• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got LOTR Extended Edition BD from Amazon UK. Just found out that the special features discs dont work in Region 4 players. Good to know that I still got the orginal DVD extended editions so have got 6 of the 9 discs in Region 4. Just not sure either to take the discs out and replace them with the previous release or just leave the Region 2 discs in, what did everyone end up doing?

Still $50 AUD is alot cheaper than $125 from JB.

Which player do you have... can it be unlocked for region-free DVD playback?

JSmith :ninja:

• 4 weeks later...

Just got LOTR Extended Edition BD from Amazon UK. Just found out that the special features discs dont work in Region 4 players. Good to know that I still got the orginal DVD extended editions so have got 6 of the 9 discs in Region 4. Just not sure either to take the discs out and replace them with the previous release or just leave the Region 2 discs in, what did everyone end up doing?

Still $50 AUD is alot cheaper than $125 from JB.

I just found out one week ago that the LOTR special features DVD discs dont work in Region 4 players also. I have a Panasonic 110 3D player, this is what i did, first i contacted Amazon UK and told them the story........

" Comments:When i went to play the special feature DVDs of EACH of the LOTR , guess what, they don't play its says they aren't of this region. The blurays play fine but the DVDs are locked, which is weird as the UK and AUS are the same region, hence the fact i have purchased over $1000 worth of bluray movies from you. So my question is WHAT REGION ARE THEY.............."

Within 4 days i had an apology and $40 refunded into my account, they said keep the discs also............great result.

Next i rang Panasonic they gave me the name and number of a local authorized repairer, i went down there this morning and they unlocked it for DVD while i waited.

Got home and put the LOTR DVD in and it works fine. Sometimes things turn out fine..............Sometimes.

Edited by mcwayne1

I just found out one week ago that the LOTR special features DVD discs dont work in Region 4 players also. I have a Panasonic 110 3D player, this is what i did, first i contacted Amazon UK and told them the story........

" Comments:When i went to play the special feature DVDs of EACH of the LOTR , guess what, they don't play its says they aren't of this region. The blurays play fine but the DVDs are locked, which is weird as the UK and AUS are the same region, hence the fact i have purchased over $1000 worth of bluray movies from you. So my question is WHAT REGION ARE THEY.............."

Within 4 days i had an apology and $40 refunded into my account, they said keep the discs also............great result.

Next i rang Panasonic they gave me the name and number of a local authorized repairer, i went down there this morning and they unlocked it for DVD while i waited.

Got home and put the LOTR DVD in and it works fine. Sometimes things turn out fine..............Sometimes.

did u repay Amazon UK the money!

Surely you are aware than Australia and the UK don't share the same DVD region?

EDIT: Also what bbar says.

I think when it ships they are supposed to have a disclaimer about region compatibility (Amazon US does) so this may be why the refunded

has anyone else experienced deliveries from Amzon.co.uk where it appears to have been sent via Post Logistics in Sunshine Victoria ? I had something arrive very very late (because the delivery address was missing State & Country details). The label said 'If undelivered please return to Post Logistics SunShine VIC'

Are Amazon having AusPost handle some of the inner countries deliverys and taking it out of the international post ring ?

Amazon UK clearly states the regions of this set before purchase:

"Region: Region B/2 (Read more about DVD/Blu-ray formats.)"

Edited by Vieira4

Gee you were lucky... why should Amazon pay for your oversight?

AUS has never been the same for DVD's as the UK, there are more regions for DVD than Bluray regions.

Almost all standalone DVD players can be "unlocked", and most BD players for DVD's. Region B is AUS and UK for Blu, region 2 for DVD's is UK/Europe only.

At least your player is unlocked now, so you won't have to worry for any future DVD purchases or special features discs. :)

P.S. What's with the bold type?

JSmith :ninja:

• 2 months later...

Bonus refund ?

received email from Amazon UK

"The following title decreased in price: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey [blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + UV Copy][Region Free]

Price on order date: £20.00

Price charged at dispatch: £20.00

Lowest price up to and including release date: £15.99

Amount to be refunded:£3.34

£4.01 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee."

But upon reviewing the despatch notice I see this:-

"Delivery Information 1 X The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey [blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + UV Copy][Region Free]

Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.£16.67"

So now I am waiting to see what appears in my account

Regards

Edited by bernievink

yes ... but a tad galling when you consider I ordered it off them the day after release for £15

I have given up on their shammy pre-order guarantees as it just means they wait 24 hours before dropping their release day pricing.

Bernie, looks like the £4.01 is the amount before deduction of VAT - expect you'll only get the £3.34 (£4.01 / 1.2).

You are correct If I try to buy it now the price before VAT is 13.33

So as I paid 16.67 the difference is 3.34

Well picked up Quark

Edited by bernievink

• 2 weeks later...