Any Pricing Yet On The Panasonic Th-p50v10a Coming In August?-

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found this Myer catalogue which has the S model at $2799 as part of a sale . Were you thinking it was the V-model as that model is being discussed in this thread...$2799 is overpriced for the S model.

http://catalogues.myer.com.au/portal/offer...ll+HD+Plasma+TV

No - as i said, the panel is not in store yet. Christ, I would shoot myself if I bought the S model for $2800 - my father picked up the 50G10A for $2600 last week. :lol:

wow if $2800 ends up being the possible street price that's a fantastic start!

The Myer price is $3299 for the TH-P50V10A. They have a 15% off electrical sale at the moment (no idea how long it goes for). Basically I rang them up as a Myer card holder to confirm what price I would get as I received a Myer one offer in the mail saying I would get $10 back for every $75 spent on electrical. That works out to roughly 12.5% I think (too early) and the said the 15% was a better deal (unfortunately I couldn't add the Myer one deal to an existing sale - dammit).

I had to ask a few times, as they were not familiar with it as it is not in store yet.

Edited by rabbitoh1

The Myer price is $3299 for the TH-P50V10A. They have a 15% off electrical sale at the moment (no idea how long it goes for). Basically I rang them up as a Myer card holder to confirm what price I would get as I received a Myer one offer in the mail saying I would get $10 back for every $75 spent on electrical. That works out to roughly 12.5% I think (too early) and the said the 15% was a better deail (unfortunately I couldn't add the Myer one deal to an existing sale - dammit).

I had to ask a few times, as they were not familiar with it as it is not in store yet.

So is it as simple as getting 15% off the $3299 ticket price to arrive at $2800? Would this be at any Myer or is it a state-specific sale?

Any possibility you'd be prepared to make your receipt available ?

So is it as simple as getting 15% off the $3299 ticket price to arrive at $2800? Would this be at any Myer or is it a state-specific sale?

Any possibility you'd be prepared to make your receipt available ?

not today as i am WFH but I could on Monday. in saying that, yes you are right. they looked up the price, applied the 15% and that was it. nothing special on my part lol.

purchased from myer sydney city store.

Edited by rabbitoh1

The Myer price is $3299 for the TH-P50V10A. They have a 15% off electrical sale at the moment (no idea how long it goes for). Basically I rang them up as a Myer card holder to confirm what price I would get as I received a Myer one offer in the mail saying I would get $10 back for every $75 spent on electrical. That works out to roughly 12.5% I think (too early) and the said the 15% was a better deal (unfortunately I couldn't add the Myer one deal to an existing sale - dammit).

I have just spoken with a senior manager in electronics at Myer Chadstone re the V model. She told me they don't have a price for it in their computer system yet - which is national, so it is fascinating that you have any price, let alone $3299, and were able to order it. Can you say which branch you ordered through and who the salesperson was? What about an invoice for the order? I am a huge sceptic of what you're claiming.

I have just spoken with a senior manager in electronics at Myer Chadstone re the V model. She told me they don't have a price for it in their computer system yet - which is national, so it is fascinating that you have any price, let alone $3299, and were able to order it. Can you say which branch you ordered through and who the salesperson was? What about an invoice for the order? I am a huge sceptic of what you're claiming.

mate, whatever. search through my posts, i have been a member for a while i don't spam or bullshit. i ordered it through myer city store (i.e market st store, opposite QVB, sydney) and the sales person name is Hamid.

would u like me to go into work just to scan it for you today :rolleyes: wait till monday otherwise.

That senior manager probably doesnt know what they are talking about (typical) as I was also give that price from Myer Brisbane. Its in their system.

That senior manager probably doesnt know what they are talking about (typical) as I was also give that price from Myer Brisbane. Its in their system.

Hey Guys,

Rabbitoh1 is correct regarding the price. I was in the city store on Thursday night and the Myer Rep. also gave me a good quote. ^_^

Believe it or not, i did put down a deposit this morning for the following:

$2600 for the P50V10A.

$399 for the Ext. Warranty 4 year. (i think it was rather expensive, but I guess they have to make their money somehow?) :rolleyes:

$75 for the delivery but haggled down to $55 because we had a Myer One card.

Perhaps someone else can get a better price? I would be interested to know.

It's a 2-3+ week wait for the delivery, hopefully. There's no problems for a 2-3+ week wait since I was one of those who was in queue for the 850A back last christmas, but gave up because there was just a massive back order. (cliche, but patience is a virtue)

Ironically I do see that the floor stock for the 850A in the city store at the $2.8K mark ;)

Hope that helps someone else with their purchase. :)

Hey Guys,

Rabbitoh1 is correct regarding the price. I was in the city store on Thursday night and the Myer Rep. also gave me a good quote. ^_^

$2600 for the P50V10A.

$399 for the Ext. Warranty 4 year. (i think it was rather expensive, but I guess they have to make their money somehow?) :rolleyes:

It's a 2-3+ week wait for the delivery, hopefully. There's no problems for a 2-3+ week wait since I was one of those who was in queue for the 850A back last christmas, but gave up because there was just a massive back order. (cliche, but patience is a virtue)

Ironically I do see that the floor stock for the 850A in the city store at the $2.8K mark ;)

cheers rank1, I was offered the warranty for $199, I guess one way or the other they make their $$ :D

slugged $75 for the delivery though. can u post on here once you get confirmation of a delivery date? i will do the same.

Hey Guys,

$2600 for the P50V10A.

Ok, so there is some inconsistency between Myer stores and it's a mystery that a manager did not know a V price when the model is already being ordered interstate. rank1, would you be able to share a receipt or invoice which I could put forward to secure a competitive price?

Cannot understand how Myer Brisbane is giving prices whereas Myer Chadstone don't even have prices in their system. This discrepancy doesn't make sense.

Cannot understand how Myer Brisbane is giving prices whereas Myer Chadstone don't even have prices in their system. This discrepancy doesn't make sense.

I would blame the user (the manager you spoke with). I was at HN Moore Park two weekends in a row. In the first instance, the person I dealt with didn't know of the v series but was able to find it in his system. When I went back the following week to see what deal could be done, the first guy I spoke with could not find it in their ordering system. He had to get someone to assist him to find it. If I hadn't have spoken with someone in the very same store the week previously, I would have assumed he was correct and they had not yet ordered any v series.

Anyway, you do not need a receipt, you are saying it is not even in their system (or there is no price, is it strange to have a model on order with no price?) according to the manager you spoke with. How are they going to price match? You need someone who knows how to operate it :D

I would blame the user (the manager you spoke with). I was at HN Moore Park two weekends in a row. In the first instance, the person I dealt with didn't know of the v series but was able to find it in his system. When I went back the following week to see what deal could be done, the first guy I spoke with could not find it in their ordering system. He had to get someone to assist him to find it. If I hadn't have spoken with someone in the very same store the week previously, I would have assumed he was correct and they had not yet ordered any v series.

Anyway, you do not need a receipt, you are saying it is not even in their system (or there is no price, is it strange to have a model on order with no price?) according to the manager you spoke with. How are they going to price match? You need someone who knows how to operate it :D

Yes, perhaps the manager was incompetent. Still rather strange them not knowing. I have only tried one Myer store thus far (Chadstone). I will contact other Myer & non-Myer stores. Perhaps it will show in another branch or another store. In any event a competitive receipt such as yours would be welcome if you're prepared to. Monday is fine. Thanks.

I don't believe so. If it isn't listed on the AU Panasonic site now I think it is safe to assume we won't be getting it.

Bugga ! OK next question, If I had a U.S one would it work here in OZ. I work in the transport industry and can ship pretty cheaply.

At $2300 US to buy may be an option.

Hat off to you Rabbitoh1, your info was spot on after to speaking to Myer. Cheers.

Bugga ! OK next question, If I had a U.S one would it work here in OZ. I work in the transport industry and can ship pretty cheaply.

At $2300 US to buy may be an option.

Couple problems would be first...the power supply. US used 110V but im sure power adapter would work ok. Secondly would be the tuner. I would assume the digital tuner in the TV would only be for US Standards so you would have to look at buying a STB. Just a few thoughts

Yes, perhaps the manager was incompetent. Still rather strange them not knowing. I have only tried one Myer store thus far (Chadstone). I will contact other Myer & non-Myer stores. Perhaps it will show in another branch or another store. In any event a competitive receipt such as yours would be welcome if you're prepared to. Monday is fine. Thanks.

Lucky I went into Myer today as the 15% off deal ends today. Ordered a P50V10A for $2804 + $54 delivery ( $3299 - 15% ). No idea on delivery as their Melbourne distribution centre has not received any yet. Happy about the price though.