• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Placed an order for 5 discs on Sat 8th, they shipped as 1 and 4 a few hours apart Tues 11th, got the single disc package friday, am hoping the rest will be there this afternoon when I get home from work, both Royal Mail.

Edited by <<AJ>>

Is it just me or when you get that email saying they have been shipped by Royal mail it gives you a nice warm feeling inside knowing that you will be getting the delivery sooner rather than later.

Agree totally :)

Email on Saturday saying my order shipped (via Royal mail).

Arrived yesterday (Tuesday).

Place an order on the 8th Aug (sat) and received email on Monday that`s its been dispatched using Royal mail.

Received today on the 19th August, is what they predicted.

Tho the packaging that it came in was the worse ive ever seen in a disc purchase. A hard shake would had have them falling out.

My order shipped last Thursday and got it today... 7 days.

But the parcel man delivered it to the wrong address and the person happened to accept the parcel cause she was waiting for an amazon parcel too! But she was nice enough to drop them off when she realised she didn't order Band of Brothers and Planet Earth. Phew!

I don't know if anyone else has had this experience but it might be something to be aware of.

I had 4 BDs in the basket and they totalled 78 pounds. When I went to Checkout the order suddenly totalled 87 pounds, plus delivery charge of 9 pounds.

So I went back and di it all again. This time 78 pounds became 68 pounds plus delivery of 8 pounds. So I naturally ordered at this price and got the confirmation email.

Whether I will get an email saying there has been a mistake I have you to find out, but I will be watching more closely in future.

Bring back pound signs on keyboards!

UK

(auto-shipping@amazon.co.uk)

Sent: Friday, 14 August 2009 3:42:00 AM

Shipped via Deutsche Post World Net

US

(ship-confirm@amazon.com)

Sent: Wednesday, 19 August 2009 8:06:08 AM

via Standard Int'l Shipping

UK

Saturday, 22 August 2009 1:20:00 AM

using Royal Mail. :D

the race continues :lol:

edit

the last order was not made exclusivlly for me, although i may have snuck in a dvd or two :rolleyes:

Edited by mcduck

Amazon US seems to be hit and miss these days…. my latest order shipped on August 14th and still hasn’t turned up…. I assume it has gone via NZ like my last couple of orders (I don’t know why on earth they have started doing this!)…. It wasn’t long ago that the US orders arrived within 10 days….