist and homophobic = Australian people (some at least)

Are you calling me racist?

Caucasian NZ'ers also share the same accent.

As for homophobic, at first thought you were telling me to use 'tina but that wouldn't stop one watching TV so I googled the definition of Twink, result here: Twink

You're the one using the term, first I ever heard of it.

racist = Australian people

I realise this, it's typically (but not exclusively) Australians with at least grandparents born here of Irish/English heritage.

I happen to be Caucasian, born here and was also called a wog growing up in Sydney.

s

Edited by StephenSLR