Sign in to follow this  
wilsact

Nightmare Dealings With Digitalcentre

The case of online comment has been tested with the various travel and hotel sites. Comment can be made with respect to impressions and review as long as they are not slandering a business. I see the linked thread points to a comment made by someone claiming to be from the business threatening legal action was a while ago in any case. I think discussing the customer service you get is fine if factual, but I think with any business, and I have an issue right now I am trying to get resolved, it is best to try to work out a solution with the business before going into writing about them. You hear a lot of bad reports about an organisation where the organisation has had no chance to respond or fix the issue (not saying this falls into that category) and people do tend to write bad reports more than they write good ones. The best solution is obviously one where we get what we are after, and the easiest way to do that is having open dialogue between the parties.

Absolutely spot-on

Anyone can re-print a warranty card and just possibly the Onkyo was in stock, was it re-taped by ambertech?

I have had dealings and similar legal response from a large boat manufacturer whom I questioned their claimed hull material-very little can be done by a business unless there is sufficent evidence against your claims-1 persons word against another is rarely enough.

I believe the word reprint is incorrect. The word should be forged. If this were the case and it could be proven then the court case would be cut and dried B)

Hi People, I have just got off the phone to digital center... I ordered a motorised screen 2 weeks ago, paid 79 dollars shipping and am yet to receive anything....

I was promised a tracking number on friday... (today is Monday) and nothing as yet...

so...

after reading the great dealings with these fantastic people on here I called Herma...

after 10 mins of explaining my situation to them (i only wanted to know IF the screen had been ordered by digital centre for me) I spoke to there accountant who told me Digital centres credit HAD BEEN STOPPED as they have not paid there account... hmmm

so I demanded my money back.

Now I am waiting to see how long that takes...

ANNOYED!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!!!

If you paid by credit card just contact your bank and insist on a chargeback.

unfortunately I paid by direct crediting there bank acc...

Of course I have the paper trail but I doubt I will get my refund in a hurry...

I also questioned them on delivery costs of 79.00... I thought that was excessive...

I just ordered a screen from Justprojectors and freight was 28.00 and will be here in 2 days... heres hoping

Hi People, I have just got off the phone to digital center... I ordered a motorised screen 2 weeks ago, paid 79 dollars shipping and am yet to receive anything.... I was promised a tracking number on friday... (today is Monday) and nothing as yet... so... after reading the great dealings with these fantastic people on here I called Herma... after 10 mins of explaining my situation to them (i only wanted to know IF the screen had been ordered by digital centre for me) I spoke to there accountant who told me Digital centres credit HAD BEEN STOPPED as they have not paid there account... hmmm so I demanded my money back. Now I am waiting to see how long that takes... ANNOYED!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!!!
Just out of interest, and not that it helps you (maybe you don't want to say?), but with the $79 shipping added on top what was the advantage of going to these guys anyway? How much roughly are you saving over a B&M store, or a more widely used online store? Just interested how much money people are saving that makes them want to take a risk with these types of organisations? Especially one that wants direct deposit? Edited by SDL

unfortunately I paid by direct crediting there bank acc...

Of course I have the paper trail but I doubt I will get my refund in a hurry...

I also questioned them on delivery costs of 79.00... I thought that was excessive...

I just ordered a screen from Justprojectors and freight was 28.00 and will be here in 2 days... heres hoping

With DC it might help to tell them you're lodging a complaint with the Small Claims Tribunal if you don't have the money back in your account within 24 hours - and don't be afraid to follow through on the threat.

Oh absolutely... these assholes totally mucked me around... they have had my money for 2 weeks now and they assured me they will transfer the money back to me tonight... i have my doubts tho cos I asked for proof via email remittance..and still waiting at 5pm melbourne time.

Amazingly I got my money back in my bank acc when promised.... still slack tho these people keeping my money for 2 weeks and not even ordering my screen within that time...

REMEMBER people.... Digital centre have had there account suspended at Herma as they have not paid there account... DO NOT place an order with them no matter what the price is....

Good news that you've got your money back. :) Amazes me how these clowns are still in business.

Lesson to be learned there, always buy a fixed screen :D

lol@ oztheatre... not all of us can afford dedicated home theatres... i have to make do with my 55inch LCD tv on the wall and a 112inch motorised screen dropping down in front for movies sport etc...

OH great,

I just placed an order for a Netegar modem/ router

DGND3700. I paid via paypal, and as soon as i sent payment, I realised, oh no, I should not deal with these mongrels.

Well here hoping my modem turns up anyway... I will call them at the end of the week if i hear nothing.

How has everyone else gone?

Thanks Sten

I just recently bought a Mits.HC4000 off them..The advertised price was way below any other online store.about half the price of others.which concerned me a bit..Reminded me of the ols saying.."If it sounds too good to be true etc" .. and probably wouldn't have gone ahead with the deal had I seen all these posts first..

I payed through PayPal, so if there was any problems, I would have a chance of getting my money back..My bank takes forever to reclaim monies..

They hadn't provided me with a tracking number, so I called them about that and received an email with the details that afternoon..

Other than that..the unit arrived safely 10 days later!

I guess I was just one of the lucky ones! But from the above posts..they seem to be very inconsistent in their dealings ..Very similar to other Asian based online stores from my experience..