Sign in to follow this  

My other disc, which shipped on August 30, arrived today. Not quite as impressive as the first one but still much quicker than I had anticipated!

Excellent , hopefully my order shipped the 28th will arrive tomorrow!

Ordered & shipped 29th, still waiting :(

Mine arrived today so hopefully yours will also :D

Hi, all

I have bought a lot from Amazon UK especially since the date when free shipping to Australia was promoted. I have never had any product damage during shipping. I also took note of delivery time for each shipment. On average, it will take from 10 to 12 days since being dispatched to reach destination in Victoria with free Royal Airmail.

I had a package problem about 5 weeks ago when I ordered three bluray disks including The Way Back. The corner of each case was heavily damaged (all there of them). If I had resided in the UK I should have returned the products for replacement. However, given the waiting time, I decided not to return. I went to Jbhifi and bought three new bluray cases for them. I put my complaints in the packaging feedback for Amazon to know. I think this is one of the disadvantages of buying from overseas and I accept the risk.

Edited by vhd611

Hi, all

I had a package problem about 5 weeks ago when I ordered three bluray disks including The Way Back. The corner of each case was heavily damaged (all there of them). If I had resided in the UK I should have returned the products for replacement. However, given the waiting time, I decided not to return. I went to Jbhifi and bought three new bluray cases for them. I put my complaints in the packaging feedback for Amazon to know. I think this is one of the disadvantages of buying from overseas and I accept the risk.

Packaging feebacks are just... feedbacks! You don't get any results.

You should EMAIL your complaint to Amazon, they will replace/refund the damaged items and even paid for return cost (if they want the items returned!)

Packaging feebacks are just... feedbacks! You don't get any results.

You should EMAIL your complaint to Amazon, they will replace/refund the damaged items and even paid for return cost (if they want the items returned!)

Thank you for your comment on my problem. I of course know that I could return the products to them and they would pay me shipping cost. However, it would take about a month before I could see the movies. Because of this I did not bother to email in order to complain. My package feedback would be sufficient for them to know the problem of not air-wrapping the cases in the parcel.

What I did was I bought three new cases from Jbhifi at 50 cents each (at special offer) because I was buying something else there. So, I was happy to pay 1.50 AUD extra to avoid one month of shipping back and forth. I buy blurays from overseas and I accept the risk like this situation.

Edited by vhd611

Thank you for your comment on my problem. I of course know that I could return the products to them and they would pay me shipping cost. However, it would take about a month before I could see the movies. Because of this I did not bother to email in order to complain. My package feedback would be sufficient for them to know the problem of not air-wrapping the cases in the parcel.

What I did was I bought three new cases from Jbhifi at 50 cents each (at special offer) because I was buying something else there. So, I was happy to pay 1.50 AUD extra to avoid one month of shipping back and forth. I buy blurays from overseas and I accept the risk like this situation.

Obviously you didn't know much.... They would send the replacements immediately while you're watching those movies! And quite often they don't even want the damaged items returned!

Anyway, it's entirely YOUR choice....

Obviously you didn't know much.... They would send the replacements immediately while you're watching those movies! And quite often they don't even want the damaged items returned!

Anyway, it's entirely YOUR choice....

Dear Adelaide

1. You are correct that I did not have a lot of experience on buying via Amazon UK. I should have emailed them about the broken cases.

2. Therefore, thank you for letting me know and I feel lucky that you have told me what I should have done. I will do next time because as long as the free shipping offer is still there I will buy from Amazon UK.

Thank you Adelaide.

So, still no word on the free shipping going past 30/09?

I guess there's still time so we can all keep our fingers crossed! :)

I have a problem..

I bought some books but I didn't open the lot for almost four months and two of them are soaked and spoilt. I am very sure it was NOT my fault. Is there any redress?

When does the free shipping end?

EDIT: the typo is my fault.... I left out the NOT... :)

Edited by petetherock

I have a problem..

I bought some books but I didn't open the lot for almost four months and two of them are soaked and spoilt. I am very sure it was my fault. Is there any redress?

When does the free shipping end?

If your sure its your fault, what is there to redress ?

My recent experience :

I ordered a mixture of BRs and dvds - 10 items in one order. The order was to be sent by free delivery.

They were all listed as in stock yet for some reason 1 box set was sent immediately by priority mail with tracking and it arrived on the 6th day. :)

It went from Germany to England then to Dubai, Melbourne and then Adelaide all in 6 days. :)

Eight items were posted in one delivery the next day without tracking and an estimate of 6th October!

The last box set was "dispatching soon" and sat there for 6 days until it was posted over the weekend with an estimate of 7 October.

I cannot understand how, why or what they do...

If your sure its your fault, what is there to redress ?

Sigh, I left out the NOT, the wet books were not my fault...

The issue is seeking redress since it has been 4 months.

Edited by petetherock

Sigh, I left out the NOT, the wet books were not my fault...

The issue is seeking redress since it has been 4 months.

Yes you should give yourself a smack on the back of the head for waiting so long :P:lol:

Say they just arrived and they are damaged though hard to believe they are still soaked after 4 months :rolleyes:

Edited by bbar

Here is the kicker... they came in a plastic wrapping, and it was soaked from within... can't be my fault :(